• Published 26th May 2014
  • 817 Views, 23 Comments

A new life in Ponyland - nearlyepic1



Bob's life has gone bad. He can't seem to do anything right. Maybe his luck will change after he is sent to a certain ponyland.

  • ...
12
 23
 817

Chapter 6

I am woken up by a banging noise. I wonder for a moment where I am.

Oh yeah, Equestria was it? I open my eyes and look around the room. Blade is standing next to his bed, Stretching his wings. Shield was still in bed, rolling around slightly. I could tell that the banging noise was coming from the door, but as the door was still closed, I couldn't see who was waking us up.

I sleepily rubbed my eyes and sat up from the floor, resting my back against the wall. "Who is it?" I tiredly ask. Blade glances towards me, seeing that I'm awake, and nods his head before stretching his neck.

The banging stops, Replaced by a voice I recognize as Twilights. "It's me, It's time to get up. Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes." Was she making us breakfast? That's nice of her... Or does she just see it as being a good host?

"Uhh... Thanks?" I reply, feeling a little more alert with my mind having something to think about.

"Don't mention it." I hear hoof steps leading away from out shared room. I look around the room once again. I see that Blade had finished stretching and had moved over to Shields bed and was now sitting, trying to wake him up. I stand, pushing myself up from the floor, and walk over to the door. I hear a set of hooves join me as I push the door open and walk to where I think the kitchen was.

Lucky my sense of direction hasn't migrated north for the winter. I walk into the kitchen to find Twilight eating a pancake. She looks up at us as we walk in and points to a stack of pancakes with a hoof. "Help yourselves." she says.

"Sure, I don't turn down free food." I state as I pull up a chair, the two night guards sitting at either side of the small table.

Breakfast passes without much trouble. Shortly after, the guards head back to the room to do stuff and I have a small argument with Twilight about why she was trying to get her guest to do the cleaning up. It seems only reasonable that she takes proper care of me. In the end, she decides it's not worth the hassle and cleans up herself. The mare then mentions something about hanging out with Applejack for the day. I'm not too fussed, Applejack seemed okay from the small amount of interaction I had with her.

Once Twilight was finally done cleaning up, Blade and Shield strode back into the kitchen wearing their armor. It did look pretty cool, but I thought it was a bit excessive. It's not like I'm going to be attacked in broad daylight.

We walk out of the tree and head towards the outskirts of town. I don't really have any idea where I'm going, I'm just following Twilight. I zone out as I walk. I don't like walking. Walking's boring. It's just repetition! Left foot, right foot, Left foot, right foot! Why can't we just call some kind of taxi? Or get the Pegasus to fly us there.

After a while, we finally arrived at, what I assumed was, Applejacks' farm. It felt like it took hours to reach it. In reality, it likely took five to ten minutes. The farm was just a farmhouse, a few surrounding buildings and fields full of apple trees on all sides. The amount of land there was impressive... The content, not so much. Being from a city, I'm not used to seeing such rolling hills and wide open spaces. The closest I ever saw was a long street. To be fair, it was a really long street, but this farm felt bigger.

Our group walked towards the barn door, I could make out a orange speck that was Applejack. She watched us with indifference as we approached. When we got close enough, she call to us "Hey there Bob. I you got your working shoes on, we've got a long day ahead. We don't give any slack on this here farm."

It was at this point, I knew I was going to have a bad day.


I have had a bad day. I've had to walk all around the farm carrying buckets of apples. My back hurts, my feet hurt and my head hurts. Applejack said she didn't have any slackers on her farm. What she meant is that she runs slave labor! in my six hours of working there, I was only given seven breaks. The guards carried more than me, but that's fine, they're built for it. They're holding me to standards that I can't reach!

I'm not even talking about the boredom!

Oh it was boring! It was sooo Boring! At one point, I snapped a small branch from a tree and started playing cricket with the apples. Every so often an Apple would hit AJ and she'd look at me suspiciously. I'd just lie, say that an Apple fell on her from the tree above her, and she'd go back to work. The whole process repeated every ten minutes or so. That mare can kick every apple out of a tree with a single buck, but she really isn't smart.

After six hours of complaining on my end, AJ finally decided to send me back to Twilight.

Blade said he would come back with me while Shield offered to help some more at the farm. I'm starting to think that Shield either really strange or is trying to avoid me.

Blade and I got back to twilight's pretty quickly. We exchanged some small talk, but not much.When we got back to Twilight's tree she asked about how it went. Blade answered with a lot more enthusiasm than me. I just wanted to go to bed and sleep. I stayed with Blade and Twilight for a while as they talked. I even contributed one word replies when they specifically asked me a question, my answer being yes, no or maybe.

it was around eight before Shield got back. We all ate dinner, some kind of salad that I didn't ask much about. Once that was done, I walked back into my room to go to bed. Then I remembered I had no bed. Then I just mentally shrug, steal Blades covers and pillow, lie down on the floor and go to sleep.

Author's Note:

I'm really having trouble finding time to write this... I may just have to cancel it

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment