• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 1,989 Views, 54 Comments

Applejack Country Returns - Shazam 25



10,000 of years ago, Mystics creatures stole apples from all of Equestria and the Princesses and two Apple ponies stop them. Now they have return and it up to two more Apples to stop them.

  • ...
2
 54
 1,989

Sharpbeak Ruins

Applejack jump from the beach and slam her hooves on the ground before once more standing on her back hooves and waving her front.

"HEYAW!!!" She shouted with Apple Bloom joining her.

They both stop and look at each other. They shrug and turn to the temple ruins that was in front of them. They could see vines cover it and statues of Griffins at the front entrance. Near them was the Apple Family switch. Applejack jump on it and slam the switch in with her hooves. The Griffin statues turn until the face each other and the hidden door open. Applejack ran through not wanting to waste time. She didn't get far before found a button.

"What a button doing here?" Apple Bloom ask.

"Not sure, But I don't see any other way cross the gasp so I'm going to have to push it." Applejack said and started to walk up to it.

"Wait! What if it a trap? You know like the Daring Do books dat Rainbow loves to read?" Apple Bloom ask.

"I can see your point but, relax Apple Bloom. I got a good feeling that this ruins traps must be just what the temple is, ruin." Applejack said and then slam the button down.

Soon three Griffins statues turn around and each one was holding a Arrow Barrel Cannon. Applejack turn to Apple Bloom with the look that said, 'I told ya so.' which she response with rolling her eyes. The use the cannons to go higher and soon saw three Wendigos. Applejack use her rolling attack to take care of them and came to another button. She slam that one in too and a wall open up.

Applejack ran thought more of the temple and found more Wendigos that she easily took care of. She reach another Button and slam on it to reveal another Arrow Barrel. She hop in and they were fire through a few of them before coming to solid ground. Here Applejack saw a button above them but, had no clue on how to get up there.

Apple Bloom was quick to spot a few Wendigos head their way. She jump off Applejack back and did a cartwheel into them. Applejack, who felt Apple Bloom get off her, saw what she did and was surprise.

"Apple Bloom, how did you do that?" She ask.

"I don't know, I just did." She answer before part of the wall rotate around showing a Arrow Cannon Barrel.

Apple Bloom got back on Applejack back and Applejack jump in the barrel. She shot them to the button and hit it. Before falling back down, the wall rotate again and replace with a Exploding Barrel that shot them up high and into another Exploding barrel that shot them across the temple and land on the ground.

"Wow! I think we just went through half of the temple thanks to those Barrels." Apple Bloom said.

"I guess Apple Bud was trying to figure out a way for us to get through quicker. He must have been through here before." Applejack said and turn to see another button.

She slam on it and the wall in front of them open and then could see the beach.

"Wait, Didn't we just come from the beach?" Apple Bloom ask.

"We must be some where else...wait, are those ships?" Applejack stated to say before spotting some down on the beach.

"Um, Applejack? I think those ships are getting ready for an attack." Apple Bloom said seeing the flag on the ships.

Applejack look too and knew that those were the Wendigos ships.

"But why would prepare an attack out at sea?", Apple Bloom ask, "None of the places we been to, beside Horseshoe Bay, has water around them."

"I'm not sure but something tell me we got to get down there and stop them! Hold on Apple Bloom!" Applejack before giving her sister a warn that she was going to jump.

"Applejack, you going to do what I think you going to dooooooooooooooooooo!" Apple Bloom started to say but was cut off when Applejack jump off the side of the cliff they were on.

Applejack was quick to place her hooves down on the cliff side and started to slide down the rest of the way. She started to get closer to the trees before she spotted some broken cliffs. She knew it was risky but it look quicker the running through the trees below. She jump off the side of the cliff and land on the broken cliff. Apple Bloom was holding on to her really tight and was shanking really badly. Applejack was about to comfit her when she heard something cracking. She look down and saw that the cliff was started to crack un her weight and started running so they won't fall.

Applejack run as the cliffs broke behind her. She use the Skull and Cross Bone Barrel Cannons to get to the next cliff before she landed on the beach. She sigh and turn to her sister you was stating to turn white like a ghost.

