• ...
6
 41
 1,729

Chapter 5

I run ceaselessly through the vegetation. “Hell, I can’t keep this up.” A bush to the side of the makeshift path rustles. I slide along the ground and a brown blur flies over my head.

What was that, like the twelfth time I’ve dodged death?” I hear a growl from behind me. I jump up to a low branch and continue my run through the trees.

Why didn’t I do this earlier?” A scorpion tail comes from above and breaks the next five branches. I dive down, rolling on impact as usual. “Right.” A brown wolf jumps out from a pit in the ground and runs toward me. I plant my boot on its skull and leap over the pit, using the wolf as a step stool.

That had to have killed it. I am not a murderer, it’s just survival. But why did I feel such a shock through my boot? Bone doesn’t do that.” I glance back and see the same wolf getting to its feet. “Why me?” I keep on running. Running, running, and running. The only thing keeping me going is a flow of adrenaline.

Wonder how much blood I have in my adrenaline.” The adrenaline gave me fuel, but it didn’t give me coordination. I stumble from sheer exhaustion, and the stumble turns into a fall. I get to my feet, but I’m surrounded.

“You mother fuckers.” I bring my arms up, and get into a fighting pose of my own design. “I may be down, but I sure as hell ain’t out. This day is probably going to end with me in a bunch of pieces, all in a stomach. But I will make you go through Hell to get me.” I had resigned all hopes of living, my only motive was to cause these damned things as much pain and suffering as I can.

A wolf to my right leaps towards me. I lean back and strike its neck as it passes by. *Thunk*

Son of a BITCH, that hurt. Okay, these are not normal wolves.” I decide to go on the offense and rush at the wolves. I grab two wolves by the neck and slam their heads together. “If I can’t use my body as a weapon, I’ll use theirs.” I hear something behind me, and I pivot on one foot while the other is outstretched. *Clop* “Where have I heard that before?” I continue to kick the wolves to hear the sound. *Clop, clop, clop*

That’s what it was. It sounds just like Twilight’s hoof steps in the library. These wolves must be made of wood. That’s why that wolf didn’t die when I jumped off of its skull. Steel must be about as strong as keratin.” A wolf leaps at me while I am deep in thought. I am pinned on my back, and the wolf looks down on me. It rears its head, so I lean my head to the side and dodge it, then bash its head with my skull, ignoring the dots that flood my vision. I keep on hitting it until blood drips into my eyes, then I hit it some more. “I said I’d make you go through Hell.” I have to power through at least a concussion to utter even those few words.

I begin to chuckle, but I get cut off by fangs to the jugular. My body goes into shock when the wolf pulls its head back. I can’t send my muscles any messages, but they sure as Hell can tell me what’s going on. The wolves crowd over me, ripping into my flesh. “So this is how I go out. You always wonder.” My vision begins to dim from blood loss. Then I hear a voice calling my name, a familiar voice.

“Michael, you’ve got to wake up!”
Oh don’t tell me” I open my eyes to see a brown ceiling. I look around and see the inside of the library, and Twilight with a black eye.

“Did I do that?” She nods her head. “Sorry, wasn’t having the most peaceful dream.”

“What do you mean?”

“It would take too long to explain. Unless magic can read minds. If it can, only do it when I say so. You do not want to know what’s going on in here. It almost drives me crazy, and I live with it.” She smiles and nods her head. Her horn begins to glow and I pass out.

[Yes, I did just put in a dream. I’m kind of running out of ideas, just post an idea in the comments and I might get inspiration from it. Hell, it could be such a good idea that I start a new story for it. Any and all ideas are good, except for shipping and clop. Grim dark is a maybe, but nopony/one will die. Sorry about the short chapter, but I was beginning to run on empty. Would anyone be willing to proofread this? If so then PM me your email and I will send you the chapters as I write them.]
-Proofread and Edited by Blaze Burn Crash (I'll let it slide)
-Michael

Comments ( 6 )

So, next time I proofread (if there is a next time), I'll make it MUCH faster. So you can send all the chapters you make ta me and I'll send it back probably in the next day or two.:pinkiesmile:

575361 did you make any changes?

Well, you did mix up 'adrenaline' with 'blood'.
Plus a couple other mistakes. I might have forgotten a couple, but we can let it slide.

575370 THAT WAS ON PURPOSE
*edit session*
fixed

575361 Quality over quantity, my friend. When I proofread for people, I usually read every sentence about 3 times; 5 if I changed anything in it. Gotta make everything perfect. :D

629258 hes saying that because he had a lot of stuff on his hands

Login or register to comment