• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 767 Views, 64 Comments

Storm in the Sky - Dashieluvzcandy



A conspiracy is unfolding in Cloudsdale! Can Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo figure out what is going on and stop this tide of darkness before it is too late?

  • ...
1
 64
 767

Chapter 5

Cold droplets that soon turned into raining bullets came from above. Neon lights flickered up ahead as the two pegasi burst into the building with water dripping from their manes. The sky was much darker then before as rain pounded down heavily on the sidewalk outside. Scootaloo was literally drooling at mouth from the delicious scent of pizza in the air. She stuck close to Rainbow Dash while fluffing out her wing feathers for warmth.

Although the thought of eating from what Rainbow Dash claimed as the "best pizza parlor in Equestria " excited Scootaloo she could not shake off the sickening feeling that sat in her belly. Rainbow's revelation had caught her off guard and disgusted her. She knew that Rainbow's parents deaths might have been an accident but the other option was a possibility too. If they had been murdered it was just too horrific to contemplate. What sort of pony would kill a small filly's parents, especially if one of them was pregnant? Scootaloo really wanted to know the truth but she also understood what her idol was going through. She remembered when Sweetie Belle had kept pestering her about what happened to her parents and was relieved when Apple Bloom intervened. Scootaloo just hadn't been ready to tell anypony, although Rainbow Dash knew what had happened now. Luckily her parents weren't dead but they still seemed lost to Scootaloo. They had given her up because they were extremely ambitious and didn't want to be tasked with the job of looking after a foal. Scootaloo didn't even remember her parents, she grew up in a foster family always believing that they were her real family. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that her foster mom and dad told her the truth. Scootaloo clearly remembered the stages that lead to her accepting the fact that her parents didn't want her. First there was denial, then burning anger and finally sadness. Even now she felt a pang of resentment just thinking about her parents.

Both pegasi were deep in thought at that moment. Scootaloo managed to shake herself out of her thoughts to sit down on one of those diner stools that spun around. The table was next to the window so Scootaloo could get a view blurred by rain of what was going on down the street. The parlor was on the same road where her and Rainbow Dash had found Ice Petal. Speaking of Ice Petal Scootaloo could faintly see her stall still standing out there in the rain. As she squinted her purple eyes harder Scootaloo could just make out a white figure shivering violently while trying to find shelter.
"Hey squirt you wanna look at the menu and pick out something?" asked Rainbow Dash with a note of sadness still in her voice.
"Yeah I will soon, be right back." With that Scootaloo ran to the double doors and flung them open to run out into the rain.
"Scoots! What are you doing? Now I'm gonna have to get all wet again!" Scootaloo heard Rainbow Dash call behind her as she ran to the drenched perfume stall. She heard wing beats catching up from behind and turned around to see Rainbow at her side with an annoyed expression on her face.
"Where are you going?!" she grumbled.
"I told you to wait inside, I'll be fine alright? Just trust me!" Rainbow Dash shook her head stubbornly.
"Not a chance, wherever you go, I go." Scootaloo nodded in defeat and barely managed to stop her hooves from sliding out beneath her as she skidded to a halt in front of the surprised perfume seller.
"Remember us? Well we're having lunch down at the pizza parlor. Would you like to join us inside and out of this yucky weather?" Scootaloo said quickly since she didn't want to get wet for much longer.
"Slow down there Scoots remember this money is coming out of my wallet." said the cyan pegasus. Scootaloo looked dejected as she realized she had just rushed into the decision without asking.
"Just kidding! You don't think I'm that much of a jerk do ya? Of course she can join us!" Rainbow gave the filly a grin. Scootaloo sighed in relief.
"Though not to be rude but we're getting soaked out here so if you're coming you might as well come now." added Rainbow Dash. Ice Petal on the other hoof looked over-whelmed.
"Sorry, sure I will join you it's just that no other pegasi has been so kind since I came here." The pair that had now swelled to three started to run through the pelting missiles back to to the pizza parlor.


