• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,050 Views, 12 Comments

zombie diary - bubdude



witnessing the beginning of the end, one stallion writes in his journal each day that he survives.

  • ...
5
 12
 1,050

day 31-40

Day 31: We are back on the road and heading to the next town. We spent all morning searching for anything that we could carry with us. We didn't find very much, just another pistol and some more food, but it's better than nothing i suppose. I've also been pretty worried about something... How long have these things been out of the lab anyways? We really have no way of knowing how far this has spread and each day, it spreads even farther. My family is only a couple cities away so I wouldn't be surprised if it has already reached them. I just hope that they are alright still. I guess I’ll just have to find out then.

Day 32: We made it to the next city a few hours ago so we haven't done very much scavenging so far. With all of us having to walk, i'm still stuck carrying most of the stuff. Sure, everybody else has to carry their own weapon but there is still plenty of weight to go around. This place is much more infested and the power seems to have been cut off as well. Who knows though, there could be some things we can use here. We stopped at the edge of the town to rest in a small store. We want to be at our best if we are going to be doing anything around these "things". One slip up and somepony is going to get themselves killed. We will start searching once the sun is back up.

Day 33: While searching through some of the buildings we found what seemed to be a broken down stronghold. The ponies inside had a small stock of weapons and some rotten food. I can only assume that . One of them also seemed to be keeping a journal like mine. It's actually quite sad that it is only a few days long. This is the kind of stuff that makes me value the group that I have right now. We quickly traded out some of our equipment and moved on to the next building. It would seem that Roger prefers a rifle so he will be our designated sharp shooter. We also found a few more saddlebags so we have been trying to split the weight up as evenly as possible. Aero, being a pegasus, gets the lightest since he still has to be able to fly well. Some ponies are just that lucky.

Day 34: I’ve been reading the dead groups journal and it has more in common with this one than I thought. What they talk about sounds a lot like the more developed "things" that we encountered in the lab. Somewhere deep inside, I was hoping that all of the abnormal ones had been taken out by now. We have to keep moving through the city though, because if we stay in one place for too long then we might end up just like the other group. I doubt that anypony wants to have that happen. Breaks almost over, have to get back to searching.

Day 35: We woke up to gunfire this morning. When we got to the source of the noise, we saw somepony holding out in a gun shop. We ran in to help the the best that we could, despite the fact that he was basically a one pony army. It didn't take long to plow through all of them. Apparently, he is the owner of the shop, Trigger's triggers, and thought it would be best to go down with a ship that is full of weapons. He was carrying at least one of each gun on him so he is quite strong at least. Being a unicorn that specializes in weaponry it must be a breeze for him to be able to use all of them at once. He let us in and told us we could get any weapons we might need as long as he can join us. Sounded like a great deal to me. He even has a vehicle that we can use! Now that we are upgraded, we have an even better chance. He really didn’t have to bribe us though...

Day 36: There has been one question that has really been bothering me; What happened to all of the pegasi up here? I got the answer the hard way. Red was keeping watch when an infected pegasus caught him off guard by flying over him. Apparently, pegasi that still had their wings in good condition when they died, could still fly. The commotion woke us all up but it was too late because he had been bitten. Unlike Roger, he wasn't the slightest bit immune to the virus. He took it upon himself to lock himself in the building and told us just to keep going. The gunshot as we walked away was really the only proof that we had of his death. There is a silver lining though, at least we know to watch the skies as well.

Day 37: This whole thing is driving everypony insane! We were searching a building today when we found some food. When we went to grab it though, a small group with an assortment of blunt weapons blocked our exit. I have to give them credit for their bravery though, because they didn't run away screaming until we shot a few times at their hooves. I know it’s for survival and all but why can’t anypony be smart enough to just join a good group? We could have shared a little... maybe... Anyways, we are leaving now. I really don’t want to stay any longer than what we already have.

Day 38: Back on the road. With Trigger’s vehicle stocked, we'll be more than fine until we get to the next city. I can’t wait to see how my family is doing. I really hope that they are alright and the hordes missed the area but I already know that it's very unlikely. Knowing how they were able to find us so many times, they probably made a bee line straight for it. Chase was saying that he has some family there as well. I feel kind of bad for not know it before but then again, I didn’t know Chase until this all started and any time I’ve had a chance to ask, the time was better spent preparing for the next day. I guess that just happens though when you are living day by day like we have been.

Day 39: Bad way to start off the day. We got to the town only to see infected everywhere. They all seemed to be going to one place though so we figured that we might as well see what was going on. Aero did a quick swoop over them and spotted a dark blue stallion held up in small house. Seeing as how that fit my dad's description, I didn't think twice about rushing into there, trying to get to him. Thanks to trigger's guns, we were able to breeze through them but at the cost of a lot of ammo. We had to take precautions just in case he had been bitten, so the beginning of our reunion was mainly guns pointing at him. After we made sure that he was clear he gave me some bad news. My mother didn’t make it... We rushed to Chase's house but his parents were dead long before we even got here. Well at least one is better than none...

Day 40: Chase hasn't been doing very well today. He seems to be quite depressed due to the loss of his parents so we had him stay with my dad at the vehicle. My dad has been tinkering with the vehicle so that we can make more use of it. Unfortunately, that means that we have to bring him a bunch of stuff, specifically a bunch of metal. We managed to find a screw driver and a few screws for him but nothing more. At least it’s a little something to check off the list. We will have to see if we can find a scrap yard around here somewhere. Perhaps in the next town.

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by Nemesis Prime deleted Mar 28th, 2022
Login or register to comment