• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 852 Views, 7 Comments

It's Party Time - Jingle



Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich are throwing a party for the Cakes

  • ...
5
 7
 852

Gifts and Grins

"Pinkie Pie, the first guest should be here soon," Mrs. Cake said, poking her head out the kitchen door. "You look very nice," she complemented.

"Thank you, same to you," Pinkie Pie said with a soft smile.

Mrs. Cake was wearing a layered dress with silk pink inside layers of different shades, and crinkly blue outside layers, also in various shades. Her dress made it quite obvious that she was pregnant but it was fitting because this was a foal shower. She had on a pearl necklace and matching earrings. Her eyes were lined with pink eyeshadow and blue eyeliner.

Pinkie Pie checked the decorations and the refreshments, seeing everything was in order. She sat down on the couch, waiting for the party guests to arrive. Cheese meandered down the stairs and stood by the door, waiting for the guests. There was a knock at the door and Cheese opened it up with his biggest smile.

"Hey, are you ready to party?" Cheese asked the group at the door.

The Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo had come together along with Rarity and Sweetie Belle; and Applejack and Apple Bloom. Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy weren't far behind.

"When Pinkie and Cheese throw a party, I am there!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, flying through the door.

"Oh the Dećore looks lovely," Rarity complimented.

"Thank you for coming," Pinkie Pie said to each guest as they walked in.

"Presents for the foal shower can go in the dining room," Cheese added.

Just after everyone had gotten situated, there was another knock at the door. Pinkie Pie walked over to the door, greeting Rumble, Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara. She showed them to the living room, where the other fillies and colts were. Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich then joined the foal shower, leaving the school ponies to play.

"What should we do first?" Mrs. Cake asked Pinkie Pie, because she had planned most of the foal shower.

"You could open your presents," Pinkie Pie suggested, knowing that opening presents would be Mrs. Cake's favorite part.

"That's a great idea Pinkie Pie," Mrs. Cake agreed.

The guests walked over to the present table. Rainbow Dash picked up a neatly bagged gift and handed it to Mrs. Cake.

"Open mine first!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

Rainbow Dash pulled at the neckline of her dress. she knew she had to wear something classy, but she just wore her Wonderbolt uniform because she was running late from practice and she had to pick Scootaloo up on her way here. Mrs. Cake nodded and pulled the tissue paper out of the top of the bag. She looked inside and pulled out a tall bottle. The label read: Cloudsdale Rainbow Whiskey. She hugged Rainbow Dash and thanked her.

"How did you get your hooves on this? I haven't had any in years since they stopped selling it," Mrs. Cake stated.

"Remember, I'm a Wonderbolt now, and that comes with tons of privlages. They get private access to a whole cellar full of fancy wine's, whiskey's, tequila's, you name it! I know pregnancy can be pretty stressful," Rainbow Dash commented, gesturing to her stomach which was slightly swollen.

"Congratulations Rainbow Dash," Mrs. Cake said sweetly.

"I'm only three months in so it's not too bad right now," Rainbow Dash laughed.

"Here, you can open mine next," Applejack told Mrs. Cake, handing her a package, after she had put down the bottle of Whiskey.

Mrs. Cake unwrapped the carefully wrapped box. She opened up the box and found a wicker basket filled with five baby bottles. Mrs. Cake took the basket out of the box and set it down in the counter. She picked up one of the bottles and looked it over.

"Thank you Applejack, that's very sweet," Mrs. Cake beamed.

"Granny Smith made them and Apple Bloom painted them. I made the basket, so it was really a team effort from all of Sweet Apple Acres," Applejack replied kindly.

Mrs. Cake nodded to Applejack, seeing she had worn the same dress she wore to the gala several years ago, and turned her head as Rarity used her magic to levitate a note over to Mrs. Cake. She read the note happily and gave Rarity a kind smile.

"I know it's not much, but I'm quite busy and I'm sure you will be too," Rarity added.

"I love it, I really do. I'm am sure your really busy now, working for Prim Hemline," Mrs. Cake rejoiced.

The note promised that whenever Mrs. Cake wanted, Rarity would reschedule all her work for the day and take her to the spa and treat her to whatever she'd like. Rarity was currently working for Prim. After winning fashion week several years in a row, Prim hired Rarity as her top designer. Rarity was dressed up in a very over the top way. She was wearing a hunter green silk ball gown with diamonds running up the shoulder. Twilight held up her and Spike's gifts with her magic. Mrs. Cake picked Twilight's gift first. She unwrapped the huge package to find a sweetly painted crib.

"It's enchanted to rock itself," Twilight said, beaming with pride.

"Thank you, Twilight," Mrs. Cake commented, "I'm sure it will come in handy."

Mrs. Cake picked up Spike's gift next. She found a rotating platform. It was split into four sections; one containing diapers, the next safety pins, then wipes and tissues, then baby powder in the last section. Spike looked down at his feet, embarrassed by his lack of creativity.

"Thank you Spike, I love it," Mrs. Cake said.

"That will be really useful," Mr. Cake added.

Fluttershy handed her present to Mrs. Cake next. Mrs. Cake opened up the gift and found a homemade bunny stuffed animal as well as assorted homemade tea bags.

"Thank you so much! This is so sweet!" Mrs. Cake complimented.

"Oh, it was nothing," Fluttershy replied, blushing with a sheepish grin.

"Thank you! All of you! I'm so happy you took time put of your day just to see all of us!" Mrs. Cake exclaimed happily.

"Did you forget about my gift?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Oh, you didn't have to get me anything, your practically part of the family," Mrs. Cake said sweetly.

"I'm happy to hear you say that because that means this moment will be that much sweeter," Pinkie Pie said, handing Mrs. Cake a picture frame.

It was a small wooden picture frame with a portrait of the Cakes and Pinkie Pie inside. On the edge of the frame the word "Family" was engraved, surrounded by hearts. Mrs. Cake showed the other girls.

"Thank you Pinkie Pie," Mrs. Cake said, overcome by happiness.

"Your welcome," Pinkie Pie said with a sweet smile. "I have some games in mind."

Author's Note:

The next chapter will most likely be about the Cute-ceañera side of the party and the chapters after that will just flip flop between different sides of the party.

Comments ( 3 )

I love it, can't wait for the rest!!!

I can't wait to see how the cutecenera is going.

Login or register to comment