• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 1,432 Views, 48 Comments

Peewee and Spike's Ponyville Adventures - AbstractThought



A series of skits starring everyone's favorite young phoenix and dragon.

  • ...
0
 48
 1,432

The Great Switcheroo–Part 5

Part 5

Peewee sat fearfully in the bathtub as Twilight furiously scrubbed all the soaked surfaces in the room with six different scrubbers, all while muttering things under her breath that Peewee probably shouldn’t have been around to hear. The young fledgling felt a curious desire to fiddle with his new appendage, but he didn’t want to risk getting Twilight even madder at him (if that was even possible), so he just sat as still as a statue, if the statue were wet and not anything like a statue at all.

Eventually, after what felt like minutes, Twilight finished her cleaning and put away the cleaning supplies. “Okay,” she began with a calm that belayed a massive storm, “now that that’s over with, I can clean you up…” She used her magic to lift Spike’s body out of the bathtub. “…switch you back…” She levitated a towel and wiped it all over his body with furious speed and thoroughness. “…and get you out of my mane once and for all!”

“But…”

“But nothing!” she screeched, meeting his eyes with a glare that was this close to unleashing heat vision. “You have been nothing but trouble ever since you came here! First it was the poop, then it was the burning, and now this?! I…I can’t even, okay?! I can’t even think of a good word to finish that sentence, and I got perfect grades in grammar and linguistics! When this is all over and done with, I want you out of here! You got that?!”

Peewee remained silent.

“Well?!”

“…Why do you hate me?” Peewee whimpered, tears coming to Spike’s eyes.

Seeing Spike’s face contorted in anguish quickly extinguished the flame growing on Twilight’s mane. “I don’t hate you, Peewee,” she assured him with a sigh. “I just…sometimes you just drive me crazy! It feels like I can’t turn my back on you for two seconds without you causing some kind of trouble!”

“I don’t mean to cause trouble, honest!” Peewee replied. “I’m just trying to have fun and do the right thing! I guess…I’m just a poophead. A smarty-pants like you…no wonder you don’t like an idiot like me…”

“Oh, I don’t think you’re an idiot,” Twilight said, placing him back on the floor and giving him a calming stroke on his head. “You’re just young and naïve. Believe me, I had to deal with Spike being naïve and troublemaking when he was younger. If Celestia hadn’t figured out how to make his fire send things to her instead of burn them, who knows if I’d still be able to read books?”

Peewee couldn’t help but giggle at that, and, to his surprise, Twilight giggled along with him. “So…are we cool now?”

“As long as you promise to learn more about social norms and try to be more considerate about other feelings, I believe we can be,” she said with a smile. “I used to have a lot of trouble with that myself, so I can understand…”

“Used to?” Peewee scoffed. “Yeah, right!”

Twilight’s smile fell to the floor with a clatter. “Excuse me?”

“Well, you’re not always considerate of Spike!” Peewee cried with a stomp of Spike’s foot. “You make him do things you could easily do yourself, making it so we can’t spend as much time together! No offense, but it’s really hard to bond over chores, no matter how much your dad insists that cleaning the nest as a family is the true path to happiness…”

“Hey, Spike likes being my assistant!” Twilight defended. “He’s happy to help and I respect him very much for it!”

“Respect, huh?” Peewee shot back with a sarcastic eyebrow raise that would have made Spike proud. “Is that why you made him sleep in that dinky basket? I’ve slept in a bundle of twigs and even I know that’s bogus!”

“Hey, he doesn’t mind sleeping in a basket!” Twilight insisted, Spike’s eyebrow causing her annoyance to rise, as well as any self-respecting eyebrow should have. “He’s slept in them ever since he was a baby!”

“Really? I didn’t know he was still a baby,” Peewee said, sarcasm levels rising to near bursting levels. “Spike’s the only baby I know who doesn’t drink from a bottle or have his food chewed for him! He’s the only baby I know who does more work than their caretaker and writes a successful comic book! He’s the only baby I know who’s saved Equestria AND all the comic book worlds out there! Boy, if he can do all that as a baby, I can’t wait to see what he can do once he becomes a…non-baby! You really are the best princess ever for raising the best baby ev–”

“Alright, I get it!” Twilight snapped, then with a reluctant sigh, continued, “You’re right, Peewee. Spike’s not a baby anymore. I guess…I guess I’m just so used to looking over Spike whenever Celestia was too busy to do so…feeding him, teaching him, tucking him in…I really enjoyed being able to babysit him.”

