• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 810 Views, 19 Comments

It's too Cheesy! - graceyadorable



Cheese Sandwich is a quiet and shy pony from Manehatten. He has strong child ambition to become somepony great. But he is to shy and scared to admit any of it. He later finds out how he can get every pony to know his name!

  • ...
6
 19
 810

Manehatten

"Oh Manehatten! What you do to me!" Cried Cheese Sandwich. The young colt had lived in the city all his life. He knew every corner and alley. But what he still didn't know was friendship. He had always been a very shy pony and afraid of crowds. He had always wanted to feel importent but never could figure out how. He had given up. Cheese had always blammed his shyness and fear from growing up in Manehatten. It wasn't the nicest place for a colt scared of his own shadow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Newbery Award gave Cheese a nervous look. While the rest of his classmates had gone off to the playground, Cheese was in the library. He just sat there, flipping through pages of a old history book, completely uninterested. Newbery did understand that some students just didn’t like playing outside, but Cheese had never been one to just give up on making friends. The unicorn pondered her attachment to the small colt, the concern librarian felt for him was strange, almost as if they had some kind of connection. He is a very likable pony but Cheese was to shy to let it out. She dismissed her earlier thoughts, but her concern for him stayed.

Newbery walked up beside Cheese and sat down, ‘Hey sport, is something wrong?” she asked.

Cheese Sandwich looked as guilty as a captured thief, “Ummm, no! What makes you think that?!” he unconvincingly lied.

“Well, for starters you’ve been reading the same book for the last thirty minutes.” Newbery said, smirking as Cheese got even more nervous.

“It’s uh… very interesting!” Cheese countered, giving an innocent smile.

“You’ve been flipping through the same chapter the entire time.” The unicorn deadpanned.

Cheese’s nervous smile slowly faded from her face, “Well, uh um I was uh…”

Newbery gave the colt a warm smile, “Listen, you don’t have to try and cover it up, I’m only trying to help.”

He sighed in resignation. “You know how Mrs. Creative told us we have to do a project on our family’s history?”

“Your class came here because of that.” Newbery reminded him.

“Well, you see I’m having some trouble with my project…” Cheese said, obviously leaving something out.

The mare laughed, “Is that it? Cheese you had me worried there! What kind of trouble is it, don’t know who to chose?”

“No…” Cheese said quietly.

“Can’t find a certain book?”

“No…”

“Having trouble with writing the report?”

“No, well a bit, but it’s not the problem…”

“Well then what is it?” Newbery asked, “Whatever it is, I’m sure I can help.”

“It’s a problem with my family itself, not the project.” Cheese admitted, feeling a bit better getting that off his chest.

Newbery on the other hoof felt worse for laughing earlier. “Oh, I’m sorry I didn't realize.” She said softly.

“It’s okay.”

She shook her head, “Is something happening between your parents?” she asked, this time is a more hushed tone.

Cheese took a deep breath, “The problem is that… that… I don’t have any parents, or family.”

Her eyes widened, “You’re an orphan?!”

Cheese Sandwich shoved a hoof into Newbery's mouth, “Shh! I don’t want anypony else to know!” He then looked around, when he saw that no one else was in the somber building.

Newbery's face went red, “Sorry about that, but why can’t you tell anypony?”

Cheese looked down at his hooves, “Well, The doctors said that my mom abandoned me at the hospital.” He started to cry a little.

Realization struck Newbery’s heart like a knife. It wasn’t very common for parents to abandon their foal in Equestria, but it still happens now and then. “I’m so sorry.” She said, draping a hoof over the young colt.

He shook her head, “Don’t apologize. It’s not your fault Newbery.”

Newbery hung her head. She wished there was something she could do. Wait, maybe there is something.

“Hey, I think there is something I can do.” She said.

“What?” Cheese replied, curious about what Newbery had to offer.

“Well, remember when we found out that Sweet Apple found the life she always wanted when she left Manehatten? She found her special somepony and is now pregnant with her third foal. Maybe you should venture out of the world you know and try to find who you really are!”

Cheese gave a little smile, “Of course, but what you? Won't you miss me?”

“I will.” Newbery explained, sadness hit her like a knife. She had always thought the young colt had somepony who loved him. But that wasn't the case.

Cheese's face brightened, “Really?! Could you come with me?”

“I will always be with you in here.” Newbery said, placing her hoof on the colt's chest where his tiny heart was beating rapidly. “Come to the library tomorrow and we talk some more.”

“Thanks Newbery! I won't disappoint you!” Cheese Sandwich said, embracing the librarian.

Newbery smiled, it always felt nice to give help to other ponies in need.

Author's Note:

I reused an old story at the format for this, thats why sometimes it kept saying twilight! Just some editing trouble!