• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 560 Views, 8 Comments

The Only Ones That Can Save Them All - Rainbow_Dash_14008



An evil force has plagued Equestria and have changed personalities of its inhabitants. Luna was the only pony unaffected, and she needs to summon new heroes from another dimension to save Equestria.

  • ...
8
 8
 560

Chapter 3: First Day in Ponyville

DragonFlame trotted through the streets of PonyVille, and couldn't wait to make friends. But for some reason there wasn't anypony around it seemed. She saw glimpses of them inside buildings, but none were outside. She continued on until she spotted a bright pink pony.

It was Pinkie Pie. DragonFlame smiled. Who could be better then Pinkie Pie? With her enthusiasm for meeting new ponies and making friends, DragonFlame was sure to have a new pony friend.

"Hello!" DragonFlame called out, and Pinkie Pie turned around. DragonFlame was shocked to see not a happy grin on Pinkie's face, but a look of annoyance.

"What do you want?" Pinkie snarled, "I'm busy."

"Busy with what?" DragonFlame asked.

"Ugh, with cupcakes of course!" Pinkie answered, "I need to gather ingredients! Making cupcakes is the worst! It's so boring! Now I need to hurry so I can finish sooner. Heeey, you don't look familiar. Are you new here?" she asked and DragonFlame nodded. "Thought so. Here's a word of advice, try everything you can to keep on everyony's good side you hear? You do not want to see their bad sides trust me. Their bad sides tend to show up often. Now if you excuse me, I have some cupcakes to make."

DragonFlame watched Pinkie leave.

"What was that about?" she muttered, "That was nothing like the Pinkie Pie from the show. What happened here, if anything?"

She continued along but barely saw any other pony. Whenever she did somepony, she would try to say hi but they ignored her. Something felt off, no, everything felt wrong. DragonFlame began to wonder if she really was in Equestria. The ponies were the same but none of them acted normal. Then she remembered the voice. It had asked for help. What did it need help with? And who did the voice belong to?

"I'm sure I'll find the answers eventually," she murmured, "and I hope eventually equals soon."

She then stopped watching where she was going, then soon after crashed into a pony.

"Hey! Watch where you're going! You've gotten me all dirty!"

DragonFlame got up and saw that the pony that she bumped into a very angry (and quite dirty) Rarity.

"You do that again, you little brat," she snarled, "and oh what trouble you'll be in! You do not, I repeat, DO NOT, get the beautiful and popular Rarity all dirty. And to repay me, I have some stuff for you to do in my boutique. Now come along."

"What? No!" DragonFlame replied, "I'm sorry for bumping into you, I really am! But I can't help you with your boutique! I-I have stuff to do!"

"Are you arguing with me now too?" Rarity asked and gave DragonFlame a fierce stare, "Oh no you don't! Let me put it this way you unappreciative Pegasus! Nopony argues with Rarity and gets away with it! Now, you come along to my boutique, or your face will be 20 feet in the mud! Do you understand!"

DragonFlame gulped, "Um, of course...I-I'm coming Rarity!"

DragonFlame then spent the next few hours at the boutique, cutting and sorting ribbons, doing the dishes, polishing sewing machines, and other things of that matter, all of which she hated to do and just wanted to get out of there.

"There, I think you've about done paying your debt," Rarity said to an exhausted DragonFlame, "You may go now."

DragonFlame hurriedly left the dress shop.

"So much for Pinkie's advice about staying on everypony's good side," she said to herself.

She looked up and saw that the sun was going down.

"Drat," she muttered, "I don't have anywhere to sleep tonight." Then her stomach rumbled, "and I haven't had the slightest bit to eat. Oh well..."

She went to the middle of town. There was a park with benches. She lay down on one of the benches. She would sleep there for now.

"Great, just great," she said, "First day in the land of my dreams, and I've sent the day in a dress shop and having to sleep on a bench. What kind of place is this?"

She looked up at the stars.

"Why am I here?" she asked them, "Why was I sent here? What is going on? Who or what needs my help?"

She paused as if she expected the stars to answer. When the didn't, she closed her eyes and fell into an uncomfortable sleep.