• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 1,032 Views, 25 Comments

Adoption and Secrets - Junster00741



Not many know of Scootaloo's story, where did she come from? Did she have a family? If she did wouldn't we have seen them by now since she's been in Ponyville for years or is there more to this than anypony thought...

  • ...
2
 25
 1,032

Part 5

Part 5

“So is anypony going to tell us what’s up?” demanded Scootaloo.

The seven of us remained silent with an uneasy look, how could I have been so careless about this? I’m supposed to be her brother so i’m supposed to know this but i’m caught red hooved. I began sweating with anxiety until I finally gave in and lowered my head, when I was ready I raised my head up, looking more confident moments ago.

“Look the truth is.” I started, “I’m not Fluttershy’s brother, i’m not even a pony.”

The fillies raised their eyebrows simultaneously and took a step back from me, “So what are ya?” questioned Applebloom.

I sighed deeply, “I’m actually a human. A being that has hands and walks on twos. We look far different from ponies for sure-”

“So wait.” interrupted Sweetie Belle, “If you’re ‘human’ then how did you turn into a pony and come to Ponyville?”

“You see Sweetie Belle.” said Rarity, “Cerulean was from a place called earth...”

“And it wasn’t the best place to live in.” added Applejack.

“The air is different. Tastes strange.” explained Twilight.

“It’s not the best place for parties.” said Pinkie.

“And its animals are far more dangerous than the ones here.” added Fluttershy finally.

“That doesn’t really explain how he got here...” argued Scootaloo.

I nervously took in a deep and begun to explain myself, “In my world before this all happened I was worthless piece of nothing.” I sighed, “No family, hated my parents guts, no job, money, nothing! I lived in a forest i’ve known for a while and I would always go for walks, only thing to keep my mind off suicide and stuff...” I paused for a bit, “So one day while walking I heard a scream, little did I know it was Fluttershy. She was being attacked by a wolf and to be honest, I was just plain confused on how a pegasus was in my world....”

As I continued to explain how it was like to have Fluttershy I slowly broke into tears but I still kept on explaining. I told them the fun, the bad, the warming and scary moments we had when she was in my world. I didn’t leave any detail out since this could my last chance with staying with my friends and family. Once I was finished I had a river of tears coming out, my sheets were practically soaked and the fillies, they all had a warm smile on them and came up to hold me closely.

I was more confused to be honest, “S-so what are you going to do with me?” I asked nervously.

“Seriously?” said Scootaloo, “Dude you deserve to stay here. I understand the feeling of no family and the feeling of loneliness and suicide. Not being accepted by any family and being thrown out I thought I didn’t belong in this world but until I met Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, I know now I have a purpose and I have to find that. Much like you, Cerulean.”

I slowly smiled and wiped off my tears, “Thank you so much...” I said happily, “You don’t know how much this means to me.”

“Well if we’re coming out I might as well confess too.” said a voice.

The door opened and walked in was Cakeran, I haven’t seen him for so long I could hardly recognized him. Everypony was just as surprised as I was to see him again since he doesn’t really hang out with us. I’ve only seen him one time with Rainbow Dash but that was only once, like a year ago! Just seeing him brings back a few memories of all of us hanging out and telling funny stories about each other.

“Cakeran.” I said, “It’s been so long, like a year at most. Where you been?”

“I’ll explain later but I overheard somepony explaining his human background and since you’re not the only one I might as well come clean here.” he said humbly.

Cakeran quickly explained who he was also and how he shared a similar life like I did. He explained how he found Rainbow when she was filly and how their experience was. Of course Scootaloo was the most surprised to hear that her hero was taken away from her without even knowing it. Rainbow couldn’t help but smirk when she noticed her #1 fan’s face but then again Rainbow isn’t one for showing her feelings. Once he was finished he wasn’t in tears like me but he was a bit emotional after that.

“So not only is Cerulean human.” said Scootaloo, “But Cakeran is one too?!” added Sweetie Belle, “How many human ponies are there?!” questioned Applebloom.

“We’re the only two...Well I hope we are.” I answered, “Bottom of the line is we don’t want to go back to our old pathetic lives so can you three please tell nopony about this? We really like this place and we love the family we’ve made here.”

The three fillies took a moment and nodded their heads, “We won’t tell on one condition.” said Scootaloo with a smirk.

I raised an eyebrow looking uneased, “What is it?”

“I want you to adopt me.” answered Scootaloo.

My eyes and everyponie’s elses did too, “W-what...?” I said shockingly.

“I want you and Fluttershy to adopt me and let me live with you.” repeated Scootaloo.

“But why us?” asked Fluttershy.

“Cause we’re a lot alike.” she answered, “We’re both orphans, we had a rough past, we have a dark secrets and we can relate to each pretty well.” she explained.

“But what about Rainbow?” I protested.

She shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t think she’d be good raising a filly but you two got what it takes.” she said proudly.

“Hey! I can take a care of filly...I just don’t do it so often...” grumbled Rainbow.

Everypony gave Rainbow a blank expression and she responded by yelling “I can!” at us. We laughed quietly and Fluttershy and I turned back to Scootaloo who was staring at us with a smirk.

I stuck my hoof out to her, “You got a deal Scootaloo. Welcome to the Protector family.” I said proudly.

She smiled and tackled me, “Thank you so much!” she said with tears rolling down her face.

“Argh!” I screamed, “Still hurt here!”

“Oh right, sorry.” Scootaloo let go and hopped off the bed, “Still, thank you.” she said while wiping away her tears.

“Don’t mention it.” I said while catching my breathe, “We’ll sign the papers when i’m out of this place ok? For now you’ll go with Fluttershy and sleep in her room. You both can visit whenever you want.” I turned to Fluttershy, “Think you can take of her while i’m here?”

She nodded her head, “I’m sure we’ll get along nicely.” she said happily.

I smiled, “Good to hear, now come here.” they approached me and I gave them both a kiss on the forehead, “Glad to have you in the family now.” I said to Scootaloo, “And glad you’re safe and sound.” I said to Fluttershy.

They both gave me a hug but gently this time, “We’ll visit everyday.” said Scootaloo, “Get well soon.” added Fluttershy.

After we had our moment everypony left and went home, visiting hours were over but Twilight had a good reason for keeping the door locked and putting a sound proof bubble around us. Luckily we didn’t get in trouble but some of the doctors were a bit ticked off from it. Once night time came I stared out at my window and watched the moon shine down across the lands a far. Then out of nowhere I saw to be a small filly flying around and passing the moon multiple times.

I smiled happily as I knew who it was, “Good job Scootaloo, you can finally fly now...”

Tears of pride began to build but I wiped them away and kept on watching the filly fly around and do some tricks. I was surprised to see do 5 barrel rolls and a dive down move. After a few minutes another figure appeared, looking timid the figure gestured the filly it was time to head in. The filly nodded it's head and they flew down, disappearing from my sight but I already knew where they were heading.

...Funny how in only a few days Scootaloo learned how to fly and she’s a pro at it.

“That’s my daughter...” I said before drifting to sleep.

Author's Note:

Close to the last part now people. Last part comes out on Friday, hope you're liking it. And thank you for the comments, been helping me a lot with the motivation lately ^_^ Anyway, hope you'll like it.