• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 5,827 Views, 48 Comments

The Moon and Magic - Guardian of Eros



I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, you may have heard my story. It was false. Sit down, my little ponies, it's a long story.

  • ...
22
 48
 5,827

Chapter One

Author's Note:

I finally updated! Party time!

YAY! I'LL GO GET THE PARTY CANNON!

Everypony run for your lives!

I looked over to Cadence and Auntie Tia and mouthed the words "Help, can't breath."

Cadence supposedly understood what I tried to say and laughed, "Auntie Lulu, if you wish to still have a daughter I would recommend, oh I don't know how about, LETTING HER BREATHE!?" By now I'm sure my face was blue.

"Sorry, Twilie." Mother said sheepishly.

"Mom, it's fine." I said regaining my breath. She cocked her head at me. "What?"

"Y-you called me mom..." She stammered.

"Of course I did, why shouldn't I? I don't believe you'd lie to me about something as serious as this." I frowned.

"Alright, girls, if you wish to stay at the Canterlot Castle- which I know for a fact one of you will jump to the offer." Auntie started, looking at Pinkie Pie. "Though, not literally, you can follow Twilight and Luna, I believe they will need to retire to their chambers, considering they almost have night court, your rooms will be setup once you enter them, just look for your cutie mark and you'll be fine." Auntie Tia finished as we stood up and were walking away.

I took a little glance behind us, one, two, three, four, five and Fluttershy asking Tia if she could bring her animal friends here she nodded and smiled then she started trotting happily behind us.

My pupils shrank and Mother, seeing this, she asked me "What's bothering you my little star?"

I bit my lip and replied "I totally forgot Spike was tending to the library. Do you think we can send an escort to pick him up?"

"But of course, I will have one of our night guards send for him," she shook her head "How do you think he'll take the news?"

"Well, I hope."

"Why shouldn't Spikey-Wikey take the news well, darling? He's like a son to you, of course he'll take the news well." Rarity said apparently hearing our conversation. I regained my confidence.

"Thank you, Rarity, I needed that."

A large scream could be heard around the hall, possibly Shining. "WHAT!?" Yup definitely Shining. Noticing the girls were gone and we had reached my chambers we entered and we sat down on a big Alicorn sized bed and we had caught up with each other's lives as we were friends for many years. Which, I suppose we will be.

She sighed "As much as I'd like to continue this and we have court in about half an hour and tomorrow's your and Cadence's coronation as goddess as sun and moon, so we need to work on your speech and how things will go down. Alrighty, Cadence will levitate you, and you will levitate Cadence, me and your aunt will say our speech to pass on our powers. Your hair will become like mine only with your preferred style, as well as Cadence.

"Now it's my regalia that controls the moon not my powers. The regalia will morph to fit you, and unless you pass the crown down, it will be impossible to take off. After that, you will fall into a routine, sleep at day, up by night. Move moon, hold court, all will fall into a routine, you will have extra time if you finish your paperwork quickly, which Celestia and I had to finish after writing your letter. Every year, the Grand Galloping Gala, Summer Sun Celebration, Winter Moon Festival, so on and so forth. Any questions?" She finished.

"Uh, what about Spike's escort?" I deadpanned. She face hoofed and went to the door to tell the lunar guards to get a escort for Spike. I looked at the clock and saw we had but five minutes. I walked over to my desk and took my quill from the inkwell and started writing to Spike.

Dear Spike,

Don't worry about me and the girls, Luna sent an escort for you. Until then me and my mom (Luna), will be at night court. All will be explained when you will arrive.

Yours Dearly,
Future Goddess of the Night,
Twilight Sparkle

I turned to see my mom at the door and enchanted my fire that way I could just throw it in and ...poof... it's gone. I did just that and mother teleported us to court. Adjusting my regalia which mom forced me to wear until I inherit her regalia. I sighed and I declared court open. Oh by the sun and moon help us!


----
One last pony, and it's over.

"Announcing, Prince Blueblood!" The scribe announced. I winced.

"Auntie! What are you doing with that peasant up there!?" He pointed at me.

"Blueblood, you shall not speak of my daughter that way! Leave before I make you!" Mother growled, I could vaguely see Nightmare Moon forming in her once more I decided not to say anything about it.

"Auntie, you are under her spell! Snap out of it!" He exclaimed. By now her coat was turning black and her once calm mane turned wild and her regalia turned into armor.

"Blueblood your last warning! LEAVE!" She snarled.

"Mother--" I started

"No, Twilight, I will not calm down, if he likes to insult you then he likes to insult me." She said a bit more calmly. My snooty cousin found that this wasn't longer a spell but real and was curled up in a ball in the middle of the floor and he slowly crawled to the door. Mother slowly reverted back to her old self.

"This was an interesting night, was it not?" Mother laughed.

"I can only think of what's going to come for Auntie Tia during day court." I started to laugh along.

I teleported us to our respective chambers and the laughter died down. Seeing Spike was awake and just sitting on my bed, he said, "So where's my explanation?"

I sighed and began "Well it started when we got to the throne room..."

Comments ( 32 )

i love it i am awaiting the next chapter when that comes out and why is this story On Hiatus now

Comment posted by Guardian of Eros deleted Mar 15th, 2014

4086288 ok and that ok you don't have to go in a corner

Guardian of Eros i got a question why did you delete your own comment

4086304 I dunno, and you can just call me Eros. :twilightsmile:

4086310 ok and i will just call you Eros

I need the next chapter...how soon will it be up???

