• Published 11th Apr 2012
  • 1,040 Views, 1 Comments

Champion of Equestria Realm - TundraStanza



Mortal Kombat meets My Little Pony (like that hasn't been done before).

  • ...
 1
 1,040

(Semi-Epilogue) The Legacy of Tundra

The Legacy of Tundra
---

Following the previous tournament, Tundra returned to Equestria. The souls that she and Shang Tsung had absorbed were safely redistributed back to their rightful owners. For years, the cold-hearted alicorn returned to her training in the secret chambers beneath the crystal caverns. Here, she honed her precision, her deadliness, and her reflexes. Even the cunning changelings had no knowledge of this place.

But the cyber Lin Kuei were more adept at discovering hidden back doors. They were the ones who seemed to conjure their presence from out of thin air. Only green data streams signified the difference between their powers and those of the unicorns' teleportation magic. Tundra was briefly caught off guard by their appearance, but not long enough that she couldn't react.

A few hoof kicks sent three of them crashing to the cavern floors. Another was met with a face full of ice shuriken. Yet another found out just how cold Tundra's exhaled breath could be. She immediately followed up by slicing through him with an ice blade in addition to cutting two more of the metallic assassins through their waistlines. Blue blood painted the ground in addition to scattered pieces of metal and bones.

One last cyber Lin Kuei appeared after the initial wave of attackers. Tundra recognized him as one of the followers of Shao Kahn. His maroon enhancements were enough for her to identify him as Sektor. Of all the Lin Kuei who had undergone the Cyber Initiative, he was considered one of the two best fighters. But as usual, Tundra remembered the facts with little enthusiasm. Reputation did not make a warrior. Only his strength and victories did that.

"I will show no mercy!" Sektor declared in his robotic tone.

Tundra hardly batted her eyelids as she ducked under his dual-wield flamethrowers. As the flames died down, she drove her hoof in an uppercut into his chin. The collision with metal let loose a small ringing noise as Sektor stumbled back a bit. But it wasn't long before he transferred his data in a green stream through the floor. He caught Tundra off guard by appearing underneath her and punching her with an uppercut of his own.

Sektor followed up his one-up with a missile that was locked and loaded. It fired from his inner chambers. The explosion sent Tundra spinning to the floor. While she didn't voice it, her pain was obvious. Bones were probably misaligned and internal bleeding was highly probable.

Of course, warriors were foolish if they thought that she couldn't keep fighting through that. Using the technique that had earned her cutie mark in the past, she attuned to her opponent's energy before standing up on two legs. With her new temporary powers, she flowed into the floor and appeared underneath the original Sektor. The force alone was enough to send him flying. She fired a barrage of missiles at him. All four of his limbs were destroyed in the explosions as was his head and body. As more blue blood painted the cavern floor, she turned around and assumed her default form.

"Fatality," she muttered as she resumed her training in freezing stalactites.

---

A/N: Okay, so I was mistaken. This is a one-and-a-half-shot.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment