• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 810 Views, 19 Comments

It's too Cheesy! - graceyadorable



Cheese Sandwich is a quiet and shy pony from Manehatten. He has strong child ambition to become somepony great. But he is to shy and scared to admit any of it. He later finds out how he can get every pony to know his name!

  • ...
6
 19
 810

Discovery

Lipton Green walked with Cheese Sandwich to Newbery’s Library. “You know I’m still upset that you didn’t tell me you were an orphan.” he said.

Cheese looked slightly guilty, “Yeah, I’m sorry about that it’s just…”

Lipton Green raised a hoof, cutting him off. “Listen, it doesn’t matter why you did it, I’m sure you had a good reason. What matters now is finding out who you are.”

“Yeah, but what do I do after that?” Cheese asked.

Lipton shrugged, “Who knows? Maybe we already know, I mean why else would you leave? You need to find who you are.”

Cheese paused, considering that. “Yeah I guess.”

“That’s the spirit kid.” Lipton said with a smile, “Now let’s get to the library. We don’t want to leave Newbery of all ponies waiting.”

Cheese shuddered, remembering what happened last time they’d shown up to the mare’s house late. “Alright, race you there?”

Lipton laughed, “Sure! Don’t worry I’ll g-” Suddenly he was cut off by a gust of wind. Lipton looked beside him, Cheese wasn’t there. He then looked in front of him, and saw a brown and orange dot on the horizon.
“Hey no fair!” He shouted, giving chase to the colt on a scooter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The library was silent as Cheese and Lipton watched Newbery mixing a potion. Unlike most unicorns, Newbery could get distracted rather easily.

Lipton impatiently tapped his hoof on the floor, “C’mon New, are you nearly finished?”

Newbery looked up from her brewing, “Just about…” Suddenly a poof of blue smoke came out of the vial, “now.” Twilight finished.

“So you can help me leave Manehatten?" Cheese asked.

“Not, right now! I am in the moment!” Newbery explained. Then her horn lit up. Cheese felt a sharp pain on his head because of his fall earlier.

“OW!” He complained, louder than expected, wincing and putting a hoof on the spot his head hurt the most.

“Sorry I am taking forever dear! Just one more moment!” Newbery said, not noticing the glare the orange colt was giving her.
Newbery dropped the the vial and a popping sound was heard, “Alright, then one more thing to do.” Newbery said. She grabbed the bottle and violently lifted it, throwing the contents into the air. When the potion was in the air, however, it dissipated into mist and hung in two separate spheres side by side. Then Newbery’s horn lit up like purple fire and two pink beams shot towards each sphere. Once the rays hit it disolved into the air above

Everypony stood still in shock at who they saw.

Lipton broke the silence, “Wait! What the heck was that?!”

Then Cheese popped up, “What was the whole point of that?”

Newbery knew the answer, but she was too mad to care. “Lipton, please take a letter!” She shouted.

“Sure thing Newbery!” Said Lipton now even more aggravated with the delay, rushed off to get parchment and a quill.

“This is going to be harder than I thought.” Newbery muttered under her breath.