4086721 It will be up by tomorrow hopefully.

I think this might be to much for me to read. Has any body ever had that feeling when you get to a part of a movie, show, or story that's just not what you expected, you get a strange feeling in your stomach, that can stop you in your tracks. But I think this story is good and I will try to read it. Even if it kills me. :applejackconfused:

4086988 YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

RC

By the god of harmony i say; let this be famos! And add all of the awsomeness asap!

In all honestly I like this story but its WAY WAY WAY WAY WAYYYY TO RUSHED!

huh, she accepted that rather quickly...

O...K... :unsuresweetie:

I feel that I understood the story perfectly, i.e. twilight being Princess Luna's daughter etc. I also found this a very fun idea.

*takes deep breath*

Now for the "critic-y" part: As a few others have mentioned, It was very rushed. I honestly was a bit put off by Twilight Sparkle blindly accepting that her mother is princess Luna, formerly NMM, and completely skipping any period of adjustment. You could have gotten a lot more mileage out of your readers if you had had even a few paragraphs about a disbelieving Twilight slowly coming to terms with this, or maybe if she had reacted with indignation and disbelief... She was raised by Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle after all... In other words, Twilight Sparkle would never have reacted this way. Pinkie pie, maybe, but never Twilight. "Lesson Zero" is a good example of the way Twilight reacts to big shocks like this.

My only other point, and a kind of nit-picky one at that: Why would Shining Armor care if Twilight is a filly-fooler? (my views on her character and sexual orientation notwithstanding) He is (IMHO) the one who should be the most O.K. with that. He grew up with her, implying that he knows what interests her, and has a good grasp on her personality. I see his reaction as more of a "not a surprise :ajbemused:" than "I am NOT okay with this :twilightangry2:" On a related note, why include this at all at this point? If it's for a future plot point, my advice is to just preface the plot point with something like this (i'm following your version of armor BTW):

Shining Armor stared at Twilight in disbelief. "you're a filly-fooler?"
Rainbow piped up, "Well duh! Isn't it obvious?"

etc. etc.

I like this story, Jusy don't be afraid to write longer chapters, and don't try to rush these out, take your time, get a pre/proofreader if you feel you need one, but most importantly: No matter what, Write what YOU want!!! Anything I or another commenter say are just that: Comments. Follow/ignore them at your own volition.

Always keep writing,

~Flutters :yay:

Would you mind using a [url] tag for the image link? It's far neater and allows one-click navigation to the image page.

Guardian of Eros i got a question when will the next chapter come out for this story

4136362 Soon, I am working on it now, hopefully over 2k words. Going into in depth and adding choices that you guys can make.

My only problem with this story is the lack of explanation. Everyone just accepts all of these massive world changing truths immediately and never even ask for an explanation. This is Twilight we are talking about. She NEEDS to know these things; it's in her nature to always be inquisitive. She is very OOC in this.

This seems too rushed for comfort. I am starting to lose enthusiasm.

meh

shes taking this way too well.
Methinks you are rushing it wayyyy to much.

If you wanted to write a fic where twilight is leader then you could have started further into the plot and just come up with a suitable back story (delivered in a good way of course). Preferably one which includes at-least some type of emotion on twilight's part.

Defiantly taking way too well. and why should she and Cadence replace Luna and Celstia. Makes more sense for them to be Twilight goddess of Stars and Cadance Godess of love. need to rewrite this.

AAAAGGHHH UPDATE PLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a neat idea, but well given Twilight is Twilight.... it's just a bit too accepting, no why's or how. The main 6 would, most likely, have a larger reaction to the news. You also may want to comb the chapters as there are some errors, they only distract but would make it more presentable if they were corrected.

Um more please or is it dead?

Comment posted by Lonestar_Pony deleted Feb 10th, 2015

I just need to say that I love this. You added aspects of si-fi with the mind-connection thingy (the word/phrase for it just slipped my mind). Another thing I like is the shipping with Twilight and Pinkie. I have never thought of that before, but I like it. Someponys don't like a rushed story, but I find it refreshing to read something of a different pace. I also like the aspect of Princess Twilight Sparkle Goddess of the Moon. I think one of my favorite parts is that Twilight is happy and welcoming to Luna and not angry/shocked. I personally love the idea of Luna's royal regalia controlling the Mon and not her magic. As much as I like Princess Twilight Sparkle Goddess of the Moon, and Twilight being forced to wear regalia, I think the part of the rushiness I didn't quite like is how quickly Twilight would be crowned Goddess of the Moon, and Cadence Goddess of the Sun. Cadence still has the Crystal Empire to rule. The only thing that rules out my comment of the Crystal Empire is if this was written BEFORE that episode. ANYWAY I overall love this story and it would bring much happiness to my heart if you took it off Hiatus.:raritywink::pinkiecrazy:

BTW: I think TwiPie would really work out well as a ship. :pinkiehappy:+:twilightsmile:=:heart:

Pls more!!!

me: see's pic "Oh that's cool"

me reads bio "It sounds interesting"

Me see's there's only 2 chapters and 2.2k words "Excuse me what the F"

Will you be able to make a another chapter soon? I love the story so far

Ya this is weird, so Twilight and Cadance are basically replacing Luna and Celestia after 1000 years?

Login or register to comment