• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 564 Views, 2 Comments

Portal to Canterlot - RikaChan



A human gets sent to Equestria and has no idea what is going on.

  • ...
13
 2
 564

Carrot Top

“W-what's going on?!?!” I said, panicking. This wasn't normal! A yellow horse with orange hair looked at me, frowning.

“What do you mean?” she said, looking me up and down. Then her eyes widened. She was staring at my butt. “W-what?” I asked, realising what she was staring at.

“You've never been on this bus before have you…” she said.

“No-how did you know?!” I said, panicking too much to be amazed.

“You're panicking, and you have no cutie mark.”

“What's a-” I was going to as what a ‘cutie mark’ was but she cut me off.

“Well...this bus only comes every month, so you will have to stay here for a while.”she said.

“W-what?!?” I felt my eyes starting to water. “Th-this can't be happening!!!” I screamed, my tears flowing like a waterfall.

“Everypony get off the bus!” said the bus driver. The yellow horse got up from her seat, came over to me, and patted my shoulder.

“It's going to be okay,” she said. “You can stay at my house for a week!” I stopped crying, and tried to look up to her, but my eyes were blurry with tears. She smiled at me. “Now, lets get off the bus.” she walked off and I followed her. I fell on my hands.

“Ow…” I said, but then I realised that it hadn't actually hurt.

“Oh…” the yellow horse walked back towards me. “You're a pony now too…” she winced as she told me.

“W-what?!” I stared at my hands. Or well...my hooves now...they were pure white.

“Just follow my lead,” said the yellow horse. “Oh yes, you haven't introduced yourself yet.” She looked at me expectantly.

“O-oh!” I staggered. “M-my name is Kotori!”

“That's a nice name,” said the yellow horse. “My name is Carrot Top.”

“Oh, that explains why you have these carrots on your...uh…”

“Flank,” said Carrot Top.

“Exactly! I guess horses have their own language…”

“Call us ponies. The princess doesn't like being called a horse.”

“Oh s-sorry!” I stuttered.

“Don't worry about it it's just a word of advice.”

“Thanks…”

“Everypony off the bus!” the bus driver irritatedly repeated.

“We should get going too,” said Carrot Top.

“C-coming!” I said and we cantered off the bus. When I got off the bus, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like Disneyland, just everyone was a pony. I was going to say something, but it was stuck in my throat.

"Now, I think I should introduce you to the princess. Follow me."

"Wow..." I said in awe. We had reached the castle, and by this point I had completely forgotten about the fact that this was in a totally different world and that I should have been panicking.

"If you find this amazing, wait until you get inside." said Carrot Top. We walked up the the door, where we met a pair of guards.

"Hello sires, I would like to speak to Princess Celestia." she said, in such a polite voice, that it didn't sound like her at all. One of them grunted as they opened the doors with their magic.

"Wow!" I said. "Unicorns can do that?"

"Yup!" said Carrot Top. "If you're interested in magic, I bet Twilight would be pleased to help you with that."

"What do you mean help me? I'm not a-" that's when I realised I was a unicorn. Well, I thought.

I guess being a talking horse isn't the worst thing in the world.

Author's Note:

This might be one of my longest dialogue chapters, sorry about that.