• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 4,264 Views, 33 Comments

Of Darkness and Magic - Kukulkrow13



When a trip to a costume party goes horrible wrong, a human finds himself somewhere else, and as someTHING else. A LoHAV Fic!

  • ...
7
 33
 4,264

A Nighttime Chat

--------------------------------
Shade/Xavier's POV

"Greetings Ms. Dash. I would like to have a word with you."

A few seconds later, Rainbow Dash finally picked her jaw off of the floor.

"Who the what are you?" she asked.

"A friend." I responded.

"Ok," Rainbow said, glaring at me. "Well, if you aren't going to answer my question, then I have another, why are you here?"

I rolled my eye. "One, I did answer your question. You asked me who I was and what I was, and I answered it with 'a friend'. Two, I am just here to talk."

"What about?"

"I am here to warn you about an event that will happen in the next couple of months."

A minute passed before Rainbow crossed her forelegs. "Well? Are you going to warn me?"

"When you hear three specific words, in this order, come find me in the Castle Ruins."

Rainbow glared more intensely at me. "And they are?"

Can all she do is glare? I wondered. "Sheesh, someone is impatient. Fine, the three words are: Mare Do Well."

"Ok, how is it that helpful?" She asked.

"It will help you deal with events in the future."

Rainbow didn't seem convinced.

"Uh-huh. And what's going to stop me from telling my friends about you?" She questioned.

"They won't believe you. They'll think that either you had a hallucination, or that you had a VERY realistic dream." I cooly responded.

Any further discussion was stopped when the duo heard a noise from the window. They looked, and sitting there was Twilight's pet owl, Owlowicious. I did an eye-smile. And there is my escape route.

"Well, it's been fun Rainbow Dash, but that's my ride." Before she could say anything, I shot over and took over Owlowicious. Taking off, I flew into the Everfree, and landed in the Ruins of the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters.

--------------------------------
Rainbow Dash's POV

Who was that? I wondered. And what did he mean by Mare Do Well?

Landing on my bed, I began thinking about what he said. I should tell Twilight and the others. But, what if they don't believe me? I thought about it until I fell asleep. When I awoke the next day, I had just thought it was a dream.

--------------------------------
A Few Months Later
Rainbow Dash's POV

"Whoever this pony is, they have a lot of nerve!"

I am currently in my house, ranting about the mysterious pony that stole my thunder yesterday.

"I mean, seriously-" I was cut off at the sound of somepony knocking on my door. Making my way to it, I could feel my eye twitch at how the costumed pony completely upstaged me.

Opening the door, I saw Ditzy Doo, or Derpy as I like to call her, standing on my porch with a newspaper in hoof.

"Hey Rainbow Dash!" She greeted,

"Hey Derpy, what's up?" I said.

"Just here to deliver your newspaper." Derpy said, hoofing it over to me before going into the air.

"Well, see ya later Rainbow!" She said as she waved goodbye, not noticing that behind her was a tall tree.

"Derpy, look out for that-" Derpy looked back just in time to run into it. "...tree."

Derpy fell to the ground, but was more or less unharmed.

I waved goodbye as she flew back into the air and back to Ponyville. I then went inside, and began to read the paper. However, I froze as soon as I read the headline.

Who is this mysterious "Mare-Do-Well?

Author's Note:

Hello all!
It is I, Kukulkrow13, bringing you a new chapter.

Sorry it took so long, school has been murder. Luckily, it will be ending in a few weeks, so I will have time to work on it then.
I have two references in this chapter, so tell me if you noticed them.