• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 766 Views, 64 Comments

Storm in the Sky - Dashieluvzcandy



A conspiracy is unfolding in Cloudsdale! Can Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo figure out what is going on and stop this tide of darkness before it is too late?

  • ...
1
 64
 766

Chapter 1

Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash! Wake up!"

Two magenta eyes slowly inched open, threatening to fall back asleep. The cyan pegasus mumbled. "Just five more minutes." Suddenly a huge thump came from the window and Rainbow Dash jumped out of bed in fright. "What in Equestria was that!" she exclaimed. Her hooves stumbled down the springy steps of her cloud home. With eyes bleary from sleep Rainbow Dash kicked open her front door in frustration. The greatest flier in Equestria was definitely not a morning person! The cold breeze from outside hit the rainbow maned pegasus right in the face as she looked down to see an orange filly standing below her house.

"For Celestias sake Scoots! What are you doing here at this time it's only 9:00 in the morning! Geez! Not to mention today's my day off from weather patrol!" growled Rainbow Dash grumpily.
"Heh. Sorry Rainbow Dash but don't you remember, you're taking me to Cloudsdale with you for..." Scootaloo paused and bit her lip "the anniversary."

The anger instantly seeped from Rainbow Dash's body. How could she have forgotten! Today was the anniversary of her parent's untimely deaths. She scolded herself silently. Her and Scootaloo were going to the Cloudsdale Cemetery like she did at this time every year. Normally Fluttershy would accompany Rainbow Dash but she had to stay home with Angel because the spoiled bunny was quite sick. Anyways Rainbow Dash knew how much her honorary sister loved Cloudsdale. It would also be comforting to have someone who could share the pain of losing both parents.

Rainbow Dash slowly shook herself out of her thoughts. " Oops! Sorry Scoots! I'll be down in like ten seconds flat!"
"Ok, I'll just be waiting down here!" said Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash flew indoors and grabbed her saddlebag that was sitting on the sofa, underneath a picture of her at the Young Fliers Competition. She was down on the ground next to Scoots in precisely ten seconds flat. The two pegasi trotted off towards Sugarcube Corner to get some breakfast. It was a cloudy, overcast day to match Rainbow's emotions. The dreadful day was still crystal clear in her brain but she brushed it off to the side and concentrated on trying to make sure that Scootaloo had an awesome time.
"You excited kid?" asked Rainbow.
"You bet I am! You are so awesome! We can see the Weather Factory, watch a Wonderbolts performance, eat hayburgers and much more!" rambled the excited filly. Then her voice dropped to a more subdued tone. "I'm so sorry about your parents Rainbow Dash." Those few word held so much power and raw emotions.
"Don't worry about it Scoots! I'm the luckiest pony in Equestria to have an awesome sister like you!"
"Thanks! Who knows I might get a comforting a sister cutie mark!"
Rainbow Dash chuckled to herself. Some ponies never learn! Rainbow flexed her wings with a natural desire to fly.
"Hey kid would you like to hop on my back and I'll see how fast I can get us to Sugarcube Corner?" Her stomach rumbled loudly and Rainbow smiled sheepishly.
"Sure lets get outta here!" exclaimed Scootaloo. As soon as the cyan pegasus felt the light weight drop onto her back she asked,
"Are you ready?"
"Yes!"
"Hold on tight!" With those last word Rainbow Dash surged forwards until she was just a streaking rainbow blur. The wind in her mane filled her with renewed energy.

Within minutes the pair had arrived at Sugarcube Corner. The delicious smell of pancakes, croissants, waffles and many other delectable breakfast foods wafted out of the building. Twilight, Applejack and Rarity were already seated at a table waiting for their order by the time the pegasi trotted in. Pinkie Pie was busy manning the counter and waved enthusiastically at them. "Ohmygoshhirainbowdashandscootalooareyouhereforbreakfastyoushouldgetthewafflestheyarereallyyummy!" she exclaimed in one breath. Rainbow Dash facehoofed.
"Hey Pinkie you should I don't know maybestoptalkingwithoutbreathingoncelikethis." Rainbow exhaled loudly, that was definitely harder than it looked. She went and ordered two plates of waffles and made sure to tell Pinkie to DRENCH her's in maple syrup.

Rainbow Dash sat down next to Twilight while Scootaloo went to the table that was two places over to chat with her fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders about the awesome trip that was happening today.
"Hi Rainbow Dash hopefully Scootaloo won't be too much of a hoof full, you know how excitable fillies can be." greeted Twilight.
"Don't worry I can handle it."
"A'hm really sorry about ya know, what happened to your folks." Said Applejack with a solemn face. Rainbow Dash sighed. Pity was something she had never really been good at accepting. But she still appreciated the fact that her friends were making an effort. Rarity pulled out two scarfs. One was a dark blue polka-dot scarf and the other was a light green.
"Here dahling, I just designed something small for you and Scootaloo to wear on the way to Cloudsdale. It is quite dreadful weather wouldn't you agree?"
"Awww gee thanks Rarity. Yeah the weather is pretty sucky." said Rainbow gratefully. To be honest she sometimes had a weak spot when it came to the cold. Though Rainbow Dash would never admit it to anyone. She still had an awesome reputation to uphold.

Scootaloo trotted over to the table with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.
"When will the food arrive I'm starving!" complained Scootaloo. A couple of seconds after she said that a gray pegasus came out of the kitchen with a teetering tray of assorted breakfast foods. The seven ponies all facehoofed simultaneously.
"Not Derpy!" They all exclaimed. Twilight used her magic to straighten the precarious pile of food, Everypony sighed in relief, until Derpy's hooves slid out from underneath her and all the food went flying in their direction.
"Sweet Celestia!" shouted Rainbow Dash as the 4 friends plus the CMC got covered from head to hoof in food. Derpy looked up with maple syrup dripping through her mane and coffee dripping from her tail.
"I just don't know what went wrong!" she said.

Author's Note:

Hi there! This is my first story and I'm only 13 so please bear with me. I know my grammar probably sucks. That spot in the text with heaps of spaces is random. I don't know how to get rid of them because when I edit the story it doesn't show them. Anyways hope you enjoyed the story! I might not update regularly because of stuff like homework(ugh) and school. Can't wait to meet some more amazing MLP fans!

Dashieluvzcandy