"Apple Bloom, it ok. We made it." She said pulling her off her back and setting her down.

Apple Bloom stood still for a few seconds before she blink and slowly look around. She saw that they were at the beach near the ships they just saw. She turn back to see the temple they just went through, now look far away and then turn to Applejack who was worry that her was hurt.

"DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN, APPLEJACK!!!" She yell, "YOU SCARE THE HOSREAPPLES OUT OF ME WHEN YOU PULL THAT STUN!"

"APPLE BLOOM!", Applejack yell back stopping her sister, "Don't you dare yell at me. Plus we are unharmed. We even made it to the beach."

Apple Bloom took a few breaths to clam herself and got back on Applejack back.

"Sorry sis, but you really scare me." She said.

"I'm sorry too sugarcube. I guess I must have pick it up from Rainbow Dash." Applejack said back.

They ran through the beach looking for a way to get on the ships so they stop them. They ran into some crabs that try to stop them but Applejack use her roll to deal with them. Soon one of the ships notices them and started to fire. Applejack dodge left and right as the cannonballs hit the sand around them. Applejack soon made it to arrow cannon and jump in. They were fire at the ship and soon were inside.

Applejack look around and saw that the ships had cannons and carts of apples. She ran through, knocking open gates that block their way and taking out Wendigos that try to stop them. (Key word there, try.) The made it to the deck and Applejack ran along it before reaching another Arrow Cannon. She jump in and they were fire at another ship. They land on the captain of the ship and knock him out on doing so.

"Sorry, we didn't see you there." Apple Bloom said to the crab that lay on the ground.

Applejack ran on the deck as another ship appear and fire at them again.

"Applejack, I think they're trying to sink this ship to sink us." Apple Bloom said to her.

"I think ya right. Hang on Apple Bloom." Applejack agree and started to run across the deck.

Applejack dodge the cannonballs and soon started to climb up on the masts until she found a third Arrow Cannon barrel. She hop in and the mast started to break. Applejack look out and waited until she was aiming at the ship. Once they were, they shot out and land on top of the ship so hard that it spit right down the middle. Another barrel appear and Applejack jump in and was fire to another temple.

Applejack landed on the solid ground and saw they were near another temple.

"Wow, talk about sight seeing." Apple Bloom stated because they just went through a temple not that long ago.

"You got that right." Applejack agree.

They walk open to see something that didn't look like a Griffin but some kind of round creature. They didn't see the eye open and something look at them. It close and the mouth open to let them in.

"That was weird." Apple Bloom said.

Applejack nods and they walk in. For a while the place was empty, but Applejack couldn't shake off the feeling that they were being watch. She soon discover that she was right when small, blue round, furry creatures with sharp teeth suddenly appear from the temple. She ran into more of the blue ones and even big red ones that took either a roll or two jumps to defeat. Applejack and Apple Bloom ran trough, jumping over pits and hitting the furry creatures that try to attack them. Once they reach a room they thought was safe, they sat down to catch their breath, even though Applejack did all the running, Apple Bloom was scare.

"What is it with temples and their traps?!" Apple Bloom ask before the wall slam shut, stopping them from exiting.

"You just had to ask." Applejack said annoy, as she stood up and Apple Bloom jump on her back.

Soon the walls flip and more blue furry creatures appear. Applejack was quick to defeat them by jumping or rolling at them. Once the room was clear, an arrow barrel appear from behind the wall and they jump in. Instead of shooting up like the cannon was pointing, it move down and shot them lower.

"Oh, come on!!!" Applejack groan, she was started to get tried of temples.

Soon the walls flip again and more furry creatures appear but this time the red ones. Applejack lead them to a corner and jump on all of them, sometimes giving herself extra height to dodge the ones that try to reach her. Once they were gone, another Arrow Cannon barrel appear and they jump in. This time it shot them straight up. The broke through the ceiling and saw that they were outside the temple.

"Are we done with temples now?" Apple Bloom ask.

"Ah think we are." Applejack said and walk forward.