Greasy goodness filled Scootaloo's taste buds with joy.'Dash was right, this pizza is amazing!' thought Scootaloo happily to herself. She choked back a giggle of amusement as she watched Ice Petal wolf down her entire pizza in about 30 seconds. It was even faster than Rainbow Dash's pizza eating record, which was saying something since Rainbow was pretty good at making unbeatable records. She still had half of her pizza left and already felt pretty full. Rainbow Dash had already finished as she looked at Scootaloo then Ice Petal.
"Are you feeling full Scoots? Would you like me to take care of it?" Scootaloo nodded gratefully. But instead of eating it herself Rainbow pushed the box over to Ice Petal.
"Here you can eat it. I'm feeling pretty stuffed myself."
"Thanks, you guys are so nice I don't think I can ever repay you." said Ice Petal thankfully.
"Aww shucks it's only pizza but if you wanna thank someone then thank Scoots over here. She was just as kind as my friend Fluttershy." Rainbow threw a wink in Scootaloo's direction. Scootaloo felt herself puff up with pride at the compliment. 'Oh my gosh. oh my gosh, oh my gosh!' thought Scootaloo gleefully. 'Calm down Scootaloo, you can't go all crazy every time the most awesome pegasus in Equestria congratulates you,' she told herself.
"Thanks Dash." she said as a slight blush crept into her cheeks.
"Yup this pizza is pretty delicious but nothing can beat cookies and cream ice cream. Nothing at all!" Said Ice out of the blue. Scootaloo exchanged a glance with Rainbow Dash. This pony was actually pretty bubbly once you spent a bit more time with her. Ice Petal finished the rest of Scootaloo's pizza and rubbed her stomach happily.
"Hey you know what? I could take you guys to the new indoor sports arena that's just been set up. I've wanted to visit it but haven't had time what with trying to collect money and all." Ice's pink eyes looked a bit more dull at the mention of her business.
"Awesome! I love sports! Can we go there Rainbow Dash? We don't need to start the journey home until around 5:00." Scootaloo asked excitedly.
"Sure but we might wanna get some umbrella saddles. Like that one that Rarity has since we probably don't wanna get too wet."
"I know where they sell those, just follow me." Said Ice Petal. Scootaloo watched as Rainbow placed some gleaming gold bits as a tip on the table."

The small group exited the parlor once again and walked out into the rain.
"Is this place close?" Asked Scootaloo doubtfully. Ice Petal just nodded as she tried to find her bearings in the downpour. She suddenly started to trot purposefully towards a dark alleyway. The two sisters followed but Scootaloo started to get a nagging feeling that something wasn't right. She remembered the lesson that all fillies learned about not walking into an alleyway unless it's well-lit. Who knew what dangerous creatures or ponies could be lurking in the dark? Ice Petal was already far ahead and got swallowed up by the alley. Rainbow Dash slowed down to walk next to the orange filly.
"What's up? You look like something's wrong."
"I don't know Dash but I feel like this isn't right." Said Scootaloo doubtfully.
"Yeah I have that feeling too but I'm sure Ice Petal wouldn't lead us into a trap after what we did to help her." admitted Rainbow with a hint of suspicion in her voice. Scootaloo shivered as she came to a stop in front of the yawning entrance into the alleyway. She felt Rainbow ruffle her hair as she stood stock-still, staring at the evil looking darkness. Scootaloo could hear the close by hoof-falls of Ice Petal as she trotted through the alleyway. Suddenly they came to a stop. Ice Petal's voice called out to them.
"Come on you guys I assure you it's saf.........." A high pitched scream pierced the air, it was even louder than the thumping rain.
Two eyes, magenta and purple looked at each other.
"Ice Petal!" The two pegasi shouted in unison before sprinting towards the noise.

Author's Note:

Dun dun dun!! A shout out goes to all my nice reviewers! Your comments are very much appreciated and I hope that this chapter didn't disappoint you. Feel free to post constructive criticism. You guys are awesome!

Dashieluvzcandy