• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 564 Views, 2 Comments

Portal to Canterlot - RikaChan



A human gets sent to Equestria and has no idea what is going on.

  • ...
13
 2
 564

The train

The train was a normal train, nothing fancy, but when we got to our cart, it was the exact opposite. Apparently royalty got a special car, which guests - also known as us - also got to sit in. Carrot Top sat next to me, Luna in front of me, and Celestia next to Luna. It was ok...the only thing was it looked different. Or at least that’s what I thought. But not quite. When the food came - which I didn’t expect it to since we just ate - it was like heaven. There was amazing...even better than the royal chef, which what had to believe.. It was so hard to choose from, we got one plate of everything. I was getting really spoiled in pony land. I was going to miss this place when I left...and I would have to get used to normal life once again. I laughed at the thought.

“What’s so funny?” asked Carrot Top, trying to start a conversation with me.

“Nothing,” I mumbled. I didn’t want to talk to Carrot Top...because if I did I was pretty sure I'd forget that I was supposed to be upset with her.

“Well sorry for being curious,” said Carrot Top, pretending to be interested in her surroundings, but it was obvious that she was faking it.

"It's not okay," I said, resisting the urge to snicker.

“Please, let’s calm down. It’s vacation!” Celestia interrupted.

“Yes your majesty,” Carrot Top and I said in unison. Celestia sighed. It was obvious that Carrot Top and I were not calm.

“Try some of this!” Said Luna, trying to cheer me up. She handed me a croissant which was covered in chocolate as I licked my lips. I was so happy I had taken the wrong bus.

“Thanks Lulu,” I said, noticing her trying to make an effort to make me happy.

“So you all have nicknames?” Asked Carrot Top.

“Yup!” Luna answered for me. “I'm Lulu, Celestia is Tia, and Kotori is Birdy!”

“Cool!” Said Carrot Top, obviously happy that someone was talking to her, and desperately trying to keep the conversation going, as she never said 'cool'. “You made up a nickname for me too, remember Kotori?”

She tried to start a conversation with me, but I just ignored her as if she wasn't there.

“Really?” Asked Celestia, trying to keep her talking.

“Yes!” She said.

“What was it?”

“Carrots!”

Every pony laughed, every pony except for me. I was upset at Carrot Top, and I was going to stay that way.

“Oh come on, cheer up.” Whispered Luna from across the table. I sighed.

“She’s having sooo much fun isn’t she.”

“What’s wrong with having fun?”

“It’s just that...I thought she would apologise…”

“Oh come on Kotori, you have to get over that.”

I could tell that she was starting to get annoyed with my sulking, but it didn’t seem fair. She got upset at me for no reason, and now I’m the one who is upset, and everyone seemed to be on her side! What did I ever do wrong? I thought. Why is everyone on her side? Shouldn’t it be ‘Poor Kotori, Carrot Top was being mean to her’ not ‘get over it Kotori’ or ‘Poor Carrot Top wasn’t being treated nicely by Kotori’? It was her fault in the first place. She offered me a place to stay for a week, and then I got kicked out in less than 2 days! I sighed, but put a fake smile on my face. I looked at Celestia who seemed to be tired, for Carrot Top was talking on and on and on forever. I thought about school for the first time since stepping foot in Equestria. I wonder what everyone else is normally doing… How nice it must be to be a princess. I suddenly thought. Everyone does what you want them to do for you, and you can do whatever you want! I wish I were a princess…

“-and that’s about all of my life!” finished Carrot Top. Celestia smiled, happy that she could have a break from all that listening, and I realised how lucky I was to have people - I mean ponies - like her and Luna who would listen and put up with all my complaining, and still be my friends. I wished that I had had people like that it school…

“That was very nice and...detailed,” said Celestia, bringing me back from my thoughts. “Wasn’t it Lulu?”

But Luna was snoring next to her, having fallen asleep. Celestia sighed. “She didn’t get much sleep last night, I’m sorry.”

I laughed at the memory. We had all gotten up really early...but I hoped that Luna still wanted to party all night. I was really looking forward to that.

“Next stop is the Crystal Empire!” we heard the train conductor speak into the microphone. I hadn’t realized that we had already stopped.

“We’re stopping here,” said Celestia.

“Wow,” I said. “We should get eating!” I laughed.

“Yes we should!” laughed Celestia.

Carrot Top was left staring at us, wondering what would happen if she started laughing, but she didn’t risk it. We ate in silence for a few seconds, until I decided to lighten up the table.

“So,” I started. “The Crystal Empire is our destination, huh? Sounds fancy.”

“Well it is fancy, a princess is taking you on vacation!” exclaimed Carrot Top.

“Speaking about princesses…” started Luna who had apparently woke up, startling all of us. “I've been thinking about this recently, but the name Kotori sounds really familiar.”

“Yes, it does.” said Celestia.

“What is your full name?” asked Luna.

“Kotori.” I answered. "That's my name."

"Kotori," Celestia started, becoming serious, "tell me your real name." I looked down and sighed.

"Scarlet. Scarlet Sonata Sketch."

That’s when both Luna and Celestia became stiff, and I knew I shouldn't have told them my name.

“Are you two okay?” asked Carrot Top, having also noticed.

“Um...y-yes…” stammered Celestia.

“No,” Luna answered truthfully. “No, not at all okay.” She looked shocked. “I can’t believe I didn’t realise before…”

“Look, I'm sorry, okay?"

"Why did you lie to us?"

"Look, I didn't want to tell you!"

Carrot Top stared at us all, confused. "Will somepony please tell me what's going on?" I sighed.

"I will," I said. "I'll tell you all what really happened."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment