• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 1,106 Views, 32 Comments

Pinkie Pie at Canterlot High - Ponyess



I had seen Twilight off to Canterlot, I had also had a hoof in there, on the mirror. I wanted to actually see it with my own two eyes. I intend to be there. I had prepared, then I set up the Hooficure, just in time for the party.

  • ...
33
 32
 1,106

A Betrayed Interest: 7

Author's Note:

Sunset Shimmer's POV

I have seen little signs everywhere, like the strange nail polish everyone was sporting. Had it been just the original friends, or even a few of the girls, but it seems to go well beyond any reason, for all I could see.

Just like that silly tail and the silly pony ears last year, it was catching everyone by storm. None was able to withstand the challenge to stand against it. The trend moved further out than I thought possible.


Apparently, this new girl, looking all but identical to the one I had known as Pinkie Pie had some ideas for this time around. Just as Twilight Sparkle had, when she was here, even if she originally had little to no care for the Coronation I saw as mine, back then.

Twilight Sparkle had managed to win the hearts and minds of everyone, back then. Maybe I couldn't blame them. She had found an angle that spoke to them, something I couldn't offer them and had no understanding of, back at the time. She had played it out well, despite the best of my efforts, or it is what I had thought, back then. I really had no chance, as I look back at the time.

Maybe she had actually taught me something. For one, she proved beyond reason, the power of friendship and what it could do for you, when you really did need it the most, just as she had for her. In the end, she had had no trouble standing up to me, spiting me and turning everyone against me. I had no chance, even after I harnessed the power of the crown, the tiara, holding the power of the elements, the magic that had no place here at the Canterlot high.


I wanted to hate her, for how she had demonized me and made me look silly, in the eyes of everyone, the entire school. Only I soon realised, as much as I wanted to hate her, she still had taught me something. Maybe I shouldn't hate her, even if she had destroyed me and the places I had back then.

Now, here came her friend, another one, just like her. I guess I knew of her, even if I never quite got to know her in person. Maybe I never really had to, when I got to know the human version of her right here. Equestria doesn't seem to be my place. I have nothing left for me there, once Twilight Sparkle reported back to her dear Princess Celestia about me, which I knew she would.

At first, I had found the new trend just as silly and annoying as the one Rarity had restarted, back when Twilight came, last time. Maybe it was silly, back then. Maybe I was right about it, it still changes nothing about what the result ended to me or how it affected me and my plans.


For some reason, this time around the trend made me wish for what I knew I can never have, to go back to where I no longer belong. Is it nostalgia, am I feeling homesick, for the first time since I left Equestria? I hope not since there can be no place for me there.

What caught me of guard, is how this girl never came to take a crown, she just wanted to see the place and enjoy the party. Apparently, she had known it from her friend Twilight Sparkle, or it is how I assumed it would be. How she got to know, or what gave her the idea doesn't change anything, either for me, or anyone else, does it?

If this new Pinkie Pie is here, merely for a party, even if she is a friend of the Twilight Sparkle, and the girls who stale the crown from me, maybe I could try to look like a friend. Maybe she could actually teach me something. If so, I am here, ready to see what she had to show me.


The first step in this plan would be to allow her to give me the manicure and polish my nails. Didn't cost me anything, from what I had heard. She never asked for as much as a bit, or any favours in return. Strange girl, I had to admit. With ideas like that, I guess it could be hard to resist her friendship too.

She only needed the one day in order to convince all the girls to accept the offer, the manicure and nail polish. I had to give it to her, she had done a good job, looks awesome, if I had to confess. She seems to have every colour in the spectrum, and them some more. Matching the preferences and personalities with each and every girl whom she was approaching, by the looks of it. Who could top that of?


Once I noticed, even the boys had been convinced, I knew it is a lost battle not to accept, I was not born yesterday and I am not stupid. At least I still don't accept the notion. Whatever was she possibly up to?

From what I knew of the Pinkie Pie, the girl, she is always thinking of parties, in one way or the other. I had to assume this other one was the same. Although I guess I had to watch out for an angle here, it is how I see the world, how I think. Just as I am not sure I know her well enough to predict where she is going right now.

In the end, I had to see her. Maybe I could ask her a few discreet questions. Just after lunch seem the time. Although I guess there is a problem, which of the two would I approach. She had made it hard for me to tell them apart. Not only did both wear identical polish, which would be only too obvious, but they wear the same clothes, speak the same and in general look the same. She really knows what she is doing, or I am not as clever as I had liked to think I was.


What a shock? I had found them together. Both the Pinkie Pies sit together. Apparently talking about the upcoming event, the party that was about to take place in what, a day, was it. Although they both managed to have their lunch, eating up everything. As if they were about to lick their respective plates clean, like dogs. Still with time to spare. How ever did they manage to enjoy their lunch, have a marathon conference, both at the same time.

If I couldn't know who was who, maybe I could as well just ask them together? I would still learn, what I thought I wanted to know. All I need to know, that is.

“Pinkie?” I asked, standing by the cafeteria door as they both walked out.

“Aw, hiya, Shimmer!” they both exclaimed, looking at me, clearly recognising me.

There goes that plan, foiled before I had even considered what I was to ask, or knew who was which of them.

“I noticed, every girl seems to be thrilled about your manicure?” I started out lamely, maybe I could make her think less and thus babble more?

I guess she was good at talking fast on the spot, just saying what was on top of her head. If only I had known the accuracy of what she said.

“Ah yeah, they are. Couldn't blame them. They like to be prepared for the party and look their best!” came the reply.

Even if I was the last girl who had not had her manicure, at least most of the boys had not fallen under her spell. Particularly Snips and Snails had not mentioned going yet. I had seen them at lunch. Neither of them had been down at her little Artist Studio, back then.


“Hmm, what colour would you have for me?” I continued.

“A dark red, seems to go well with you and your personality!” Pinkie expressed.

“I guess I could go by a deep red, if I can choose the colour myself?!” I suggested.

“Wouldn't have it any other way. We do have a wide range of reds, one is bound to have your name on it!” Pinkie returned.

“Uh, I didn't know they came with names. Although if you have one in my colour, I guess you just peaked my curiosity!” I pondered thoughtfully.

--- --- ---