• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 777 Views, 68 Comments

Helpless Child - SUPERCHARGER2001



I use to wonder, you know? Dream I guess you could say, yeah, I use to dream and believe and just throw my hopes up and assume I’ll know what to do, but now…all I want is to sleep, not hope anymore, or think, or believe, I just want some

  • ...
4
 68
 777

The Beautiful Days...

Author's Note:

This story was literally based off my cousins EP he released on this one site called Bandcamp.com I believe,

If you guys are into Drone music, check this out. This is the music me and him are going to be creating since I'm a drummer now!!!!!

Self Loath

I also like to thank Minus Something and The Beautiful Days songs by Swans because it was those two and the EP that inspired this whole thing, it took about an hour and a half to write. I hope you enjoy and I want your opinion if this story should continue or not.

My last thank you is to Nightwolf289 and Regidar for their recent dark fics that inspired me to create this piece, thank you guys.

Mr GrimdarK and Rotorix! You better read this!

Oh, yes! Please give some feedback everyone! I would so gladly appreciate it!

I paint myself with guilt.


I wreak of deceit.


I feel overwhelmed, no, I…I…I’m okay, right? Or why I shouldn’t be? I mean, if not for the sake of myself, than for the sake of ponies around me. I’m okay, I can handle this.


I sit there and watch at the sun burning into a thousand explosions every second of the day until night nestles into the sky.


Wave of defeat, wave of pity, and I’m lost, I don’t understand why the world doesn’t understand the problems that lay beneath me? Why can’t the world take these problems for granted, why can’t the ponies around me take these problems for granted? Why am I taking these problems for granted when they aren’t normal, no…wait, normal? That’s an odd word.


Normal shouldn’t feel this right, normal shouldn’t have to mean that you are an equal with your surroundings, why is normal so different from the unusual?


Unusual…such a work of art when somepony says it, so many variables and theories that watch you as you try to uncover the definition of unusual in your head.


You sit there, you sit there and ponder with the unexplained, you sit there with those starry eyes and watch as the sun burns, the sun burns with a burning passion of harmony and love.


Harmony and love? Such preposterous terms and yet, so thrilling to speak of, or imagine, or gaze to, or fade to, so many meanings to love and loathe for.


Self Loathe, self-hate, self-pity, and self-seduction. Seduction to your own destruction.


What makes somepony love to watch their minds topple over their own pity?


Why won’t anypony understand? Why won’t anything understand, the world is crying, the world is spinning and the cries grow older, why can’t I cry?


I have to be stronger, I can’t go back, I have to be better, like a solider that marches away, I have to be better for worse, its like I'm minus something, you know?


I paint myself with self-guilt, I paint myself with hate, and why can’t I tell my friends that I hate them as much as I hate myself.


The sun beams out and brightens up the light in my darkness, the light shines out the cold black, and the ponies that call down upon myself are just plain noise.


The hollow digs me under, and cover me with dirt. The darkness covers me with Tartarus, while the bleak monotonous drone tears me into asunder. The glooming gaze of night sets in and I’m stuck with those jarring thoughts of emptiness.


The splitting, distorted thoughts still linger and tear my head into pieces, my brain feels cooked and burnt to a crisp while the palm of my hooves are stained and dirtied with mud.


Shame on you.


I look at what could have been, I look at my friends and think how great they are and what am I to them? It’s easy to think positive just as it is easy to think of yourself as negativity, you can try and scan the errors of your wrong doings over and over until you feel satisfied, but in the end what do you achieve? What do you gain besides that self-pity?


The old stories of the great Nightmare Moon were childish and fun to hear as you were put to bed, but they were soon dismissed as fairy tales after a while.


You’re self-esteem and your courage to bring about your personal weaknesses is delusional and a complete ploy to grow up, but really…


See? I think too much, maybe not somepony like Twilight Sparkle, but I over exaggerate on a few things with myself. Whether it be my family, my body, my looks, or my voice. That damn southern accent, gosh I hate it. I just hate it, I even make up words or slangs as I go along and it pains every time I hear somepony take a crack at my accent. I can’t help it, and I can’t stop what I’ve been doing for so long. These days, my family just bores me and my friends seem repetitive.



I remember the days when I use to be just free, and do whatever I felt like doing, or ask anypony around to give me some insight on whatever they were doing, or teach me something new that never stuck with the family trade that we all became so accustomed to. I was always fond of Rarity and Sweetie Belle, how easy and more simple their lives must seem, all they focus on is silly clothes and that damn cat I never liked, but none of them would ever know about it. They probably wondered the same thing about us, and how we look more friendly and joyous about everything, but really, they don’t know and they don’t understand. Hypocritical am I?


I’m a helpless child, I’m a helpless pony that needs something in her life.


When I look back, all I want to see is fond memories and that is what I get, but I know that something within those lines twisted and had bent out of shape because now I often contemplate self-destruction.


I watch as the gloomy sky is glazed with a million bright stars filling our universe up to the brim with eternal light. I watch as the smooth edges of the puffy white clouds get shaved off and bounced back by its surrounding competitors all striving to produce a bigger success than meets the eye. The eclipse of the sun is ending and the future begins tomorrow.


Tomorrow seems so far and beyond but really, it stands in front of our face and we can’t bear to notice because we don’t want the current to end.


My sister tells me that we were going to need buckets of water soon because the pipes under our home are rusted and need professional fixing. So I offered to get the bucket of water and my journey is quicker than I anticipated, I look over the blue river bubbling at the edge before it trickles down into the depths below, the unsung hero that has made this town possible, the hero that asks for nothing in return but to enjoy its company as we feed off it.


My name is Apple Bloom and all I want to do is admire my own self-destruction.