• Published 27th May 2014
  • 15,111 Views, 522 Comments

Celestiphobia - Dr Atlas



With the Queen incapacitated, she turns to one of her few subjects who is still in good health to deliver a treaty to the princess, only problem is that the changeling has a phobia for that hatchling eater.

  • ...
72
 522
 15,111

Run, hide, or die Part 2

“Okay changeling, I’m counting’ to three. One. Two…”

“Three!”

The private burst through the bathroom door before the captain could finish. Making him groan in anger. “PrrrrriVATE!”

The guard stood up in attention and saluted. “Sir yes sir.” He then regained his composure and looked at his commander.

He walked in and glared at the private. “And why did you run in?”

The private looked around the bathroom. “B-Because I thought that the changeling was….gone?”

The captain rolled his eyes. “Son, I doubt that that monster is…gone…” Both ponies looked around in shock to see that their prisoner was no where to be seen.

“Where did that slimy little rat get off to?!” The captain looked around in anger, trying to find some hint as to where the changeling could of gone.

“Uh...sir?” The private pointed at the grate on the ground, his commander turned around and gasped at the sight of the exposed air vent.

“Why the dirty, unoriginal little...” The captain turned around and pointed at his fellow guard. “Private, you stay here.”

The private shuttered. “Me? But-”

“Don’t throw your buts at me, son. Just follow my order, I’ll be right back with the shape shiftier in my hooves.” With that he turned around and started crawling through the vent, leaving the private alone in the bathroom.

The private sat down and sighed, wondering what to do next. “Why would the changeling be going through an air duct, it doesn’t even go outside, now if I were a changeling, I would-?”

“Be knocking out a guard.”

“Nah, that’s not something I would want to…” The private quickly turned around and came face to face with the changeling.

Stan smiled and grabbed him by the head. “Now just hold still.”

The private started shaking, knowing this was gonna hurt. “I-I’d rather no-”

Before he could finish, Stan headbutted him, instantly making him fall to the floor. Stan stumbled a bit and shook his head. “Whew...Glad to know I still got it.” He picked up his helmet that fell of the pony and put it one.

He looked in the mirror, then back at the now unconscious pony, making sure to get every feature that the private had. “Now lets see, gotta get every detail down, not a single thing missing, and to make sure you look-”

“Delicious”

Stan screamed again and fell to the floor...again and clutched his chest. “For Faust sake! When will this end!” He got back up and made his way to the door.

“This will all be over soo-”

Stan closed his eyes and ears and ran out yelling. “Just shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!”

*CLANG*

Stan landed on his flank and rubbed his head. “Ugh...Will you watch where...you’re…” He slowed his speech once he saw what hit him. He had no Idea that this pony was here, nor did he know why, but he knew exactly what he was gonna do next.

The stallion in front of him got back on his hooves and looked at Stan in concern. “Wha...Private, is that any way to talk to your-”

“Changeling killer!” Stan leaped on the white stallion and knocked him into a wall, pressing his hooves around his throat. “You...YOU!...”

The stallion struggled. Using is back legs, he kicked Stan off of him, smacking him on the other side of the wall. “*Cough* what is wrong with you cade-”

“The brothers and sisters shall be avenged!” Stan charged at him again. making sure to end his life by any means necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The private laid in the bathroom, groaning in pain. He had never experienced getting hurt in the head before, he had a few punches and kicks to the stomach and legs, but getting head butted, it was something else. After coming to his senses, he turned over on his belly and pushed himself up.

“PRIVATE!”

He jumped into the air and held his hoof to his forehead. “Sir yes...sir?” He then landed on the ground and saw that his commander was covered in dust. “Um...Sir?”

“Private…” The captain sighed. “I’m gonna give you some advice. One, don’t go in air vents, they are...evil, and second.” He closed the gap between their faces. “Don’t go to sleep ON THE JOB!”

The private shifted his hooves. “I-I wasn’t sleeping sir, that changeling came in here and-”

“Oh, so now you’re telling me another one of your ridiculous lies.” The captain was now starting to glare daggers into the private.

“Sir, I’m telling you the truth.” He pleaded.

“Really now? Well then where is he?” The captain snarled.

*SMASH*

Both ponies shielded their faces from the door debris as another pair of ponies came crashing in, one of them strangling on top of the other. The one on top yelled. “This is where you suffer the same fate as Terry! He died for a cause you son of a-”

Stan then landed outside from a fearsome punch to the face, where he then undisguised and looked up at his assailant. The captain, who then cracked his hooves. “You dare try to assassinate the captain of the royal army.”

“No, I will assassinate that murderer.” Stan charged at him while the private pulled the white stallion up and saluted on instinct.

“Are you alright, captain Shining?” The private said in worry.

Shining dusted himself off and coughed. “At ease private, I’m fine. Just a bit shook up is all.”

