• Published 11th May 2014
  • 5,197 Views, 103 Comments

The Refugees - neorenamon



Twilight finds a group of mares from Zebrica has suddenly "moved in" to live with Zecora.

  • ...
70
 103
 5,197
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 12 )

Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells... smelly.
bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22919000/ngbbs4dfbf8190de39.jpg
sequel.

4639643
Yes! And it will be beautiful!

I can't wait to see this continued; especially if we get to see some of the less oftne featured characters. DT and SS are a nice addition, though I almost wish Spike would involve his buddies Snips and Snails now in their training. Even so, that will be lots of fun to watch!

Oooh, maybe he can teach his friends a few tricks they can use on some other girls, like Twist and Tootsie Flute!

And Luna's expanding her master's influence. I wonder who her master is now. Rover, who we know is incarcerated in Canterlot? I don't think they took the Shaman with them, so Rover is a prime candidate. Or they really do get their orders through dream visions. Regardless which one it is, it'll also be very, very interesting.

I'm not going to go through 38 pages of this to find the mind control. Could anyone provide a link?

4641531

you are such a lazy ass

Jk, I have the same problem with stories like this

Comment posted by Truthseeker deleted Oct 20th, 2014

This review has been brought to you by Zero Punctuation Reviews

Two reviews in one week? This is arbitrary at best, not even Yahtzee would do something so unexpected. Quite so, since I’m going to be gone next week, and it has been quite some time since my last review, so, whatever. I’ve been really getting into Dark Souls lately, but the curse are a bitch. Every time you get cursed it halves your health. Yeah, I have ¼ of a max health bar. It’s a big, fat bitch.

As I wait here for the inevitable reign of the alien, anal-probing overlords, I have read through The Refugees a squanderous little peach that refused to be plucked off of its tree. I wanted to make this review fresh after the post story blues, a lot like the post sex blues except a lot less smelly… kind of. I waded through the green lake, feeling the cold, yet warm water against my flesh as I–sorry lost my train of thought–over all I feel a bit… on the fence about the whole thing, but I am purposelessly keeping whether I like the story or not ambiguous for a lot of reasons.

The Refugees is a bombastic tale that takes place in an alternate universe in which Princess Twilight Sparkle decides visit her foreign friend Zecora that lives in the has-yet-to-tentacle-rape-anypony forest, for no other specific reason than she has a fucking STD. Upon arriving she discovers...I think five other mares now living with her, A giraffe, unicorn-zebra, regular zebra, water buffalo, and I can’t remember the other fucker. Oh well not important. My question is: what could they possibly have to run from? Lions and Tigers and AIDS, oh my! After a bit of mild sex to get your boner up and running, the plot has been surmised in the first two little chapters: they want mates. Of course.

“Now, now, let’s not get too cynical, yet.” You say trying to keep my head on my shoulders.

Alright, fine. Let’s loosen the ropes and start spelunking into the tainted urethra that we are currently hanging over–

“But wait!” You shout idly, holding your fist in the air with anger. “That’s only half the plot you jackass.”

“You’re right!” I say apologetically, “How unscrupulous of me to forget.”

In actuality, getting mates is about 1/64 of the plot. Because all that shit is accomplished within the first seven chapters. And there wasn’t even build up to the relationships at all. This is exactly how it went: they meet, they fuck/foreplay, they’re soulmates. Alright now that shit’s over with, let’s get to the nitty gritty.

Classic Cliche, every man or stallion’s wettest dream is to have two women or mares in his bed or stable. I’ve never really been much for straight ships or clop because you know the entire fandom is mostly based around most characters being gay. My personal preference is not going to get in the way of this story getting a fair review. He did one thing right: the sex. Maybe I’m cutting him some slack, maybe I’m not.

The characters weren’t that believable to me. Maybe I’m way too into the fanon, but Twilight never really struck me as pony who fawns over someone else, mostly due to the fact that her muzzle has been stuffed into a book ninety-nine percent of the motherfucking time. Also I believe she was more uncomfortable with the whole prospect of the giraffe’s come-ons and sharing Big Mac. It felt fucking forced; we all love a nice tight hole, but at least lube it up first!

I wish some backstory was provided for the refugees, giving us some idea of what they were like and who there as people and not just showing up the upper crust of their personalities. They needed to be deeper characters, that maybe someone out there, could in fact, relate to. And give us some kind of idea of how bad the war was instead of some vague idea. They’re idea of war could be way different from ours. Here we are blowing each other’s goddamn brains out, and the tribes could out in the fields poking each other with grass blades for all we know.

But then again in the later chapters is when the story really starts to shine when its splayed out in the light and it sparkles like a night out on the gold schlager. The story had some deep and interesting moments that honestly made me feel something for the characters.

This story deserves a dark tag instead of a comedy, for a the rape and fucked up shit that happens in it. The thing that really stuck out to me the most is that nopony made it out of this story un-molested. Everypony got their shit fucked, and no matter what they did or where they went, life was ever presently pressing his bulging hard on into the crack of their ass, and they just had to put up with it. If that isn’t deep I don’t know what is.

Another thing that I like is how Twilight, Zecora, and Opa went all bad ass on the Diamond dogs toward the end. I imagined it somewhat like the Hollow Thief parry from Dark Souls (and no I will not shut the fuck up about Dark Souls!).

I learned something from this (as miniscule as it may be). Even if something is mostly composed of gratuitous sex, there can be a dark surrealism underneath, reminiscent of the one felt in Earthbound. Beneath the easy-going white cream on the top that may be pretty to look at and the overall more liked, there’s the hard chocolate and nuts below peaking out of the cupboard like the stepchild you locked away. Its out of sight, but it’s still there.

Between the dark surrealism and gratuitous sex, everypony–in the end–goes with the latter, because it the most comfortable, easy to face and less thought provoking. Whether the darkness was there intentionally or just some freak accident, it doesn’t matter. In my book it adds to the story and makes it better than if it was left without it. Whether you disagree with me or not, in reality (and we all know this) what actually makes a story popular or not comes down to three things: mass appeal, plot, tits or…
images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24900000/GTFO-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-24917608-600-375.jpg

I read this story and man the feelings rang through me! loved every chapter. keep up the good work!

Diamond Dogs as villains? I never would have expected! That's originality there, people. Harem anime antics, mind control, the abuse of minorities and refugee populations? All new and never before posited. This deserves all the attention it gets for its groundbreaking quality and creativity. It has all the finest elements.

i hope there will be a sequel

I have to say this is a fantastic story. Grammatical errors aside, it has just about everything you would need in a story. Hilarious comedy. Awesome World building. Drama. Action. Bits of various cultures.
Oh. And this.

"It's... so fun!"

"Great," she replied as her horn glowed, "I want to give you the first crack at my new clients. Their fathers are paying me... extremely handsomely... to bring these brats under control."

A secret wall panel slid open as Spike turned to look, and saw the naked, bound, gagged and squirming teenage forms of...

"DIAMOND TIARA?! SILVER SPOON?!" cried Spike.
...

Along with your bonus points, you're getting a total of 17 points on the :yay:itude meter! EASILY the highest rating I have ever given.

Long life to all those involved!

Except Rover, there. He can go fuck himself next time.

If there should be a sequel, I say all the better!

I feel quite concerned about rainbow dash...

Login or register to comment