• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 1,032 Views, 25 Comments

Adoption and Secrets - Junster00741



Not many know of Scootaloo's story, where did she come from? Did she have a family? If she did wouldn't we have seen them by now since she's been in Ponyville for years or is there more to this than anypony thought...

  • ...
2
 25
 1,032

Part 3

Part 3

“You’re already awake!?” said Scootaloo.

I nodded my head, “I couldn’t really sleep, it didn’t feel right and my body wouldn’t let me. Atleast I got 2 hours so I should be fine for a bit...” I yawned and nearly lost my balance.

Scootaloo still looked worried, “Are you sure you can’t sleep? Maybe you just need to lay down a bit longer.” she suggested.

I shook my head slowly, “Don’t worry...I’m fine Scootaloo.” I forced myself to smile but I couldn’t pull it off too well.

“Cerulean you shouldn’t be up. Please go back to bed.” pleaded Scootaloo.

I shook my head again, “It won’t make a difference. We’ll start training in a little, i’m going to eat something so go wait outside.”

“But Cerulean...” said Scootaloo.

“Just go outside Scootaloo, i’m fine really. Now go.”

Scootaloo nodded her head and walked out, I sighed, went into the kitchen and made myself a sandwich and hay juice. Once I ate I came out and I saw Scootaloo trying to fly but still getting the same result, a faceplant and a face full of dirt. Like yesterday I showed her some basic moves and simple flying techniques. After a few hours Scootaloo had to stop since she was exhausted and sore from yesterday so we called it a day.

I carried her back inside and laid her on the couch, I then brought out some apples and she immediately devoured them all. After she ate she quickly fell asleep, wish it was that easy for me right now. Even though i’m still exhausted my body still didn’t want sleep and laying down didn’t help at all. Tired and irritated I flew to Ponyville and did another search all over, I of course left a note for Scootaloo before leaving.

Like before I searched head to hoof and asked ponies nearby this time but like yesterday, no Fluttershy. I flew to Sweet Apple Acres and checked there again and still no luck. Applejack ended up finding me inside a tree when Applebloom came by yelling a monster or something. At first she didn’t know it was me until she bucked the tree and I came crashing down on top of her.

“Ugh...Cerulean? What in the hay are you doing being a monster!” yelled Applejack.

I quickly got off her and stood up, “Sorry, I was looking for Fluttershy and I thought I would find her here but no luck...” I sighed and yawned quietly.

Applejack quickly noticed how exhausted I looked and became concerned, “Maybe you should take a break from this searching. When was the last time ya slept?” she asked.

I sighed quietly again, “Couldn’t sleep, only 2 hours at most.” I readied my wings, “I’m sorry for giving you a scare. I’ll be on my way now.”

“Cerulean wait, maybe you should-” I was already gone, “Just rest here...” Applejack lowered her head and kicked a rock, “Please, for him Fluttershy just come back...”

I was at the Everfree Forest now, checking the old Castle of Two Sisters but got the same results. I checked the corridors, the secret rooms, fall pits, library and court hall but all with no luck. I was then back in the forest checking the pond from yesterday but like all the other places, no luck. I sighed in frustration and bucked at a old tree which toppled over and slammed into the ground.

Soon enough it awoken a manticore and it quickly noticed I was the one who made the tree fall since I was the only thing around. The beast roared and charged after me, teeth bearing out and its tail ready to sting me with its poison. I quickly sprinted away and tried to fly away but was grabbed by the manticore’s claws and slammed into the ground. The beast had me pinned and reared it’s head to me and snorted angrily. Without any hesitation I head budded it which made it stagger and let go of me.

I quickly scrambled to my hooves and flew as fast as I could, I soon entered rainboom speed but didn’t stop until I reached Ponyville. A few seconds later I realized I couldn’t stop myself because of my fatigue so I prepared myself and crashed in front of Sugarcube Corner. Ponies gathered around in a panic to see if I was ok and luckily I was. I was a still dazed but all in all I was fine somehow, guess i’m just really lucky.

I shook the dibre off my mane and tail and walked inside, surprisingly enough everypony was inside having lunch. They quickly noticed me and were shocked by my appearance and how tired I looked.

“Cerulean, what happened!” screamed Pinkie.

“Manticore, barely got away.” I sat down and gathered my bearings, “A lot has happened today.” I said tired.

“But no Fluttershy huh?” asked Rainbow.

I nodded my head, “I searched all over and no luck. She’s not here, not at Sweet Apple Acres, not at the Castle of The Two Sisters, not at the Everfree Forest and the woods.” I sighed and grabbed some food, “I just hope she’s fine...” everything began to blur and go black.

Everypony sighed shamefully and took a bite out of their food, “You should rest Cerulean.” said Applejack, “ Ya need rest before pushing yourself any further...Cerulean?”

Little did they know I passed out on the ground at the food table. All I could remember was them talking about rest then everything went black. When I woke I was in a white room and the sound of a heart monitor could be heard to my right. Everypony including Scootaloo was there all watching me. The second I began moving they all sighed in relief and helped me up.

“W-what happened?” I said weakly, “Where am I?”

“You’re in Ponyville Urgent Care.” said Twilight, “You passed out at Sugarcube Corner and didn’t respond to anything.” she explained.

“How long was I out?”

“6 or 7 days, we kinda lost track.” said Applejack.

My eyes widen and I tried to get up but everypony held me down, “Cerulean you gotta rest, you’re no condition to go anywhere!” shouted Twilight.

I struggled but was overpowered by their combined strength, “Let me go dammit! I have to find her!”

“Cerulean, just listen to us!” pleaded Scootaloo.

“I won’t rest until I know she’s safe now let me go!”

“But we found her!” yelled Applejack, “She heard about you and came here to check on you. She’s sitting down right now!”

I immediately stopped fighting and turned to Applejack, “Y-you found her?”

She nodded her head, “She’s been here all along sugar cube.”

Everypony slowly released me and I dropped back to the bed, “Where is she?”

“Right here...” said a quiet and timid voice.

From the corner of my eye stood a yellow pegasus with a pink mane and tail, she had a bright blue eyes that were filling up with tears of sorrow and regret. She was shaking but still approached me until she stood just inches from me. The second I was clear on who it was tears filled my eyes and blurred my vision.

“Fluttershy...Thank Celestia you’re ok...” I said quietly but happily, knowing that my sister is safe and here.

Author's Note:

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday, I completely forgot :/ Hope you're liking this :) Next part will be posted on Friday and i'll try not to forget. Happy Valentines Day everypony ^_^