• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 7,839 Views, 2,739 Comments

Trixie's Forest Retreat - crowscrowcrow



Following the events of Boast Busters, Trixie decides to hide from the town (and Rainbow Dash in particular) by taking cover in the Everfree Forest. Not every problem can be outrun, and sometimes facing them can have unexpected consequences.

  • ...
31
 2,739
 7,839

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 96 - Regurgitate

At least… Trixie is pretty sure Dash is okay with this…

Trixie had to admit she had not asked Dash since they started actually dating, though Dash had given her plenty of hints during the slumber party.

She could feel her cheeks burning while she recalled the intimate dare that had Fluttershy licking the jelly off of her chest while Rainbow Dash watched. Trixie had been so scared that Dash was testing her, that she had offered to make Dash do the cleaning instead, but Fluttershy surprisingly accepted to do it before Dash could react. Despite Trixie’s fear, once it started she had quickly lost her mind to the wonderful feeling of Fluttershy’s tongue. It was only when it came to an abrupt and disappointing end, when the haze had disappeared over her mind, and she could think clearly, that terror enveloped her. Once she’d realized she had ended up enjoying the very intimate moment far too much, in front of Dash no less, she panicked. But, Dash was completely fine with it. She had even straight up told Trixie it had been her plan to get the two of them to do that all along when Trixie tried to apologize. Or plead for mercy, really.

In her mind, Trixie ran over what exactly had transpired.

Rainbow Dash approached Trixie. “Look, hey, I wasn’t going to tell you but… I wanted you to do that. I thought you and Fluttershy should get more comfy, you know?”

“S-so, it’s… it’s okay? You are okay with Trixie doing that? Are you really sure?” Trixie asked hesitantly, though she perked up her ears again. She felt better by the second as the words sunk in.

“Of course I’m okay with it.” Rainbow Dash smiled, and reached out a hoof to pet her reassuringly.

Trixie smiled dreamily, she could swear she felt Dash’s hoof run through her mane for a moment, reassuring her she wasn’t doing anything wrong. A quick glance behind her revealed they were still alone however. Trixie felt her heart sink a little, but she told herself she’d see Dash again soon.

The gentle tingling on her mane teasingly faded away, it felt like a sign to Trixie that she should stop worrying about this. Dash had said this was perfectly fine, and that had barely been a day ago. Granted, a few things had changed since then, but Trixie didn’t deem it necessary to bog Fluttershy down with such minors details; she looked conflicted enough as it was.

Though Trixie had offered to immediately get Dash involved in the talk, she had realized it was exceedingly unlikely that Fluttershy would want to do that at all. The only thing that could be called a bit surprising was how vehemently she rejected the idea. After that however, Fluttershy kept this indecisive look on her face that was bothering Trixie.

But really, what is Trixie expecting? That Fluttershy will just proclaim she wants half of Trixie’s attention from now on? Trixie frowned at the thought, that didn’t sound like Fluttershy at all. Maybe she was going about this all wrong? Fluttershy was rarely proactive, so perhaps what she needed was for Trixie to be more proactive herself?

Thinking about it, whenever Trixie had tried to trick Rainbow Dash into doing something, she’d gotten spurned, but when Trixie was honest about what she wanted, Dash usually rewarded her. Fluttershy had finally been honest about her feelings, so Trixie reasoned the right response was that she had to get some kind of reward too.

Trixie can do that. Smirking lightly, Trixie led by restoring the neglected hug they shared to its proper tightness, eliciting a squeak from the gentle pony in her grasp. Tellingly, Fluttershy made no effort to escape Trixie’s hold, spurring her on.

Excitement coursing through her veins, Trixie nuzzled Fluttershy’s neck, and exhaled a warm breath through her soft, honey-scented fur, receiving a slight shiver from Fluttershy in return.

Despite how well things were going, Trixie was as nervous as she could be. This was not at all helped by the realization that she actually had no idea what to do now, as she was clueless on what kinds of things Fluttershy liked or disliked, physically at least.

