• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 766 Views, 64 Comments

Storm in the Sky - Dashieluvzcandy



A conspiracy is unfolding in Cloudsdale! Can Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo figure out what is going on and stop this tide of darkness before it is too late?

  • ...
1
 64
 766

Chapter 2

"Thanks for the breakfast!" called Rainbow Dash over her shoulder to Pinkie Pie. Her and Scootaloo had finally gotten themselves cleaned up after the incident with Derpy. Rainbow had still been pretty ticked off about it though. It had meant that she had to wait even longer for her breakfast. 'Seriously who would hire Derpy of all ponies to work as a waiter? What's even up with that?" thought Rainbow Dash to herself. 'Then again Pinkie can be pretty random sometimes, it probably was her idea.'

"Right kid, you better hop on my back so we can start the flight to Cloudsdale." said Rainbow. Scootaloo was practically jumping up and down with excitement. Rainbow Dash snorted with amusement and a blush crept up the orange filly's face as she quickly jumped on Rainbow's back.
"Kay, I'm ready to go now." said Scootaloo sheepishly. The two sisters set off into the cloudy, gray sky. Rainbow decided to pace herself since it would take about an hour to reach the city in the clouds. She glanced doubtfully at the sky, 'it better not rain before we get to Cloudsdale,' Rainbow felt vibrations on her back which must be from Scootaloo shivering.
"Oops I forgot about those scarves Rarity gave us! Can you reach into my saddlebag and get them?" asked Rainbow Dash.
"Sure thing!" exclaimed Scootaloo as she rummaged through the brown saddlebag with a lighting bolt shaped buckle.
"You can grab whichever one you feel like." added Rainbow. Scootaloo grabbed the light green scarf and wrapped it around her neck with a sigh of relief. Then she went to pull out the dark blue one but accidentally pulled another object out with it. The object started to descend. As quick as a flash Rainbow Dash soared down and grabbed the object. This time it was her turn to blush as she looked at the object.
"A book?" questioned Scootaloo with disbelief.
"Not just any book." sighed the rainbow maned pegasus. It was a blue picture book titled 'The Wonderbolts'. Rainbow Dash opened the front page of the book and lovingly stroked the words: ' To Dashie, for her 4th birthday. From Mum and Dad.'
"This was my first book ever and was also when I first realized my dream of joining the Wonderbolts."


A small cyan filly jumped up and down excitedly. The cozy lounge was full of many rainbow-colored balloons strung all around the room. A huge banner was strung across the fireplace with the following words written on it: 'Happy Birthday Dashie!' Wrapping paper was strewn recklessly around the floor and two amused parents stood surveying the scene.

" But Moooommmmm! I want more cake!" complained Dashie. She was already super hypo active and running crazily around the room on a sugar high.
"You've already had enough candy, besides it's time for little fillies to go to bed now." said Firefly.
"But I don't wanna go to bed!" whined Rainbow Dash. "It's way too early!" She tried to do her cutest pout face.
"Well, you've had a big day, turning four is a big deal!" said Firefly with a motherly smile. Rainbow's dad, Obsidian Embers, decided to intervene.
"Hmm." Obsidian pretended to think hard.
"Well how about a race? Bet you can't get to your room before me!" Rainbow's magenta eyes sparkled with joy. Even at a young age the thrill of a competition still excited her.
"You're so on! I'm gonna kick your flank!' exclaimed Rainbow Dash as she pawed at the ground. Firefly raised one eyebrow.
"Look out hun, I think we've got a wild one here." Rainbow giggled.
"Three, two, one, go!" Shouted Obsidian. Rainbow flew as fast as her small filly wings could take her.She had been an extremely early learner when it came to flying. Lots of pegasi would stop her parents on the street to say what a good little flier you've got there. Obsidian was still streaking ahead but struggled to fly fast through the narrow hallway. Rainbow Dash managed to catch up and squeeze past her father.With a final spurt of energy she reached her room and flopped onto her bed.
"In your face Dad! I am the winner!" Rainbow did a small victory dance on her cloud bed before collapsing into a fit of giggles.

Her dad tucked her into the covers and gently folded her wings down. Rainbow Dash noticed her mother standing in the doorway. She was holding a small parcel with one hoof, behind her back.
"You thought that you'd got all your presents but there's still one more." said Firefly. Rainbow squealed with delight.
"What is it? What is it? Give it here Mom!"
"What's the magic word?"
"Pleeeaaassseee!" pleaded the rainbow maned filly. Firefly smiled and handed her the present. Rainbow Dash tore the wrapping paper off, ripping it to shreds. It was a book with a cartoon picture of a Wonderbolt on the front.
"A book! What does it say?" Obsidian nodded at Firefly, gesturing at her to read it.
"This says The Wonderbolts." Firefly pointed at the bright yellow lettering.
"Who are they?" asked Rainbow excitedly.
"Well I'll read it to you so you can find out." Said Firefly. Obsidian turned on Rainbow's nightlight before turning off the main light. He gave her a small peck on the cheek.
"Ewwww! Dad!" Rainbow Dash squirmed. Obsidian smiled and went back to the lounge to read the Cloudsdale Weekly Newspaper. Rainbow stared intently at the pictures as her mother read the story.
"The Wonderbolts are the fastest fliers in all of Equestria! They can do lots of awesome tricks..."
Once the story was finished Firefly was about to creep out before she heard a small sleepy voice.
"Mom, I wanna be a Wonderbolt."


Rainbow Dash sighed with contentment as she recalled these memories. For the rest of the flight she thought about all the awesome memories she had with her parents. It felt like years later when the sparkling white city of Cloudsdale came into view. Scootaloo breathed in awe.
"Welcome to the city filled with the greatest fliers in all of Equestria. Cloudsdale."

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 2! Thanks to anyone who favourited my story. I know the chapters aren't very long but I'm still learning and you won't believe how long it takes me to try and write a decent chapter.
Thanks
Dashieluvzcandy