• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 4,263 Views, 33 Comments

Of Darkness and Magic - Kukulkrow13



When a trip to a costume party goes horrible wrong, a human finds himself somewhere else, and as someTHING else. A LoHAV Fic!

  • ...
7
 33
 4,263

A Midnight Rendezvous

--------------------------------
About a Month after Shade & Rainbow's Meeting
Shade/Xavier's POV

It's been a month since I met Rainbow Dash, and I am bored out of my mind. I would go out and mess with the Ponyville inhabitants, but then I might miss Rainbow Dash coming by. Yeah, I'm paranoid. Can ya tell?

'Damn, dude. How long does it take for Mare-Do-Well to show up?' I thought to myself. To pass the time I have started stretching my hands onto the castle walls and creating shadow puppets. It's interesting to see what I can make.

I felt my eye twitch as my patience grew thinner and thinner. "Where is she? Mare-Do-Well couldn't have happened already." I muttered as I formed my hands into a tyrannosaurus rex skeleton.

"No, it hasn't happened yet." "You just met with Rainbow Dash very early."

"Holy shit!" I jumped. Well, as close to a jump as I could manage. I quickly moved over to an adjacent wall to see just who managed to sneak up on me.

My eye widened in surprise. The Lutece Twins. How the hell were they even real in this universe?! Although, an even better question would be how the hell did they sneak up on me. I didn't even sense them! I thought.

Robert rose an eyebrow at my actions. "Hm, looks like you won the bet. I thought he would have been able to find us." I narrowed my eye. "Bet? What bet?"

"We bet on whether or not you would be able to detect us. I bet that you wouldn't, my brother bet that you would." Rosalind answered.

I rose an eyebrow. "Ok then. New question, how are you two even here."

"My brother and I decided to go to a comic book convention-" Rosalind began.

"where we bought a silver coin that brought us to a different version of Equestria. The same thing-" Robert continued.

"has happened to multiple other beings. A good majority of them have items-" Rosalind continued.

"that allows them to be summoned to the different Equestrias where others like them have been brought to." Robert finished.

I was floored. "Wait a second, the comic book convention? I remember you guys! I saw you two before you disappeared. And then the convention was ended because so many people went missing." I then remembered the last part of their explanation. "Summoning items, eh? I may get in on that racket. Well, as soon as I get my body back."

Rosalind nodded. "We were a few universes over-"

"And decided to inform you on our shared predicament." Robert finished. "And now, we should be going."

"I thank you for both the information and the company. It has been some time since I have had a decent conversation." I said.

"Well, we must be off." Robert said, "We need to get back to our universe."

"Yes, we should get going." Rosalind agreed, "Good-bye Shade."

"Good-bye you two! Hope you excel in whatever you need to do." I waved them off. The two smiled as a tear opened up behind them. The twins then turned and walked through the tear, with it closing up behind them after they did.

"Nice people, those two." I muttered, before going back to making shadow puppets.

--------------------------------
Present Day
Rainbow Dash's POV

I landed in front of the ruins that night. The words "Mare-Do-Well" were ringing in my head. I walked in to see an empty courtyard.

I huffed as I scanned the courtyard, "Not here. Great." I was about to take off when I heard a chuckle.

"You don't have very much patience, do you Rainbow Dash?" the shadow came up on a nearby pillar.

I sighed. "While this "Mare-Do-Well" is around, not really." As I said this, I saw the shadow's "eye" narrow into an calculating glare.

"What are you doing?" I question.

"Well, I felt something coming from you, and upon further study, I have figured out that you, Rainbow Dash, have been hexed." it said.

"Wait, what?!" I nearly yelled. The shadow nodded. "Yes, and this a very rare kind of hex. It only activates when the caster wants it to. Unfortunately, I can't sense what it does. But, I have an idea on how to figure out both what it does, and who cast it."

"Which is?" I asked, hoping that it would get rid of whatever this hex was.

"I follow you into town tomorrow. Then I will be able to see what it does, and track the magic it releases back to the caster."

I felt a little uneasy, seeing the shadow in Ponyville is something I don't want to get used to, but if it gets this hex off of me...

I sighed again. "Ok, that doesn't sound like the best idea, but I can deal with it."

The shadow nodded again, "Alright. And before I forget, my name is Shade."

"Now, can we PLEASE talk about Mare-Do-Well?" I plead, hoping to figure out a way to get rid of her.

"Ah, yes. The root of the problem. I have a feeling that whoever put that hex on you is Mare-Do-Well, or is someone who hates you and thinks Mare-Do-Well is better than you. But back to the matter at hand. Follow me."

I trailed behind Shade, with him leading me up to where we had defeated Nightmare Moon. On the pedestal was a few different things, along with what appeared to be a map of the ruins.

"What is all of this stuff?" I question.

"This stuff is a bunch of things that I think can help in both of our cases. Look at that flyer." I picked up the indicated flyer. It read:

Equestria-wide Talent Competition
Grand Prize winners get 3 wishes granted by the Princesses
Rules...

I stopped reading and looked over at shade. "So, how would this help me?"

Shade sighed, "The grand prize winner gets three wishes granted by the Princesses. If you win, you could use one to unmask Mare-Do-Well."

"Oh. That makes sense." I said, "Mind if I hold on to this for a while?"

Shade shook his head. "Nah, keep it. I don't have any need for it."

I nodded. I then made my way over to the window.

"Wait." I stopped and turned. Shade as looking at the ground and had a claw behind his head. "Do you mind coming by again sometime after this whole 'Mare-Do-Well' thing is over? I could really use the company."

'Well, he is pretty much alone out here. And plus he did just help me figure out a way to beat Mare-Do-Well.' I smirked and nodded. "Maybe."

I then turned and took off back toward my house. I needed some sleep, that way I could be ready tomorrow to show Mare-Do-Well a thing or two.

Author's Note:

Hello all! It is I, Kukulkrow13, giving you a new chapter!

It's official. I hate school. It's the reason I haven't been able to update. Luckily, it is now over with, and I am free to update!!! WOOO!!!!
And I hope everyone else is hyped for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!!!

Shade will soon be available for summoning. Just as soon as he gets his body back.

And check out the twins' story: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/169462/twin-madness