“Sir, what are you doing here?” The private continued to salute.

“I heard yelling while I was in the main halls. Thought I should check it out.” They looked back at the fight to see that their friend was currently getting kicked in the stomach. “Turns out it was this beast of abomination!”

Stan stopped and turned around. “Like you’re any wor-” Stan yelped in pain once he felt his leg get a powerful kick from the captain, making him fall while the guard started getting his revenge.

The private shifted his hooves nervously. “Should we...you know, help?”

Shining pointed at him and said. “Private, go get reinforcements. This bug is dynamite.”

The private nodded and started running, with his hoof still to his forehead. Stan noticed this and pushed pushed the pony off him. “Ohhoho no you don’t!”

He stood up and ran at him with full speed, tackling him to the ground. “Private! Why did you let the bug tackle you?” The captain yelled. Shining shook his head and starting running to help.

Stan turned around and held the private by his neck, making everyone else in the hall freeze. “Make one more step. I dare ya.” Stan said with an evil smile. “I’m sure necks can snap faster than you can run anyway you...monster.” Private looked up at Stan in fear while Shining and the captain stood their ground.

“Changeling,” Shining said. “think about what you’re doing.”

Stan snickered. “I know what I’m doing you murderer. I’m giving payback for what you’ve done to us. You and your precious pink princess.”

“Nice alliteration.” Private whispered.

Captain growled. “What's with your hate toward captain Armor, what has he ever done to-”

“He killed two-hundred and fifty-three of my brothers and sisters! That’s a start as to why I hate him.” Stan heavily breathed while both guards looked at each other.

“How’d you do that captain?” Private said through the slight pressure on his throat.

Stan looked down and adjusted his grip on him. “Oh, you wanna know how?” He looked up at Shining with fire in his eyes. “He and his wife blasted us with that spell, it knocked us clear out of Equestria. I hope you know that some of them had the slowest death imaginable, and others had to kill the ones they knew weren't gonna make it, and only six made it out okay!”

Shining couldn’t say a word, he never knew what happened to all the changelings once he blasted them, he thought they landed without a scratch. That’s what made him sleep at night. Shining looked up at him with sorrow “Look, changeling. I know what I did was a little bit too harsh.”

“YOU THINK!" Stan adjusted his grip on the private again, making the others flinch.

“B-but I’m sure that princess Celestia will help you with this.”

Stans heart skipped a beat once he said that. “T-That princess won't help us.”

Shining took a step forward. “Celestia is sparing, she will understand what you’re going through.”

Stan was starting to shake and his grip on the private was starting to loosen. “She won’t un-understand a thing.” His breathing sounded more afraid than angry.

Shining was now a few yards away from them. “If you just let him go, we can bring you to her, and then you can talk about this.”

The right side of Stan's face twitched. “Is that just some sick way of telling me that she’ll kill me!”

Shining stepped back after his outburst. “No! Why would you think that, she is a-”

“MONSTER! You’re never taking me to her.” Stan lost it at that point, he held his hostage into the air and flung it at them before he made a run for it.

Shining helped the private up. “You okay?”

The private was about to respond, but the captain shouted. “There’s no time for that! We need to stop that bug before he goes after the princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stan continued to run, he didn’t care about being disguised at that point, the fear in his mind was making him not even think about where he was going, or what he was seeing. He thought he was hearing screaming at one point, a snap of a stick, a punch and a kick, the feel of a bite, these sounds and images and feelings were going through his mind until he finally came to his senses, he found himself on the floor with a stick in his hooves and was now looking up at a group of guards, Shining being in the middle.

Stan stood up and facing the guards. “If you think...I’m, hugh...running away without him...you are...whew...sadly mistaken, hungh.” Stan used the spear to keep his balance and continued to pant uncontrollably, he had never run this fast in all his life. Nor did he know what he was talking about, who was he talking about anyway?

“Hi Stan.”

Stan’s ears twitched, he thought it was just some wind and said, “Y-Yeah hi Carl. Now I suggest all of you...wait…” Stan’s mind got the picture, he came here to save his friend Carl, that was the whole point, there was another reason why he came here as well, but he couldn’t remember.

With a smile on his face, Stan turned around and said, “Oh thank the queen Carl, I thought you were de..de…..dea…..d-d-d...dehehahaaa….” He dropped the stick and dropped his jaw in horror once he saw what was in front of him.

The entire room was dark with a single light shining on top of Carl, who was dead on the floor with a pool of blood surrounding him, and right next to him stood the worst nightmare of his life with one of his limbs in her mouth.

“Well well well, so you’re the big brave bug that came into my home.”

Author's Note:

Sorry about the dialogue mostly being the captain and the private.
They were from one of my first fic's, and with this being so popular, I couldn't help but include them.