Well, what she lacked in knowledge, she would just have to make up for in enthusiasm! Trixie stretched one hoof out to touch the floor behind Fluttershy while leaning into her, guiding the pegasus gently down to the ground until she was on top of her. Her face felt like it was on fire at this point, and by the looks of it so was Fluttershy’s, who held her eyes closed tightly.

Trixie leaned on the outstretched leg, allowing herself to admire the adorable mare below her for a lingering moment. Some part of her expected to wake up any second now while she ran a slow trail of kisses along Fluttershy’s throat and muzzle, until she caught her lips again. Blissfully, Trixie found Fluttershy wasn’t as frozen solid this time, though she was predictably timid and stirred below her.

Just as Trixie attempted to coax Fluttershy to try and deepen the kiss, Fluttershy struggled below her, and turned away. Smiling with the display of bashfulness, Trixie shifted some of her weight onto Fluttershy, and reached for her muzzle to guide her back, whispering, “It’s okay, Fluttershy. Trixie promises you’ll like it.”

“T-Trixie, please…. S-stop.”

Perking up her ears, Trixie froze in place, half a feather away from Fluttershy’s lips. “S-stop?” She could feel the color drain out of her face as she pushed herself away.

Pinned to the ground by Trixie, Fluttershy stared up at Trixie anxiously. Her pupils were like pinpricks, before she broke eye contact, looking off to the side.

Trixie felt as though she’d been struck in the stomach, and scrambled onto her hooves, taking a few quick steps away from Fluttershy. “D-did Trixie hurt you?” She asked, almost hopeful that she had, but she knew that wasn’t the problem. “Trixie’s sorry! S-she just thought… thought that…” What had she been thinking? That Fluttershy needed to be pushed past her boundaries? That she’d be into it once she got a taste of how great Trixie was? Each answer that past her mind just made her feel more disgusted with herself.

It was getting hard to breath while Trixie watched Fluttershy roll over onto her stomach, refolding her wings in the process. Once Fluttershy looked at Trixie, Trixie quickly looked away, avoiding her gaze. In doing so, Trixie caught sight of the door, and the next thing she knew, she made a dash for it.


Trixie’s lungs felt like they were on fire as she leaned heavily against the rough bark of an old oak. She slumped down at its roots while she gasped for breath. She had not even made it all that far off the meadow, which was another thing she could blame her recent inactivity for. Just a little further ahead, Trixie spotted another oak tree, and immediately felt as though she should have kept moving just a little longer to rest at it instead. The tree looked withered and dead, with open cracks and holes in the bark. It felt much more appropriate for her situation.

Folding her forelegs in front of her, Trixie rested her head on them. It was pathetic, even when she was running away she didn’t do that good of a job. She wasn’t even sure why she had fled, perhaps just to spare Fluttershy from having to flee her home a second time. It was a nice thought to entertain that she was just acting in Fluttershy’s best interest, but really, Trixie knew she was just scared to face her right now.

Looking back on it, Trixie could scarcely believe how she dismissed it when Fluttershy set her boundaries so clearly. It had just felt so natural to go a step further, she did it all the time with Rainbow Dash.

…But, Fluttershy isn’t Rainbow Dash. Trixie knew Dash is fast at everything. Fluttershy’s the opposite… Trixie knew that too. She blew a lock of hair out of her face, but it proved futile as it just swung right back into her vision. Trixie should have gone slower… No, Trixie should have stopped immediately. Could that be why Dash was so angry with Trixie the first time she thought Trixie tried to ‘seduce’ Fluttershy? She knew Trixie would trample over Fluttershy’s limits? If she had been allowed now, that had to mean Dash trusted her to do right by Fluttershy.

Trixie sighed dejectedly and shook her head. She wanted to rush right back home and talk to Fluttershy, but perhaps what she ought to do right now was just cool off in the breeze until she could put that plan into action with a clear head. She was sure Fluttershy didn’t want to see her for a while anyway.

