• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 1,032 Views, 25 Comments

Adoption and Secrets - Junster00741



Not many know of Scootaloo's story, where did she come from? Did she have a family? If she did wouldn't we have seen them by now since she's been in Ponyville for years or is there more to this than anypony thought...

  • ...
2
 25
 1,032

Part 4

Part 4

“I’m so sorry...” said Fluttershy.

“It’s ok.” I said calmly, “I’m just glad you’re safe.”

“But look at what I caused to you!” shouted Fluttershy, “I drove you to exhaustion and you almost died! How on earth are you not mad at me!?”

“I am mad.” I said quietly, “You just left without even telling us why. You pushed me away when I wanted to help you and you ran away from me when I found you at that pound. I nearly got killed by a manticore cause I was looking for you and you couldn’t even come out and tell us why you were so scared. We’re your family and i’m your brother, how could you be afraid of me and tell me to go away?”

There was a long silence, everypony stared at Fluttershy including me. She remained quiet while tears continued to fall from her chin. The longer she remained quiet the more my anger began to rise but I know her and she’s going to tell us. She may be shy and timid but she has a heart of a dragon when it comes to this type of stuff and she never fails us.

Minutes of silence passed by until Applebloom and Sweetie Belle barged in and gave us all a scare, “Where is she!” shouted Applebloom.

“Who are ya looking for?” asked Applejack.

“Scootaloo!” answered Sweetie Belle, “We heard she came crashing down at Sugarcube Corner and was taken here.”

Everypony stared at them with confusion, “Um girls, i’m right here.” waved Scootaloo from behind Pinkie, “Cerulean was the one who crashed, not me and it took you this long to find out?.”

“Oh...” said the two fillies, “But we thought...Well that would make sense now. Scootaloo can’t fly yet.” said Applebloom avoiding Scootaloo’s question.

“I’ve been practicing and i’m still getting better!” argued Scootaloo.

“Ok ok take it easy.” said Sweetie Belle.

The two turned their heads to me, “So what happened?” they asked.

I sighed in annoyance, “You already know but we’re waiting for Fluttershy to explain herself.”

Everypony turned back to Fluttershy who gave in and finally said something, “I saw you being attacked...I knew you were looking for me and I followed you around...”

My eyes widen with disbelief, “So you knew along...” I grabbed the heart monitor and broke it in half, “WHY DID YOU HIDE FROM US THEN!?”

Everypony quickly stepped back and formed around Fluttershy, they were shocked to see me yell at her and possible threaten her for the second time but they should know me well enough. They should know I would never hurt her even in a situation like this. She has her reasons and i’ll let her explain herself. Once I simmered down Fluttershy gently moved her friends aside and approached me once more.

“You’re mad...” she said sadly, “I don’t seeing you mad.” she leaned forward and our foreheads touched.

I closed my eyes and breathed out heavily, “I’m only mad because I failed in making you happy.” I paused, “I scared you again and I yelled at you again. This is like Derpy’s problem all over again...”

“But Derpy isn’t the problem, it’s me.” admitted Fluttershy, “I’m ready to tell you now.”

I nodded my head, “We’re all ears.”

She breath in and out nervously then spoke, “When Scootaloo told me about her past and her being an orphan. It reminded me of something that happened a long time ago.”

She walked over to a counter and picked up a book, she skimmed through the pages and stopped halfway then pulled out a picture. She gave me the picture and my eyes widen with horror as to what I saw. In the picture was a filly Fluttershy, covered in blood and other things, on the ground in a dead like position. Written in blood was slut, whore, worthless and others things.

“My dad did this to me everyday...” uttered Fluttershy quietly, “They said I was lucky to be alive when he cut me...”

I put the picture down and looked at my sister who I thought I knew so well, “But you said your dad was caring and loving.”

Everypony gathered around and passed around the picture, every single one of them gasped in horror as to what they saw. They all stared at Fluttershy in sadness, shock and disbelief.

Fluttershy took in another deep breath, “When I was a filly my family was kind.” she started, “But my dad was a drunk...A nasty one from what mother told me. While in the day he would work and at night he would come back angry and holding a bottle of liquor cider. Mother would always try to hide my sisters and I but my dad knew all her hiding places and he always went after me...” she paused, “He would beat me and one day on my 9th birthday he went a little farther and tied me up.” she began to tremble and tear up, “He wouldn’t stop until I called him master and...And...That picture explains how it ended...” she began to choke on her tears, “We never told anypony because he threatened to kill us all if we did. We were so scared...I was so scared...I couldn’t take it...So I ran as far as I could from them until I reach this place. The ponies were so kind and they tended to my injuries. Soon enough I completely forgotten about my dad but when Scootaloo mentioned her orphan story it brought it back and...I became so I...I...”

I placed my hoof on her lips and shushed her quietly, “You said enough Fluttershy...Just let it out.” I wrapped my hooves around her, “We’re here for you remember that. There is no way he will get to you anymore. I’ll make sure of it.”

Fluttershy broke down and cried out over my shoulder, “I thought I was going to be his forever! I was so scared and I didn’t know what to do! I thought dads were supposed to be caring, not abusive!? Why did he take it out on me mostly!? What did I do!?” she cried out an answer.

I patted her back and soon everypony gathered around us and did what I did, cradle and comforted our Fluttershy, “You did nothing wrong sis.” I said gently, “He could never permanently bring down our Fluttershy. You were smart to run away, away from him. I’m sorry for not knowing this. I wish I could’ve done something about this...”

“Wait...How wouldn’t you know if you’re her brother?” said Scootaloo abruptly.

“Hey yeah, you’re her brother so why didn’t you do anything?” questioned Sweetie Belle.

“You ARE her brother...Right?” also questioned Applebloom.

I completely forgotten that the fillies didn’t know of our secret, that i’m not really pony or Fluttershy’s sister. The seven of us, wrapped in our hooves stood speechless while three fillies stood in front of us with their eyebrows raised. They all seemed somewhat angry but more confused on something that isn’t being told them.

Author's Note:

Sorry again, a lot happened yesterday and it didn't end in a good way but i'm still happy. Yeah might be a bit much on the picture and explanation part but it's how I wrote it out. Sorry if it bothers you but if you don't like that, just ignore or something. Not trying to sound mean but i'm running a little late on something. Next part will be on Monday, hope you'll like. Until then, see you later :)

P.S. Going to re-read my other stories and improve them, not sure when but just keep a look out on them. I already made changes on my first story on the first part.

Ok, gotta go bye!