"Or not." Applejack groan as she saw another temple ahead them.

"You know, I like crusading, but this is a little too much." Apple Bloom said also tried of temples.

"Well, we better go see what in there." Applejack said and walk in.

They didn't get far when they saw a giant gong with two griffin statues with sticks ready to hit the gong and laying right next was Pinkie Pie!

"Pinkie!" Applejack call out to the pink earth pony.

Pinkie sat up and said, "Hi Applejack, hi Apple Bloom."

"Hi Pinkie." Apple Bloom said looking around.

"Pinkie you ok?" Applejack ask.

"Of course I'm ok. I mean why wouldn't I be ok?" Pinkie said.

"Any sign of them, Apple Bloom?" Applejack ask turning away from Pinkie.

"Not yet, but if after two times of saving our friends, I got a feeling they're close by." Apple Bloom answer.

"Who?" Pinkie ask confuse.

She was soon answer when a Wendigo holding a gong floated down and look at them. Applejack and Apple Bloom ready themselves to fight as Pinkie look in confuse of what she was seeing.

"Um, Applejack, Apple Bloom? What that?" Pinkie ask.

Before they could answer the two griffin statues hit the giant gong and Applejack and Apple Bloom cover their ears as Pinkie went into the air and shook with the sound as she cover her ears. Then the floor below them broke apart and they drop down. Apple Bloom act by grabbing Applejack and using her backpack to make the rocket barrels that she had appear and made them land safely on the ground. Pinkie, on the other hand, fell into a gold pot that shook when she land in it.

Then the Wendigo with the gong float down and it started to place it music. Applejack and Apple Bloom face the pot that Pinkie fell in and waited for her to pop out after the Wendigo went in. Pinkie come up as the pot started to fly. Pinkie fur coat was now darker and her mane was not flat. The swirl appear in her eyes for a second before it fade.

"Let's party!" Wendigo Pinkie said as the Wendigo around them started to cheer.

"Eyep! Guess that means we got to fight our friends to save them." Applejack said looking at her possess friend.

"But how are we going to attack her? She too high." Apple Bloom ask.

Her question was answer when Wendigo Pinkie pull out a bomb and threw it at them. It miss them, but stood still for a few seconds before it exploded. Applejack turn back to Wendigo Pinkie and began to think.

"Hey Pinkie! can you throw another one of those bombs?" Applejack ask her.

"Okie Dokie Loike!' Wendigo Pinkie said and threw one.

"What? Applejack, what are you doing?" Apple Bloom ask.

"Trust me." Applejack said as the bomb land in front of them.

Applejack pick it up and move to higher ground and threw the bomb back at the pot that exploded when hit. Pinkie shook with it and laugh. Applejack smile, if she can destroy the pot then recusing Pinkie won't be a problem. Pinkie threw another bomb and Applejack grab and threw back at the pot. Cracks started to appear on and Pinkie once again just laugh. She then move the pot to the middle and drop a huge missile on the ground. Acting fast, Applejack jump on higher ground and the missile destroy one level of the floor but miss the apples completely.

"That was close." Apple Bloom sigh as Applejack nods in agreement.

Wendigo Pinkie started having the pot dive at them, shouting, "WHEEEEEEE!" each time. She then pull out a bunch of bombs and the land everywhere on the ground. Some were going to blow every quickly and some were take their time. Applejack grab the closest bomb that wasn't going to blow and threw it at the pot again. Wendigo Pinkie repeat her earlier actions and Applejack dodge them without a problem. She grab a bomb and threw it at the pot.

Wendigo Pinkie finally look at the pot and saw huge cracks all over it. It started to grow bigger and bigger until the whole thing was cover.

"Uh oh." Wendigo Pinkie said and the pot broke apart.

Wendigo Pinkie try to flap her hooves to fly, but stop after realizing that it was useless. First Wendigo Pinkie bottom half fell down and she look at the readers before the rest of her follow. Wendigo Pinkie boucle a little before hitting her head and lay still. Soon the Wendigo with the gong appear and had a daze look on his face.

"Apple Bloom?" Applejack ask.

