• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,050 Views, 12 Comments

zombie diary - bubdude



witnessing the beginning of the end, one stallion writes in his journal each day that he survives.

  • ...
5
 12
 1,050

day 11-20

Day 11: I think it lost us... The lunch area was a pretty clear so we decided to try searching it again. While searching we found some more food and a saddle bag to carry things in. By a completely unfair vote, I am the one that has to hold the carry the bags around. Both are quite helpful but, Gates accidentally dropped something shortly after we found them. The loud noise alerted the few “things” that were around the area and a particularly fast one came rushing through. We ran as fast as we could but Gates couldn't keep up and was caught. He dropped the gun as he was surrounded. There was nothing we could do and as such, Atom levitated the gun into the saddle bag and we ran and hid in an armored room close by. Having that horrible image in my head doesn’t exactly make me feel at ease. We could be next for all we know...

Day 12: It found us again and this time it took Atom with it. We were trying to find a way up when it came out of nowhere. She was so close to the safety... As Atom was running for the door, that monstrosity tackled her and they both went tumbling right passed me. In an unsuccessful attempt to save her I took the ax in my mouth and swung as hard as I could. The swing definitely hit the mark but Atom had already had a chunk taken out of her neck. Once again I was unable to save somepony. I’m suffering more now than I was at the start.

Day 13: Another survivor has been found. He says his name is Hault and thankfully he hadn't been bitten anywhere. I almost hit him because it seemed like he came out of nowhere. It really doesn't help that it's hard to see him due to his grey coat and even darker grey mane. Oh and he also had a hoofgun on him. All security guards were issued one but they get a very small amount of ammo to go with it. I'm letting him use the pipe for now since he didn't have anything for close range other than bucking them. I've learned from experience though that it would be best not to give them a chance to get that close if possible. We came across a blueprint that maps out this floor while checking around and from the looks of it, it is very detailed. They seem to have put a small storage close by so I hope that somepony else hasn't raided it already. Tomorrow we're stocking up. Until then, we rest.

Day 14: This has to be the most fruitful day I have had so far. Hault has found another survivor named Red. I'm sure that you can guess his color. Now Hault doesn't recognize him but he has the basic security vest on. He also had a shotgun with him and it was quite obviously well used. From the marks on the mouth grip, i'd say that he has been pretty busy. I found a few drinks from a nearby soda machine to quench our thirst . The storage, however, is closed tight for now. We tried to get it open but it's shut tight and nopony knows the password for it. We’ll have to pass it up for now i suppose. Maybe if we are lucky, we will find somepony that can get us in there.

Day 15: Now we are up to a group of 4. Some mare named Aero was already looting the storage when we got there. It was a bit of a shock to see a pegasus down here seeing as how it's an underground lab but I doubt that it hasn't happened before. I have only seen earth ponies and unicorns here. She seemed to be the only one that had been in there though so I can only assume that she is the reason that it's open. Turns out that it was a storage for even more guns. For a lab, this place had a lot of guns. You would think that this could have all been prevented if somepony just opened this storage. The place had plenty of ammo as well, but the weapons looked like they were meant to be non-lethal. Anything is helpful though so we stocked up on all that we could and headed to another secure room. None of those "things" are going to stand a chance now.

Day 16: The trip to the armory made a lot less of a difference than i thought it would... In one day we lost both Red and Hault. The worst part is that only one of those "things" was involved. It was stronger and faster than any of the other infected ponies that i had seen so far. Red and Hault couldn't keep up when we made a mad dash to get away from it and we haven't seen them since. Aero did find something interesting though. It was about someone called subject zero. I guess i'm glad that I at least have something to read tonight because I doubt that i'm going to be able to sleep.

Day 17: Still no signs of the other two, but we did find another survivor, a white unicorn mare in fact. Her name is Page and she said that she used to organize all of the files that came through this floor before all hell broke loose. She was hiding in a room to avoid the hordes of infected that were around. It's a good thing too because she didn't have anything on her. By the way, I can barely read the notes that we found. However, I was able to read that his name was Noah. I wonder if that is of any importance.

Day ‎18: We found them, but unfortunately Hault was just a dead body. Red had managed to find a green unicorn mare named Fizzle though. On top of that we gained yet another survivor named Roger, a light blue unicorn. We definitely needed his assistance as he claims to be good will all kinds of weapons. The group is getting to be a decent size now so we should be able to cover more ground and get out of here faster. No doubt there will be a lot of those "things" in our way, but we can do this.

Day 19: We have decided to split into two groups of three. Team one is Roger, Fizzle, and I while team two is Aero, Red, and Page. We figured it would be more efficient and it seems to be working. On our way closer to the stairs team two found some more food. We really needed more food because of how big the group is getting. If we are lucky then we should be able to reach the stairs by the end of tomorrow. One step closer to safety, but just a small one if you think about how little progress we have been making. It's been a little over 2 weeks since this all started and we haven't even left this floor. Of course, we don't want to rush and risk getting one of us killed either. The slightest slip up or scratch could mean immediate death. As the old saying goes, slow and steady wins the race.

Day 20: This group idea is working pretty well. We are able to clear rooms much faster than before. We finally found the stairs too. We had been on basement floor 2 for about three weeks now. Trying to get out this way isn't going to work unfortunately because the main floor was blocked by debris as if it were purposely barricaded. It's a very smart move but now we are out of luck. We are going to have to work our way around to the elevator. Something tells me that "they" have been moving up as well and that just means that we will have that much more to deal with...