“Even when he made messes?” Peewee asked.

“Okay, maybe not then,” Twilight conceded with a giggle. “Still…I really enjoyed it when Cadance babysat me, so I guess I just took it for granted that Spike would love it when I got to. The difference is…Cadance eventually let me go…but I never did with Spike…some babysitter I am…” She felt her eyes start to mist over and she closed her eyes in an attempt to collect herself, until she felt a familiar claw touch the back of her neck.

“It’s okay,” Peewee assured with a smile. “It’s not too late to treat Spike like the growing up guy he is. It’ll give him the chance to really fly… uh, figuratively. After all, my parents were willing to let me leave the nest, and look how I turned out!”

“Cooped back up in your old nest?” Twilight said in her well-refined snarky tone.

“Exactly!” Peewee gave a wide grin he never could as a phoenix. I’m definitely gonna miss being able to do that…

Twilight was now helpless against the giggles as they consumed her rational mind…up until they got bored a few seconds later and went off to hang out with Pinkie Pie again. “Alright, you’ve made your point,” she said once she regained control of herself. “I’ll stop treating Spike like a baby, but that means you’re going to start getting some personal lessons from me so you don’t cause trouble like you have before. Deal?”

After a few moments of contemplating the possibilities of Spike becoming a man and Peewee getting all the fun squeezed out of him, the phoenix-in-a-dragon’s-body nodded Spike’s head and said, “Deal!” He then held out Spike’s arms and gave some pretty impressive puppy-dog eyes. “Hug?”

Twilight responded by pulling Spike’s body into her front legs and giving Peewee a warm embrace. “Hug.”

And the world contracted diabetes. Again.

----------

“Oh, Spikey-Wikey!” Rarity gushed as she held the young dragon in her front legs. “Why did you wait so long to tell me how you felt? We could have had so much kissy-time together!”

“Well, it’s not too late to kiss now, is it?”

“Of course not! Come here, you handsome dragon you!”

And the pony and dragon finally kissed after all these years.

Spike could only stare at the scene going on before him and cry out in agony.

“CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!”

----------

“SPIKE!”

“NO PEEWEE THAT’S NOT HOW YOU KISS…huh?” Spike looked around and noticed Twilight and his old body staring at him. “Uh…”

“We’re ready to switch you two back now,” Twilight informed him. “You ready to get back into your old body?”

Spike gave a nod, not looking too cheered up about it for some reason.

“Hey, you don’t have to worry, Spike!” Peewee assured him. “Twilight and I made up and she finally likes me! Isn’t that just miraculous?”

Twilight responded with a roll of the eyes and a quick giggle. “You want to know what else, Spike? Once you’ve gotten your old body back, you won’t have to do any chores you don’t want to anymore!”

Spike felt his spirits grow wings at that. “Really?”

Twilight didn’t know how to speak bird, but she got the gist of what Spike said by the way his face almost literally lit up. “As long as you take the extra time to work on your comics, you’re off the hook. And what’s more, you’ll be getting your bedroom with your own bed! That’s right, no more having to sleep in that little basket by my bed. You’re getting too big for that sort of thing, so it’s about time that I stopped treating you like a baby and started letting you grow up.” Twilight’s smile turned wistful and she stroked a hoof over Spike’s little phoenix head. “Even if I’ll miss those old days…”

Spike felt Peewee’s body grow warmer than ever as he basked in the stroking and the sweet deal he was getting for a change. He flew up to Twilight and gave her head an enthusiastic hug. “Oh, thank you so much, Twilight!”

Twilight gave another giggle and levitated him back onto the table. “Easy now, don’t celebrate just yet! We still have to get you back in your own body. Now,” she asked, turning to face him and Peewee, “are you two ready to return to your old bodies?”

Spike gave a chirp and a nod.

“I’m gonna miss being in this body,” Peewee responded, “but Spike needs it more than I do. I mean, just imagine trying to write comics in my body!”

“You won’t have to once I’ve given you enough writing lessons!” Twilight said with an enthusiastic beam.

