• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 851 Views, 7 Comments

It's Party Time - Jingle



Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich are throwing a party for the Cakes

  • ...
5
 7
 851

Getting Ready

"One last touch!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, tossing a streamer over a board on the celling at Sugar Cube Corner.

"Perfect!" Cheese Sandwich agreed.

Mrs. Cake and Mr. Cake walked into the front room, followed by Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.

"It looks lovely dear," Mrs. Cake told Pinkie Pie.

"So Cool!" Pound Cake added.

"Thank you so much Pinkie Pie, and you too Cheese Sandwich," Pumpkin Cake commented.

"Your Welcome! It's always nice to make a good friend smile!" Pinkie replied.

"I'm so glad you like the decorations," Cheese Sandwich said.

Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie were throwing a foal shower for Mrs. Cake and they combined it with a Cute-ceañera for Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. Cheese had planned games for the adults to play at the foal shower and Pinkie had made snacks and punch for the fillies and colts attending the Cute-ceañera. Pound Cake had gotten his cutie mark two weeks before the party while playing with a colt from school. Pound Cake's cutie mark was a scale with a slice of cake on each side. Pumpkin Cake got her cutie mark a week later when she was helping her mom in the kitchen. She was helping clean up after making a batch of cupcakes, when a cloud of powdered sugar appeared on her flank. In the powdered sugar was a spoon covered in rainbow cake batter.

"What is the little foal's due date again?" Pinkie Pie asked, breaking the silence.

"It's June 31st, so three weeks from now," Mrs. Cake responded.

"I never heard if the foal was going to be a filly or a colt," Cheese Sandwich said.

"Cupcake is too stubborn to look at the ultrasound, and she wants to be surprised. We won't know until the birth," Mr. Cake said, a frown entering his face.

"Lighten up dad," Pound Cake scoffed, "It's not a big deal."

"I'll just have to stay in Ponyville until the foal is born," Cheese Sandwich annouced.

"Yippee! My favorite party planner gets to stay longer!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

Pinkie Pie threw a quick hug around Cheese and then looked back at the cake family. They were all smiling, obviously pleased with the results of their hard work. She instantly remembered the day she got her cutie mark. The smiles on her families faces were filled with pure joy. That feeling was something Pinkie would never forget.

"I'll be in my room until the party starts. Cheese, do you want to come with me?" Pinkie asked, turning towards the stairs.

"Sure," Cheese agreed, walking next to Pinkie.

Pinkie hopped up the stairs and into her room, holding the door open for Cheese. They both sat down on Pinkie's bed next to each other.

"I can't wait for the new foal to be born. Though Pound Cake and Pumpkin cake are great, they've grown up a lot and they have friends from school, and sometimes they don't want to play with me anymore," Pinkie Pie explained.

"I get it, it's no fun being left alone all the time," Cheese agreed.

He was left alone all the time as a colt because he was so shy. Pinkie was the first filly who inspired him to make friends and make ponies smile. He heard Pinkie yawn beside him and he noticed her hair had multiple strands out of place.

"I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up at quarter 'til party!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, flopping down in her bed next to Cheese.

Pinkie Pie quickly fell asleep with Cheese sitting by her side. Cheese Sandwich hopped off the bed and walked over to a pale pink rocking chair in the corner of Pinkie's room. He sat down, thinking about the Cake's. It must be nice to settle down with a family instead of traveling all of Equestria just to throw a party. Cheese was starting to consider staying somewhere nice, and meeting a mare to start a family with. Maybe Ponyville would be a nice place to stay. Cheese already had one bubbly pink mare in mind. He rocked back and forth on the wooden chair, smiling at Pinkie Pie.

It was quarter to three in no time, so Cheese walked up to the bed and nudged Pinkie with his hoof. Pinkie Pie sat up and stretched. She brushed out her normally crazy mane and watched it fall down the sides of her neck in tight, neat curls. She brushed out her tail the same way. Cheese walked into the doorway of Pinkie Pie's bathroom and saw that she had full makeup on.

"Woah! You look so..." Cheese Sandwich gasped, struggling to regain his breath.

Cheese was so shocked by Pinkie's appearance. She looked absolutely gorgeous. Cheese knew the party required a nice, classy outfit and everyone would be dressed up, but he was just wearing a collar he had bought with Prince Blueblood before the gala one year. Cheese straightened his collar and stared at Pinkie Pie. She had on a tight sky blue corset that had cream colored lace attaching it to a thin yellow strip of silk that had rows of small white polka dots. The dress highlighted her curves and made her look very elegant. Pinkie had on bright white eyeshadow and thick eyelashes that had been adorned with mascara. Her lips were a deep, sparkly red and they complemented her shiny white teeth perfectly.

"How do I look?" Pinkie Pie asked sweetly.

"P-p-p-perfect!" Cheese stammered, unable to find a word to describe the absolute beauty of the mare standing in front of him.

"I'm glad you think so," Pinkie Pie said with a flip of her tail, which had been neatly curled in several pieces.

She walked past Cheese to head downstairs, it was almost time for the party. Cheese couldn't help but notice how her hips swayed when she walked and how her step was not bouncy as it was before, but sweet and calm.

"Oh my Celestia," Cheese whispered, staring down the empty hallway, trying to comprehend that the beautiful, lovely mare that had just walked past him was the crazy filly he had met years ago at his first party.