• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 1,032 Views, 25 Comments

Adoption and Secrets - Junster00741



Not many know of Scootaloo's story, where did she come from? Did she have a family? If she did wouldn't we have seen them by now since she's been in Ponyville for years or is there more to this than anypony thought...

  • ...
2
 25
 1,032

Part 2

Part 2

When I woke up this morning I noticed Fluttershy wasn’t with me like every morning. I was sadden by the empty feeling I felt being without her. After last night i’m worried about her and I want to help but something is keeping her from letting me do so.

With a sad sigh I stretched so I could wake up my sleepy body and got out of the bed. I then walked out of my room and went to go wake up Scootaloo. At least I found her asleep in Fluttershy’s room but she’s a really loud snorer. It’s worse than Spike’s snoring and that's saying something.

I woke her up carefully and she sat up and yawned, “Morning.” she said.

“Sleep well?”

She nodded her head, “I haven’t slept like since the Crusaders had that sleepover here with Fluttershy.”

I chuckled quietly, “I remember her telling me that. Next time listen to her ok.”

“Yeah yeah we understand. Why do you think we nicknamed her Stare Master?” said Scootaloo.

I raised an eyebrow at her, “Stare Master? She’s never told me that. That’s a funny name to be honest.”

“Well you wouldn’t think so if she did the ‘stare’ on you.” chuckled Scootaloo.

I rolled my eyes, “I’m sure she won’t be during any ‘stareing’ anytime soon. Come on lets eat.”

We went downstairs, ate some apples and oats and began training. At first I wanted to see how Scootaloo could but to be honest, it was just pitiful. She could hardly lift herself like 2 inches above the ground and could stay airborne for only 10 seconds...Why does that sound familiar?

“*sighs* I’m never going to fly.” whined Scootaloo.

I knelt down beside her, “Hey don’t beat yourself up. This is your first day of training so of course it’s going to be hard.”

Scootaloo lifted her head up, “You’re right. I can’t give up so easily, alright lets do this!”

I smiled and stood up, “Alright here’s what I see wrong. You’re flapping your wings like you have an itch or something. Here’s how you do you it.”

I extended my wings and flapped them both slowly so Scootaloo could see how to do it. I then slowly ascended up, flew for a bit then descended next to her. I folded my wings back into place and turned back to Scootaloo who seemed more confident now. She gave it a try and tried to copy my movement and flew a little higher but still fell flat on her face.

She immediately jumped up and hopped with joy, “I almost got it! I almost got to fly around!” she cheered.

I smiled proudly, “Well it’s a start but you’ll get the hang of it. Now lets try some wing push ups to build up wing strength and then we’ll try again.”

As time went by Scootaloo trained hard and flew many times but got the same results but with a little more progress. 5 hours later she collapsed from complete exhaustion and passed out. I quickly rushed to her and examined her, luckily she was just asleep but it could’ve been worse but i’m proud of her.

I carried her back inside and set her on the couch, she slept peacefully and soon enough began snoring away. Although the snoring was a little much I was still glad to see her sleeping peacefully. Seeing her like this soon reminded me of Fluttershy not being with me this morning. I have to know if she’s ok cause she hasn’t been here this morning and it’s already passed noon.

Without any hesitation I grabbed a note and wrote what I was going to do for the rest of the day. I placed it next to Scootaloo and made my way for the door but stopped and turned to the critters who were staring at me with confusion.

“Can you all watch over Scootaloo for me? I’m going to look for Fluttershy.”

They nodded their heads and walked over to Scootaloo and examined her carefully before sitting down.

I turned back around and flew to Ponyville, there I checked the whole place head to hoof but no luck. I then went to Sweet Apple Acres but got the same results, Aj had no idea where she was either. I then searched the woods behind my cottage and the meadow but sadly no luck. I only had one more place left, the Everfree forest.

If I know Fluttershy she would never go in there alone unless it’s an emergency. Everytime she has to go in I always come with her. Just the thought of it scares her to the point of shaking like a baby. No way in her right mind would she go in alone but I got no other choice.

Complete exhausted I pushed myself forward and flew into the forest. Avoiding the manticores, timberwolves and other strange beings I searched the place high and low. I even searched the Castle of The Two Sister but like every other place, no luck. I couldn’t go any farther so with that I walked home but I had to take it slow. My body ached in pain and I couldn’t even get my wings up for a second.

The only thing keeping me going and ignoring the pain is hoping Fluttershy will be home. I haven’t seen her in Ponyville, Sweet Apple Acres, the woods and here so she must be home.

After walking around for a while I stumbled apon a pound and before my eyes was Fluttershy crying quietly from the other side. Her tears were falling from her chin and splashed into the water. The water rippled with every drop of Fluttershy’s tears and she continued to cry even more. I guess she didn’t noticed me cause she didn’t stop or look up to see me.

I carefully got up and slowly walked over to her, “F-Fluttershy?”

The second her ears perked up she jumped and quickly flew away, “STAY AWAY!” she yelled.

“Fluttershy wait! It’s me!” she was already gone and I couldn’t chase after her in my state.

I dropped down in shame began to cry, why did she act like that? Did I do something wrong? Did I look scary to her? What did I do wrong and why won’t she tell me? I cried loudly for what seemed like hours but eventually I pulled myself together and walked back home. When I got back I noticed Scootaloo wasn’t at the couch anymore but I was fine by that.

I plopped myself on the couch and quickly drifted into slumber but I was soon woken up by the critters and Scootaloo who all seemed very worried about me. They were staring at the little cuts I had and the twigs stuck in my mane and tail. I was a mess and I looked exhausted and very depressed.

“Y-you ok?” asked Scootaloo nervously.

I nodded my head, “Just need some rest...And some alone time...”

Scootaloo and the rest nodded their heads, “I guess you couldn’t find her huh...”

I took a second to respond, “I did but she ran away from me and told me to stay away...”

“Why would she say that?” questioned Scootaloo.

“I don’t know.” I slowly got up, “I’m going to sleep in my room. Wake me up if Fluttershy comes back ok.”

Scootaloo nodded her head, “Got it, i’ll be sure to let you know.” she said.

I nodded my head and went up stairs into my room, there I laid down and tried to fall back asleep but this time it was a little hard to. I closed my eyes but I didn’t sleep, instead I felt a long forgotten feeling of loneliness. I haven’t felt this since Fluttershy came into my life but her being gone has brought back this feeling. All I want is for my sister to be safe and to come back, nothing more and nothing less but she hasn’t came back and she’s afraid of me. I just want her back, please just come back Fluttershy, please...

Author's Note:

Scootaloo begins her training and Fluttershy instantly disappears. Confused and worried Cerulean goes looking for and finds her but she runs away from him and tells him to stay away. What's going through her head? Find out on the next part on Monday. Hope you'll like it and are enjoying this story.