A soft rustling beside her made Trixie perk up her ears.

“Uhm, is this seat taken?” a soft voice asked, barely louder than the wind.

Shaking her head in response to the question, Trixie said. “It’s not.” A quick glance from the corner of her eye confirmed the owner of the voice, as Fluttershy settled down in the grass next to her. Trixie felt her heart leap, though she quickly returned her gaze to the patch of grass in front of her.

A long silence followed.

As Trixie tried to think of what to say, she found her mind wandering to small things she hadn’t noticed before. The rustling of the wind through the leaves was the only sound Trixie had heard when she was alone, but now a gentle noise of the breeze playing through Fluttershy’s feathers was added to it. It felt strangely soothing, just having Fluttershy nearby, even if they didn’t speak.

Trixie turned her head to catch a glimpse of Fluttershy, and found her staring off into the distance, apparently taking an interest in the dead tree. After a moment, Fluttershy noticed Trixie looking, and smiled at her quietly, then motioned to the tree.

It wasn’t clear to Trixie what was so interesting about a lifeless piece of wood, but just seeing Fluttershy smile did her a world of good. From the corner of her eye, she caught a sudden blur of motion, and turned just in time to see something fly into a hole just above one of the branches.

Narrowing her eyes, Trixie stared at the hole, waiting to get a better look at whatever had just hidden itself. Suddenly, a white, heart-shaped face popped up from the hole, it briefly looked around before it flew off back into the forest.

Once Trixie was watching for it, she noticed it happen again, apparently the dead tree was a small hive of activity, but then why had she not heard it sooner? Now that Trixie thinks about it… she can’t hear it now either. Perking her ears, Trixie could only see the birds coming and going, but eerily, they didn’t make a single sound.

Confused, Trixie turned to look at Fluttershy to ask for answers, only to find Fluttershy was already observing her with an amused smile. “They’re barn owls, Trixie,” she replied to the unspoken question. “They have small serrations on the edge of their flight feathers, and lovely soft down feathers, which breaks up the flow of the air, reducing the noise they make.”

“But, Trixie thought owls only come out at night?” Though it was not as if Trixie was entirely unfamiliar with owls, she often heard them hooting in the middle of the night when she was trying to sleep, but she never took the time to find out anything about them.

Fluttershy nodded. “They are usually nocturnal, yes. Sometimes they hunt by day, but other birds may bully them into only using the night. If that doesn’t happen though, like here, owls can enjoy the sun too. Though, it takes a while before they realize it’s okay here.” Fluttershy looked saddened for a moment, then turned away from Trixie to stare at the tree. "I guess you could say… they are scared by how they’ve been treated, and it takes a bit of time for them to get used to something new… even if it’s something wonderful. If you try to wake it up in the morning it will just be scared and confused."

Trixie felt a dull pain in her chest as she looked at Fluttershy, then slowly panned her gaze over to the tree, another owl landed and scurried into one of the crevices. “Trixie supposes that it’s no use just telling an owl there’s nothing to be scared of… the best thing to do is just let them go at their own pace?”

“That’s right. If they do try, and find out they are welcome during the day, some owls will adapt. But, it’s also not really the same for every owl. Sometimes owls will just stay nocturnal, no matter how long they stay somewhere safe like here, and there’s no way to tell in advance.” She looked over at Trixie hesitantly. “It’s just something you have to be prepared for, either way, when dealing with owls.”

Meeting Fluttershy’s gaze, Trixie stayed quiet for a moment, then she scooted a little closer to her so their shoulders met, but then stopped. “That’s fine, it doesn’t matter if they do or don’t. Trixie thinks night owls are just wonderful too, even if they are harder to see.”

Fluttershy didn’t reply, but Trixie could feel the pegasus leaning into her just a little more, resting her head against her neck.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed.

So, this might be a fun exercise for comments. What heck are they talking about? :rainbowlaugh:

PreviousChapters Next