• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 609 Views, 3 Comments

A New Leaf for Twilight Sparkle - rainbowdashrules95



Will Twilight ever save the Crystal Empire after randomly arriving at Celestia's Castle? Twilight must find a way to go back in time to fix what she has messed up on.

  • ...
9
 3
 609

Chapter 4

“Did we make it?” Applejack asked.

“I don't know.”

Twilight looked out the library window. The skies were clear. The ponies were outside with the crystal fair, and the crystal heart is still covered with the flag.

“Okay, I-”

“There you are Twilight. I thought you were going to get the crystal heart.” Shining Armor said while he entered the library.

“I'm about to." “

Okay, if you need me, you know where to find me.”

“By the way, how's cadence doing?” Twilight asked.

“Her magic is not good. Hurry Twilight. You don't have much time.”

The doors close. “Okay, I am going to retrieve the crystal heart, while you girls go keep the fair going once more. Alright?!”

“Mhm.” They all agreed.

"Spike, you come with me. Okay, GO!”

Twilight trotted to the castle. She cast a spell over the throne. The shadow opened the floor once more. Then she headed down the flight of stairs. Moments later, she arrived at the bottom of the stairs.

“Okay, King Sombra's magic didn't work, so hopefully the other one works.” Twilight said.

Twilight's horn glowed, then she shot at the crystal above the door. A rainbow glowed over the door, and opened the door. She entered in with Spike, and saw more stairs.

She walked up the stairs with Spike. After a long flight of walking up stairs, they were both getting tired.

“What if this, is just more of his magic?” Spike asked. “He makes a door that leads to your worst nightmare, why not a staircase, that goes on forever?”

Twilight looks up at the stairs above her.

“Hold on to me.”

Twilight's horn glowed again, and flipped upside down under the stairs, and started sliding upwards.

She and spike arrived at the top in no time at all. They found the crystal heart. She walked to the heart, but all of a sudden, she stepped on what is a crystal pressure plate, which triggered an alarm. King Sombra heard the alarm and used his magic and closed her in with crystal spikes. The crystal fell over the side of the crystal spikes.

“The heart, where's the crystal-”

“Over here, it rolled over here when you dropped it.”

“Don't Move!”

Spike struggles to get away from the spikes coming at his feet.

“You can move just not toward me.”

Twilight used her magic to get out of the jail-like trap, but she was thrown back in by Sombra's magic.

“How can I been so foolish, I was so eager to get it. And when I saw it was rolling outside I-”

“You have to get out of there Twilight. You have to be the one who brings the heart to Princess Cadence. If you don't, you fail Celestia's test.”

“King Sombra is already attacking the Empire. He could reach the Crystal Ponies at any moment. He could reach Princess Cadence, my brother, my friends. There might not be enough time for me to escape.”

Twilight started to think of what to do for a moment. She looked outside, then looked at Spike, who still continued to struggle at the spikes.

“You have to be the one to bring the crystal heart to the fair.” twilight thought.

“Me? But Twilight!”

“Go!”

“but-”

“GOOOOO!”