• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 1,106 Views, 32 Comments

Pinkie Pie at Canterlot High - Ponyess



I had seen Twilight off to Canterlot, I had also had a hoof in there, on the mirror. I wanted to actually see it with my own two eyes. I intend to be there. I had prepared, then I set up the Hooficure, just in time for the party.

  • ...
33
 32
 1,106

Over a Cup of Tea: 5

Author's Note:

Rarity's POV

Once inside, I led her to my small kitchen in the back of her boutique.

“A cup of tea did sound like an idea!” I declared.

“Knowing you, I trust in your expertise on teas, as well as the creation of the suits, even if I have some preferences!” Pinkie pointed out, in her usual random voice, for being the newly arrived pony, rather than the local girl.


It is just a bit hard to see the differences, even when I could see them side by side, knowing who was who. I guess they are truly the same, even if they are two versions of her. It is confusing from time to time, particularly when I see them side by side. Just standing there?

Maybe this part is more of Twilight's department? She is after all the Librarian, and the scientist of the group. On the other hoof, I imagine even she had a problem, dealing with the utter randomness of Pinkie Pie in the first place.

“From the Pinkie Pie I know, you should know teas, even if you are not quite as sophisticated as me. I have to stay on top of these things, if I want to have a chance on my field!” I responded.

“Sounds like the Rarity I knew. You're thriving on important events, like the one coming up. This should be a very special night for all of us!” she merely suggested with her usual grin on her face.


“There can only be one Rarity, and that is me. I'm the Canterlot Fashionista, you would know that just as well as every other around here and beyond!” I concluded.

“Which is why I turned to you first. You know what looks good, and we all know it. The party is in only two days. Once they see you, they follow you, wherever you go. I don't need to hunt them down!” she pointed out.

“Yes, the party is in two days. I have been working on the suits for weeks. I, we are going to be fabulous, stunning when the show begins. We all know that. Maybe I could create one for you too? Just a few small adjustments since we do not want to have you look as if she was your twin, more than you need to!” I responded.


“Since you have the measurements, just make mine pink, and shiny as if it had been made out of candy, instead of decorated with it? Oh, and just a heads up, I fear Sunset Shimmer will be delayed, on her way to the party. Just a hint, something I just picked up on, even if it hasn't happened yet. If you could put up a poster for me, I like them to know where I am since they will want my special treat, just as I gave you!” she pointed out.

“Certainly, you do look as if you would go by her measurements. I guess that could be arranged. She was delayed last year too, so I guess it would not be out of the blue, or anything? Just don't give me any details!” I stated firmly.


“I'll start with our friends, first. Then I'll take on as many as I can, out of the interested once. I predict I will have a riot on my hooves, just to get all squeezed into my schedule now. I will not say a word. She would not like to know before hoof? Besides, I have a few friends to give the Royal Treat, later today!” she responded.

“This will be the grandest of all of the Formals in the history of Canterlot. I am looking forwards to the first party where she will not ruin it. You have opened up for so much new for this time around. Your suit will be just as fabulous as I can make it for you!” I pointed out.

“Thanks to you, Rarity, they will all desire it by tomorrow. On the other hoof, who could blame them? We'll make this into an unprecedented joy for all who choose to attend. With the little time remaining for preparations!” she continued.

I could but blink at her strange vocabulary. Even if her friend Twilight Sparkle had had the same strange choices of words. I can't doubt the word that they are from the same place. Twilight Sparkle had explained the situation at the end, just before she had to leave us as the gate was closing.

“You are quite welcome, Pinkie Pie. You would know that I do almost anything for a good friend. You certainly are one of my closest friends, after all. If it wasn't strange to see Twilight Sparkle back then and you now, to see myself would still be stranger. I know, who would not want to look one's best? That is after all why I am creating the clothes the way I'm making them, just as I would imagine your Rarity would?” I interjected.


“It's a curious experience, coming here. Everyone is exactly the way I knew them from back home. Only now, not a Pony as far as my eyes could see. You know, I'm tempted to suggest that you follow me to where I live. As strange and confusing as you may find it there, you are sure to enjoy the trip. Only problem is that you have to be back within the three days, unless you are prepared to stay for thirty moons. I take it that would be a problem, right now?” Pinkie Pie pondered.

“In a manner of speaking, it is how we felt too, even if we did not know what was up, before she explained her situation. Naturally we helped her out, even before she told us. She managed to help us with a situation caused by Sunset Shimmer, back then. This time around I recognised you on the spot since I knew what to look for, even if you are very different from Twilight Sparkle in so many ways. A weekend could be fun, if it hadn't been for the Spring formal that is upon us right now. Thirty moons, that's more than I feel like waiting for!” I responded.

“Yeah, would be fun to have you with me back. Just can't see you leaving the party, before we had all the fun intended now. You have to graduate, before you can leave, so you'll just have to wait until next window of opportunity on this. If you are still interested by then, I'm sure my friends would be just as happy as I am to have you over. I'd have to throw you a party when you come too. It can't be avoided, you know!” she pointed out, grinning at me.

“That is how we felt back at the previous occasion, and we could not go then either. Maybe I can be here, next time. For now, we will just have to make the most out of the short days we have together. If your friends are anything like what you and Twilight Sparkle have shown me. Since both you and Twilight Sparkle are like the girls by the same name here, this is bound to be a trip worth taking!” I put forth.

“She told us all about how nice you were here, when she had to fetch her crown, when Sunset Shimmer had stolen it from her. You are all exactly as she had described you. Just the way I had imagined you, just by looking at my friends back home. Now we just have to finish our preparations of the party!” she pronounced.


“Yes, we have some more preparations to finish, I will have to finish your suit and you have to help our friends to prepare for the party. Before that, we can still have a cup of tea?” I concluded.

“Good thing you have an entire day to work on my suit and already have the measurements ready. There is still time for a cup of tea, please!” she responded.

I pour up tea for both of us, before I slowly sip on the hot brew. I really had to see her, where she lives, but now I'll have to wait another thirty moons until she could fetch me to come over. For now, I have her suit to finish and she had the hooficure of our friends to tend to, in order for us to be ready for the party. This certainly is bound to be the best party yet, maybe ever. Whatever was it she had been hinting at? She had mentioned the girl who had tried to ruin the previous party. Besides, why did she insist of keeping calling it hooficure, we all knew it is called manicure. Is it merely her typical antics and strange vocabulary, or was she hinting at something more?
--- --- ---