"Sure thing." Apple Bloom said and jump off and run over to Pinkie.

Applejack run and jump in the air pull her front hoof back. She then beat-down the Wendigo before punching it away. Applejack landed and turn to see that Pinkie was already awake and look at her in shock. Pinkie was back to normal and her mouth actually touch the ground.

"Don't question it Pinkie, the others were just as surprise as you." Applejack told her.

"Ok." Pinkie smile back to her old self in no time.

The two apples roll their eyes and step outside of the Temple and saw no more.

"Finally, we are done with the temples." Apple Bloom cheer.

"Yeah, but we still got to save our friends." Applejack said.

"Oh, oh!", Pinkie quickly pipe up, "Maybe you should check out the caves over there for your next level."

Applejack and Apple Bloom look confuse before seeing a cave close by.

"Pinkie can you stay here and wait for the Princesses and our friends? We going to heck it out." Applejack told the party pony.

"Yes sire pie!" Pinkie said and rise her hoof to her head.

Applejack roll her eyes as Apple Bloom jump on. They turn and run into the caves.

"Have fun with your level! And let party when you get back!" Pinkie call out as she waited.

Author's Note:

That this world and guess what...I got Donkey Kong Country Returns! Now I can have a better time picking the levels and music's without have to use YouTube to pick. As you can read, Pinkie is the boss of this level and up next is the caves which I'm calling the Diamond Caves. Yes the Diamond Dogs on going to be in it. And you can guess who going to be the boss in that one as well. I had trouble remembering the Itty Bitty Biters level so I just had them rush through it. Button Bash was the first level though I change how they beat the level from the game. Mast Blast had a pretty good music so I added it in. I didn't what them to go thought just temples. I also move away from this story because I got stuck on Itty Bitty Biters before I brought the game, but this chapter is done now.

Comments ( 20 )

If memory serves after the caves comes the jungle.

4204127 You mean forest. The jungle was the first level in DKC returns.

4204224 Oh, right. The comes I believe the mountains, then the factory, and finally the volcano, and the unlockable extra levels.

4204582 Right, That the plan for them. Forest which is the Everfree Forest, only this time they go in the trees, Cliff, as the game calls it, is going to be that place where Rainbow race through in 'May the Best pet win', Factory is going to be Cloudsdale, don't worry I got a plan for that one and Volcano is the only level left that will have a make up name. It going to take some time but hopeful I can get them done.

I think you need to get an editor and add more description and details. The gramme rand lack of description is the only thing I find wrong, though, the story itself is great!

4204824 Thanks for liking my story and you got no idea how many times I hear that, 'Get a editor' sorry for the lack description and details, but I can't keep up with my brain sometimes.

4204866 I can get that. Your brain runs so far ahead of your fingers that you actually have to stop and try to remember what you were writing, which causes you to loose even more. That's pretty much the main problems, grammar and lack of description.

4204884 I try my best no matter how bad I am, I do go over my chapters sometimes and fix anything I miss, but for now I going to rest.

4204905 k. there's nothing wrong with the story itself, just the grammar and description.

4204958 I understand, thanks.

Good to hear that you got the game. I hope you enjoy playing it.

4209491 I did, beat it with in a few days but still got lot to get.

This is getting pretty interesting. I'm guessing the next boss is gonna be Rarity then? These Wendigoes are pretty stupid to mess with AJ & AB'S friends. They're gonna regret that at the end.

4437779 Heh, yep Rarity is next and that chapter is taking longer then I thought.

4437779 I doubt that, considering Rarity isn't a fan of getting her fur coat dirty. The next boss will probably be Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy

I haven't played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet, but I am enjoying this crossover story starring Applejack and Apple Bloom. I really hope you are able to finish it.

Also for the Mole Train boss, I figured it'd be Rarity ordering a bunch of Diamond Dogs around when she's possessed by the Wendigo.
For the Mangoruby boss, it should be Rainbow Dash.
For the Thugly boss, it should be Trixie.
For the Colonel Cluck boss, it should be Fluttershy.

Keep going... I LOVE IT!!!:rainbowdetermined2:

Login or register to comment