“Uh, yay!” Peewee replied with a not-so-enthusiastic beam.

Twilight took a deep breath so she could get herself into the zone: the “magic zone,” as she so uncreatively called it. “Alright, now just hold still for a minute and everything can go back to normal…or as normal as things get around here at least.” With that, she charged up her horn and readied her spell…but just as she fired it, she felt a pair of claws wrap around her horn and felt the residual magic go haywire. “GAH!”

There was another blinding flash of light…

----------

“Ugh…why is Twilight’s magic always so bright?” Spike griped as he rubbed his hands against his eyes, only stopping when he suddenly realized, “Hey…I have my hands again!” He opened his eyes and sure enough, he was back in his old body again! “Woohoo! Spike the dragon is back, baby!”

“And so is Peewee the phoenix!” Peewee added from the table he was now on. “…Sorry for the trouble I caused in your body.”

“Aw, it’s okay, little buddy!” Spike said as he gave Peewee a hug that felt good to give again with his own arms. “I know you were just trying to have fun and help me out with Rarity. Heck, I probably would’ve done the same if I was in your situation!”

“Really? Even the part where I messed up the bathroom?”

Thankfully, Spike was spared from having to answer that as a series of frantic shouts rudely interrupted the conversation. He and Peewee looked over and saw Owlowiscious flopping on the floor and cursing like someone had taken and eaten his dessert right in front of him, and also turned him into a fish.

“Yeesh, what’s up with Owlowiscious?” Spike had to ask.

“I don’t think I should be hearing the things he’s saying!” Peewee chimed in.

“My goodness…” Everyone turned to face Twilight, who was gazing at her body in an oddly fascinated way. “So this is what it feels like to be Miss Twilight…”

Spike and Peewee stopped dead at that remark. “No way…” they both said.

“Owlowiscious!” the owl on the floor screeched. “What were you thinking?! You should know not to mess with my horn when I’m casting a spell!”

“My apologizes, Miss Twilight,” the alicorn responded, “but I had to make use of the footnote on page 148 of Star Swirl’s Spectacular Spell Soliloquies Vol. 1.”

“You actually remember that footnote?” Twilight felt a tear come to Owlowiscious’s eye at that. “I’m so proud of you...or at least I would be, if you didn’t use it to hijack my body! Why on earth would you do such a thing?!”

“Because I had to teach you an important lesson,” Owlowiscious admonished. “You were willing to brainwash Peewee to make him conform more with what you thought he should be, and that’s simply appalling! Did you ever think to consider how he’d feel about that?! In fact, none of this would have happened to begin with if you hadn’t sunk to that level!”

Twilight froze as that realization sunk in. Doesn’t that just figure? “Okay, I admit, I was out of line,” she said reluctantly. “But does that really justify taking me out of my body?!”

“Not to worry,” he assured him. “If you recall the rest of the footnote, we’ll only be in each others’ bodies for the rest of the day. That should be enough time to get the idea of what you put dear Spike and Peewee through, I believe.”

Twilight groaned and buried Owlowiscous’s head in his wings. “I can’t believe I’m being punished and lectured by my own owl…”

“Don’t worry, Twilight!” Peewee flew up to Twilight and gave the owl body a warm hug. “You won’t have to stay on the floor! I’m make sure you learn how to fly again and be the best owl a pony can be!”

“Oh, joy…”

End of Part 5

Comments ( 7 )

Here we go again.

Ha. Ha. Haha. Ha.
Glorious, AT. Just brilliant. I love the way your mind works.

4017045

Thanks! I love the way my mind works too! :derpytongue2:
No, but I'm glad I can continue to entertain. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next! :twilightsmile:

4258386

Thanks! I've had a lot of fun having them interact. I loved seeing Owlowiscious and Spike doing that rhythm thing while Dash was rocking her stool, though it's a real shame Peewee wasn't there to join along. I know they would've been a fun trio...
Also, sorry I haven't updated this story in a while. Once I get through with my current semester, I plan to finish the current arc in this series. I hope you enjoy it!

4873913

Thanks! I'm glad I can entertain you! I wish you the best with your stories!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was laughing so damn hard and now it's over....I think. I seriously hope it's not over, I was having so much fun. Awesome story. Can't wait for more.

Need more!!!! Please?

Login or register to comment