• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 810 Views, 19 Comments

It's too Cheesy! - graceyadorable



Cheese Sandwich is a quiet and shy pony from Manehatten. He has strong child ambition to become somepony great. But he is to shy and scared to admit any of it. He later finds out how he can get every pony to know his name!

  • ...
6
 19
 810

Journey

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheese Sandwich rode down the path he always took to see Lipton Green. The colt knew he had to tell his idol the truth, as much as it pained him to do so. With a heavy heart he parked his scooter and walked up to Lipton, who was sitting on a hill waiting for him.

“Hey Lipton.” Cheese greeted, surprising the old pegasus.

“Hey Cheddar! Didn’t see you there.” Lipton said. Lipton had always called him Chedder because when Cheese was younger, he had a horrible stutter that made it hard for him to talk and even say his name right. When the old stallion first met Cheese, the foul pronounced his name as 'Cheddar Sandwich' and Lipton had been calling that ever since. It always made the colt smile to be around the stallion. Even when he would take long naps, Cheese was snuggled up beside him sleeping.

Cheese paused, he was meaning to tell Lipton his secret now. I’ll tell him after Cheese thought, dismissing his worries.

“You bet I am gonna get my cutie mark today! I’ve been working on my take off!” He said, excited to start but still distraught, “Its gonna look awesome on my flank!”

Lipton chuckled, “I’ll be the judge of that, show me.”

With that Cheese gave a pat on the back to Lipton to be there for him since he had no other pony.

But Lipton noticed the distraught in the colt’s eyes and gave him a sympathetic look, “Don’t worry, the only way to remedy any problem is to try again. You will get it”

Cheese smiled pulled himself up and with determination in his eyes, was sure to get a cutie mark today! Lipton was right, no matter how many times he fell she would get up and try again.
---------------------------------------------------------Two Hours Later----------------------------------------------
Cheese lay on the ground, panting like a dog in summer. His orange yellow coat was covered in sweat and his mane was covered in rocks.

“Had enough?” Lipton asked, hovering directly above Cheese.

“Yeah.” Cheese said, breathing heavily.

Lipton smiled, “Well I think you deserve a break, you’ve been working your tail off.”

Thanks.” Cheese replied,sitting himself up.

Lipton flew down and sat beside the small colt, draping a wing over him. They sat there for a few minutes when Cheese Sandwich broke the silence, “I haven’t been completely honest with you.” He said.

Lipton pulled his hug back in surprise, “What do you mean?”

“Well you see the reason I never introduced you to my parents is…”

Lipton’s mind was racing as fast as a sonic rainboom. He remembered when he had asked to meet Cheese’s parents, the colt had dodged the question until Lipton forgot about it. The memory came flooding back when Cheese mentioned it though. Lipton put the pieces together in his mind he assumed why the colt hadn’t introduced him."Wait, are your parents abusing you?” He asked, almost certain that it was the case.

“What?! No!” Cheese said, almost as surprised as Green was.

The old pegusus gave a sigh of relief, “Well then what is it?”

“I don’t have any parents.” The young earth pony admitted.

Lipton’s thought process came screeching to a halt, “You’re an orphan?!”

Cheese laughed a bit, “That’s exactly what Newbery did when she found out.”

“Hey! Why’d you tell New before me?!” Green asked, feeling a pang of betrayal.

Cheese just shrugged, “She wormed it out of me.”

“Heh, New can be kinda nosey sometimes.” Lipton chuckled.

“Yeah,” Cheese said, “but she told me she had a plan to help my problem!”

Lipton grinned, “That’s great squirt!”

“She told me to meet her tomorrow so I thought you could be there. But I would’ve asked you no matter what.” Cheese said, hugging Lipton

“Well what are we waiting for?” Lipton said, getting up, “Let’s go!”

Author's Note:

I know lipton is from the tea brand. I was drinking a bottle of it when writing this story and the reason why it accidentally kept saying Rainbow is because I am reusing and old story I have and I changed the names around. Forgot to change in some spots!