• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 1,106 Views, 32 Comments

Pinkie Pie at Canterlot High - Ponyess



I had seen Twilight off to Canterlot, I had also had a hoof in there, on the mirror. I wanted to actually see it with my own two eyes. I intend to be there. I had prepared, then I set up the Hooficure, just in time for the party.

  • ...
33
 32
 1,106

Rarity's Treat: 4

Pinkie Pie had messaged Rarity, just as we finished preparing for the party, that was to take place two days from now. She had told her to come over to the room I had made into my hooficure studio, even if she had spelled it 'Manicure', possibly out of ignorance since I never bothered to correct her mistake, in part because I figured she did not need to know.


Apparently Rarity had a moment over, so she had appeared in the room, not more than some thirty minutes later.

“You made a fabulous job at the hall for the festivities!” she burst out, after greeting me.

“A Pinkie Pie Collaboration, so it is Pinkie Pie Squared!” I teased her.

“I guess it makes sense, in a senseless Pinkie Pie manner of ways?” Rarity put forth.

“If you sit down, so I could give you the promised treat. Once they see how good it looks on you, I predict everyone will love it for themselves!” I predicted.


“Finally, something that makes sense. Since everyone knows me and how fabulous I am, they will like to follow my example. I hope you can handle manicure, like the text suggested!” she indicated.

“I know Pinkie Pie may not be the expert on these things, but you saw how good she looks on your way over?” I enquired.

“Oh, but of course I did see her. That's the best I had ever seen her. Even if I'm not into pink, like her. I am a bit more fashionable and sophisticated than that!” she pointed out.

“I had anticipated it. I have a selection of quality lacquers to choose from. One of them is sure to catch your fancy?” I suggested, indicating the available choices, including a deep purple, that should go well with her as well.

“I can see that you have put some effort in a selection. You're quite correct. These should be good for anyone who chooses to accept your gracious offer. I'd look just as fabulous as I had expected!” she pointed out, indicating her choice as she pointed at the purple veil, just as I had predicted, but I knew her taste already.


“Since I take it, you know how a manicure works, I'm getting straight to it!” I pointed out.

She had placed her hands before me, so I started out with her right hand, only slipping the veil of base coat open, before I started with the thumb of her right hands, from the top, all the way down, then alternating right and left, in a measured five strokes, covering nothing, but the entire nail, before moving on to the next nail, repeating the process, and then the next, until I had finished the fifth nail.

I let go of the hand, before I moved to the left, as she slipped her hands into the device designed to cure the polish, or gel as it is more to the point.

Then I started over with the thumb nail, from the top and down, alternating right and left in the same five strokes. Once I had finished the left hand, she pulled the right out. Naturally all of the nails now cured fully. She held her hand up, looking at the nails critically as I capped the base coat, and picked the next vial, before I started over with the thumb of her right hands.


“The polish looks only slightly shiny, but as a base coat, it was never expected to shine!” she suggested.

“Exactly, it is only meant to bind to the nail for a base for a quality manicure!” I responded.

She nodded approvingly.

Then I continued by painting her right thumb, from the top and centre, and alternating right and left. Once I had finished the fifth nail, she presented me the left hand, and I repeated the process.

“The purple you indicated earlier?” I enquired in order to make certain I had gotten her correctly.

“Yes, exactly!” she responded.

Since the miniature finger hooves had now cured, I picked the purple of her choice, and promptly started to paint her thumb nail, from the top centre, and alternating right and left. Finger by finger, her hooves was cared for, soon looking brilliant in deep purple.

She soon presented me her left hand, and I started over with her thumb. From the top centre, alternating right and left. I guess I did enjoy this royally. Even if she had not yet realised the effect this was to have on her, once this polish finally was completed and cured.


Maybe it had not changed enough for her to notice? Just like with Pinkie Pie, I had applied the hoof polish all the way up to the joint, and as far out as to make it a full miniature finger hoof.

As she finally handed me the right hand, I started to apply the top coat, thus sealing the effect in. Starting with the top, centre, alternating right and left, until I had covered the entire hoof, and nothing but. Continuing, finger by finger, polishing hoof by hoof.

Then she placed her hand in the device, curing the top coat, as I started on her left hand. Starting over on the final run, with the left thumb. From the top, alternating left and right, finger by finger, hoof by hoof.

“How does it look?” I asked her, as she pulled her left hand out, as the polish had cured fully.

“Adorable. Utter gloss. I certainly can show up at the party, looking like this. Now I just need to create the suit to wear, and for all seven of us, even if I had initially planned for just six, but that's before you showed up!” she cooed.


“How about going over the designs of the suits over a cup of tea? Even if I may not be the expert of either fashion, or making suits, I'm sure we could both enjoy the company. Then you could ask the rest of our friends about the finer details later? I know you have the accessories in a firm grip!” I suggested.

“Sounds like an idea!” she agreed.

She was eager to look into what to wear since it was her part in life in the first place. I could enjoy the tea, and she is my friend after all. She's still the Rarity I knew from back home. I was quite sure she knew me just as well, in part from what Twilight Sparkle had told her about me, when she was here earlier, for the Fall Formal.

--- --- ---