• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 560 Views, 8 Comments

The Only Ones That Can Save Them All - Rainbow_Dash_14008



An evil force has plagued Equestria and have changed personalities of its inhabitants. Luna was the only pony unaffected, and she needs to summon new heroes from another dimension to save Equestria.

  • ...
8
 8
 560

Chapter 4: An Event in the Night

Author's Note:

I had no idea what to name this chapter, so yeah :/

"HEY! WAKE UP!"

DragonFlame startled awake. She looked around, it was still the middle of the night.

"Wha?" she said still half-asleep.

"What do you thing you're doing, sleeping on that bench?"

DragonFlame looked to where the voice was coming from. It was Mayor Mare, and like every other pony DragonFlame had met, looked angry.

"What do you mean?" she asked groggily.

"That is town property!" Mayor answered sharply, "I will not allow you to sleep on it! The park is closed also, so you shouldn't be even near here! Now go back to your home before I put you under arrest!"

"But I don't have a home," DragonFlame explained.

"Well that's not my problem is it?" the mayor replied. DragonFlame was about to respond when another voice interrupted her.

"What is going on here?"

Another pony walked into the scene, Princess Twilight Sparkle.

"Well...Princess," said the mayor, sounding disgusted, "this pony here was sleeping on town property when the park is clearly closed! She claims she's homeless but that's not an excuse! I was about to arrest her."

Twilight looked at DragonFlame, who was confused as to what was going on, she was still half-asleep.

"No need for that Mayor," said Twilight, "she'll be out of the park soon. She can stay at the library with me for now. Hey you! Come on, I have a spare bed you can sleep in."

DragonFlame sat there for a moment, then got up to follow Twilight. They walked past the mayor, who was scowling.

"Are you alright?" Twilight asked, and DragonFlame nodded, "good. Things can get messy here in Equestria, especially lately."

"I've noticed," DragonFlame muttered, "What happened here Twilight? Why is everypony rude here now?"

Twilight raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean by that? They have always been like this since Her Majesty Princess Celestia sent me to live here. Wait...how did you know my name was Twilight? I don't remember mentioning it, and you seem to be new here."

"I...uh..." DragonFlame tried to think of something to say, "Um, I, heard...er...other ponies talking...uh...about you. Yeah!" She gave a big smile, knowing that Twilight probably wouldn't fall for that lie.

"Uh huh," Twilight said, looking suspiciously at DragonFlame, "anyway, what is your name?"

"Ai-I mean, DragonFlame," DragonFlame said, almost using her human name.

"You seem to be hiding something DragonFlame," Twilight replied, "but never mind. I'm tired, I need to sleep. I have been up late."

"I'm quite tired too," DragonFlame agreed, "but Twilight, I still don't get why your friends are being rude."

"Friends?" Twilight asked, "I don't have any friends."

They had reached the library, Twilight opened the door and they walked in.

"You don't have friends?" DragonFlame gasped, "How does the Princess of Friendship not have friends?"

Twilight looked at her funny. "The Princess of Friendship? Where in all of Equestria would you of heard that? No, actually, I've been given the title of the Princess of Magic. Even though many say I'm not even a Princess at all. My wings were practically a result of a spell Princess Celestia was testing out."

They walked upstairs where there was a pair of beds. Twilight got in one and motioned for DragonFlame to get in the other. As she lay down, DragonFlame asked one more question.

"Hey Twilight?"

"Yes DragonFlame?"

"Would you like a friend?"

Twilight was silent for a moment, "I don't know. Maybe. Let's just get some rest."

And with that, the two ponies drifted off to sleep.