• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 560 Views, 8 Comments

The Only Ones That Can Save Them All - Rainbow_Dash_14008



An evil force has plagued Equestria and have changed personalities of its inhabitants. Luna was the only pony unaffected, and she needs to summon new heroes from another dimension to save Equestria.

  • ...
8
 8
 560

Chaper 2: The First Hero

Luna sat quietly in her room thinking. What would happen if she did summon people from that world to Equestria? All she knew is that they should turn into ponies, as that was part of the spell. But what would they do? And how would they do it? They probably would have no idea what was going on. Maybe Luna had a better chance of convincing a pony corrupted by whatever was corrupting Equestria into believing her and to help her. But she couldn't do that for another week, while as she could perform the spell right then.

Luna started to pace back and forth. Then it hit her. She knew how she could modify the spell so that the person she summons has some knowledge of Equestria and the inhabitants.

"Surely if some ponies know of their world," she muttered, "then some of them should know of ours."

It was decided. She would cast the spell and hope for the best. Since summoning the pony to the castle would surely raise suspicion, she would send him/her to a hill outside of PonyVille, where Luna hoped was clear of ponies.

Her horn was soon wrapped with magic as she started to perform the complicated spell. Her head started to ache because of all the magical energy she was about to release.

"Please...help...us..." she gasped as her horn glowed real bright, and the magic light burst in an explosion and disappeared.

She got up, exhausted. She had done it, she had summoned someone from the other world to Equestria. But one question remained;

Will this new pony make a difference in saving Equestra?

~~~Meanwhile, in the Human World~~~

Finally, the school week was over. Two days until this teen had to go back to school, or as she liked to call it, hell.

She grabbed her bookbag and started walking to the exit, ignoring bullies as she passed.

She walked out into the warm spring afternoon. She was walking home today, her grandmother unable to pick her up. She couldn't wait for Saturday when a new episode of her favorite show, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, would come on.

She was halfway home when she felt it. A tingling sensation. She shrugged it off, but then her vision turned blurry. She wiped off her glasses, but that didn't help. Then her vision went completely white. It felt like she was in a void of some kind. Then she heard a voice, that seemed quite loud in the otherwise silence.

"Please...help...us..."

Then her vision went black and a falling sensation came over her.

...

...

...

...

Pain.

That's the first thing she felt. She felt, odd. Too tired to open her eyes, she tried to stand up, but she couldn't, and fell back down. That was odd, her joints seemed to be out of place. It also seemed like she had three extra appendages that weren't there before. Some bug was flying around her head, so she flicked it away with her ear.

Her eyes shot open, something was wrong. When her eyes adjusted to the light, she gasped. The world didn't look normal, it looked, animated, and the style seemed awfully familiar.

She lifted up her arm so she could rub her eyes, but stopped.

Her arm didn't end with a hand, it ended in a...hoof. Not to mention that it was a light green color. She stared at it for a moment, then looked at the rest of her. She was a pony. Or to be more accurate, she was a Pegasus by the looks of the feathered wings on her back. She felt her forehead. Nope, not an alicorn. Her hair, or mane, she corrected, was orange and yellow in a flame-like pattern. So was her tail. She looked at her flank. She had a cutie mark, a dragon curled into a shape of a heart. This seemed all too familiar to her.

Then she gasped in realization, "I'm my OC!" she said, amazed, "I-I'm DragonFlame! But-but how? How am I a pony? Why am I here? Is this really Equestria?"

She stood up on all fours, wobbling a little.

"I've got to get used to this," she muttered, "and than I'll have to learn to fly."

She perked up. Oh how much had she wished to fly! Now she could. She hoped that somebody, "somepony," she corrected herself again, would teach her. But where were the other ponies? Were there any? The voice had asked for help, could they all be trapped? She hoped not, she had no idea where to find them if they were.

She saw that she was right next to a hill so she started to climb it slowly, and finally got to the top. There she could see it. The town that she had visited only in her imagination, PonyVille.

She started to the town quickly, not caring about how many times she tripped over her own hooves. Finally she could make friends, start over. Finally there could be somepony she could talk to. This wasn't a dream anymore.

She didn't know that she was galloping into the beginning of a nightmare.