• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 766 Views, 64 Comments

Storm in the Sky - Dashieluvzcandy



A conspiracy is unfolding in Cloudsdale! Can Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo figure out what is going on and stop this tide of darkness before it is too late?

  • ...
1
 64
 766

Chapter 3

Scootaloo hopped onto the soft springy cloud surface of Cloudsdale. She could see why pegasi liked this place. It was a glistening white city surrounded by the sky that just looked so inviting. If Scootaloo could fly she would have soared into the sky at this very second.
"It's pretty cool, huh?" remarked Rainbow Dash.
"Yeah, it's like pegasi paradise!" exclaimed Scootaloo. Then she thought to herself, ' since when did I become so sappy?'
"Well, we'll have time to take a look around later but we better go to the cemetery first." said Rainbow quietly. Scootaloo mentally slapped herself, she was supposed to be here to comfort her idol instead of standing there gaping.
"Oops, sorry Dash! I can call you that right?" asked Scootaloo.
"Sure. And just between you and me, it's much better than being called dahling!" said Rainbow in a very exaggerated imitation of Rarity. The two pegasi laughed together at how ridiculous Rainbow Dash had sounded. Their laughs died down though as they came to a huge gate with a wall that was surrounding Cloudsdale. A line of stern looking guards stood outside the entrance. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo kept walking until they were facing one of the guards.

"Ummm, hey?" said Rainbow Dash with a confused look on her face.
"Identification please!" commanded the guard. Scootaloo noticed that Rainbow Dash looked even more confused then before.
"What do you mean by identification?"
"I mean just that Miss. Where are your identification details?"
"Identification my flank! Since when did we need them?" The guard was starting to look quite annoyed.
"Look here and just answer my question! Have you got any identification papers?" Rainbow Dash double checked her saddlebag. Scootaloo checked her own one as well and found nothing. She shrugged at Rainbow.
"Look here pal. We haven't got any papers but we have something really important to do so I think you can bend the rules a bit here."
"No identification papers no entry!" Uh oh! Scootaloo looked over and saw that Rainbow Dash was looking quite angry. The cyan pegasus flew right up to the guard's face.
"Do you even know who I am? I am one of the Elements of Harmony, friends with Princess Twilight herself, I won the Best Fliers Competition here in Cloudsdale, I am the ONLY pony to ever perform a Sonic Rainboom, I defeated Discord, defeated Nightmare Moon and I fought an army of changelings!" Fury sparked in Rainbow's eyes but the guard didn't seem the least bit affected.
"Quite frankly, I don't really care if you were Princess Celestia. I have a duty to perform and that duty is keeping out crazy mares LIKE YOU!" At the word 'crazy' Rainbow Dash looked positively livid. Scootaloo was surprised. She had never seen her idol this ticked off about something before. By now ponies were starting to stare at the argument that was taking place. Scootaloo knew she should do something so she very, very reluctantly tried pleading.
"Hey mister guard dude, umm we really need to get in here. We just forgot those papers 'cause we didn't know that they were needed. Can you please, please let us in? I promise we won't forget them again!" Scootaloo tried to hold back a gag. She really hated begging. The guard's expression softened a bit as he looked at the orange pegasus.
"Well... I guess I could let you off just this once. But if this EVER happens again you guys will just be sent back home. You got that?" Scootaloo nodded and Rainbow finally nodded too with a poisoned glare at the guard. The gates swung open and the two pegasi trotted in to the city.

Rainbow ruffled Scootaloo's hair.
"Thanks back there kid. That jerk back there was annoying the hay outta me."
"Aww, it was nothin. I just wanted to stop delaying and get in here." Scootaloo surveyed the area they were walking through. It was the shop area of town. To be honest she was much more interested in seeing the Cloudsdale Stadium. As they walked down the street they noticed there was a small stall selling perfumes, blech! The pony manning the stall was a mare of average height with an ice blue mane, white body, light pink eyes and a cutie mark that looked like cherry blossoms. There was a box of money on the counter and a sign that Scootaloo couldn't read from this distance. Suddenly two stallions that were whispering in front of the stall split up. One of them ran towards the money box while laughing cruelly. The other grabbed a bottle of perfume and threw it at the mare.
"Take that earth-pony lover!" he shouted then they ran off into the side alley. Scootaloo gasped. She ran to catch up with Rainbow Dash who was shouting,
"Hey! Come back here you cowards!" Scootaloo slowed to a stop in front of the stall. The mare was softly crying as blood dropped from her hooves where she had tried to shield her face from the glass that shattered on impact. Scootaloo silently looked at the sign that read: 'Please try Ice Petal's beautiful perfume! Satisfaction guaranteed'
"Are you alright?" asked Rainbow Dash.
"Well if having your profit stolen and being hit in the hooves with a perfume bottle counts as fine than sure I am." said Ice Petal.
"Not like it's the first time this week either." She added sadly.
"Why did they call you an earth-pony lover?" asked Scootaloo. Ice Petal sighed.
"Well, I came here from Fillydelphia to buy some new perfume ingredients. Fillydelphia is mainly an earth pony city and pegasi here seem to think that wanting to live around earth ponies is weird." Scootaloo was confused.
"But I thought that when the different races live in harmony together it is a good thing? That's what make Ponyville really special!
"Yeah and since when did Cloudsdale pegasi become so jerky towards earth ponies?" added Rainbow Dash.
"Ponyville? The pegasi here will have a riot when they hear that. As for the civilians not liking earth ponies it's not just them they don't like, it's unicorns as well." Ice Petal said bitterly. She started to put a few bandages on her cuts.
"If you hate it here so much why don't you leave?" questioned Rainbow Dash.
"It's not that easy..." Ice trailed off and refused to say anymore. Rainbow Dash raised one eyebrow but the expression on Ice Petal's face told her not to press the matter any further.
"Well Scootaloo, we better hurry up and visit the cemetery so that we can get there before lunch." Scootaloo waved to Ice before following Rainbow Dash down a side street that had a sign pointing towards the Cloudsdale Cemetery.

'Why is this place so strange, I expected it to be different' thought Scootaloo doubtfully.

Author's Note:

Well, hope you liked that! Wonder what's happening to Cloudsdale? Mua ha ha! Please review it would be really appreciated so that I can get some sort of idea if I'm doing anything wrong. Btw here's a picture of Ice Petal...