• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 1,431 Views, 48 Comments

Peewee and Spike's Ponyville Adventures - AbstractThought



A series of skits starring everyone's favorite young phoenix and dragon.

  • ...
0
 48
 1,431

Spike and Peewee Save All the Days

“Wow…” Peewee sat in awe at the latest adventure Spike had shared with him. “You and your friends really got to be superheroes?!”

“You bet we did!” Spike replied, pacing in excitement until it hit him with the force of a bucket, freezing him in place. “Wait…how can I understand you?”

“I dunno,” Peewee said with a shrug. “Magic?”

“Wait! I got it!” Spike exclaimed with a snap of his fingers, something Peewee wished he could do, if only he had fingers to snap. “I remember it was mentioned in a trivia section at the end of one Power Ponies issue that Humdrum does have one superpower: the ability to talk with birds. Of course, since the Power Ponies never go anywhere with birds, that ability never gets to be useful, just like Humdrum…”

“Hey, while we’re on the subject,” Peewee cut in, “if this Humdrum guy is so useless, why does he still go on all of their adventures instead of humming or drumming or whatever he’s good at?”

“So he can be the comic relief,” Spike grumbled. “Anyway, it looks like I somehow managed to keep Humdrum’s powers of bird communication! Isn’t this great? Now you don’t have to write me notes to talk with me!”

“Yay!” Peewee cheered. “Thank goodness for that, because writing always hurt my beak and talons whenever I did it for too long.” He then gasped as an idea slapped him upside the head with the strength of something that wasn’t a bucket. “Ooh, can we do superhero stuff together? I’ve always wanted to fight crime and save the day as your sidekick!”

“Well, it would be fun,” Spike said uncertainly, “but I just want to make sure you handle yourself in a fight.”

“I sure can!” Peewee assured his dragonly brother. “I managed to escape a herd of teenage dragons AND I set a timberwolf on fire! Of course, I’m sure you’ve managed to burn all the timberwolves in the Everfree Forest by now!”

“Heh heh…sure, why not?” Spike replied as he rubbed the back of his head, partly out of nervousness and partly to take care of an itch there. “Well, in that case, I’d love to go heroing with you!”

“WOO!” Peewee rocketed around the room with joyous energy, all while singing the theme song he’d thought up for them: “Peewee and Spike are gonna save the day! Bad guys will say ow while the good guys say hooray!”

Spike laughed at Peewee’s enthusiasm and awesome theme song. “Boy, you sure are excited! Well, what are we waiting for then? Let’s go get some enchanted comics!”

“Yay!” Peewee shouted in glee. “We’re two enthusiastic young boys who are gonna save everything! This will be a piece of cake! Ooh, I hope it’s chocolate cake!”

----------

In a world where any creature can talk and any work of fiction inside the fictional world can be entered with the right enchantment, two mythical creatures that are considered too young to be cool are going to show everyone that they can be super awesome heroes like the best of them! Stepping up to the plate as Equestria’s latest comic-hopping superhero duo are:

“Snapdragon, the dragon who can breathe anything and snap his fingers!”

And his trusty sidekick:

“Powwee, the phoenix who can super fly and super cute!”

Together they will travel the comic book multiverse to solve everyone’s problems, geek out over meeting their favorite heroes and villains, and complain about continuity and character errors, all in the name of justice, friendship, and free food! And they won’t stop until they’ve gotten their grimy little claws in every comic book in Equestria!

----------

Spike staggered back inside the library while Peewee lied on top of his head ridge, the two of them exhausted from a busy day of heroing.

“Wow…what a day…” Spike gasped as he collapsed belly first onto the floor.

“You…said it…Spike…” Peewee added, his mouth as dry as the rice crackers ponies had kept giving him, apparently under the impression that he was an orange parrot who can spit fire rather than an orange phoenix who can spit fire.

“I still can’t believe we manage to take down every single villain in every enchanted comic in Equestria!” Spike breathed.

“Hey…what’d I tell you?” Peewee said with an affectionate pat to Spike’s head. “You’re awesome!”

“Aww, shucks, Peewee!” Spike felt his cheeks turn red and his stomach turn bluish-green. “I couldn’t have done it all without you! After all, I wasn’t the one who managed to stop the Sandblaster by luring that giant cat to use him as a litterbox!”

“Well, what can I say?” Peewee replied, his chest puffing out as best it could, considering it was low on breath and pressed against Spike’s head ridge. “I have a way of appealing to cats’ tastes.”

The two of them shared a light laugh, then Peewee crawled off of Spike’s head ridge onto his claws so they could share a well-earned hug. They kept their embrace for several minutes until they heard a familiar voice ask from behind them, “What are you two doing on the floor?”

“Hey Twi,” Spike groaned. “We’re too tired to move. Been busy beating all the comic book baddies.”

“Mhm,” Peewee confirmed softly.

“Yeah, about that…” Twilight said as she lifted them with her magic and placed them on their special armchair. “I was just talking with Enchanted Comics, and it looks like they’re about to go out of business.”

Spike and Peewee felt their energy return quite quickly at Twilight’s words. “WHAT?!”

“Yeah, apparently since you solved all the conflicts in the comics, that means there’s no more conflict they can use for later comics,” Twilight explained. “Conflict is a key part of any story, after all.”

“But…comics are an essential part of my boyhood!” Spike cried. “Why am I being punished for helping out my favorite fictional characters?!”

“The universe is so mean!” Peewee huffed with a cross of his wings.

“Don’t worry, Spike, there is a bright side in this situation,” Twilight assured him with a smile. “Enchanted Comics was impressed by your heroics and offered you a position as an official story writer!”

“Wha–really?!” Spike felt wings grow inside his spirit (though sadly they had yet to grow outside his body). “I seriously have a chance to create stories for all my favorite comics?!”

“The universe is so nice!” Peewee cheered.

“Well, they figured a devoted fan who’s intimately familiar with all the inner works of their worlds would be able to offer some fresh material,” Twilight said. “Also, they pretty much admitted they had run out of original ideas, so this is really convenient for them.”

“Oh, thank you so much, Twi!” Spike gave the former victim of lavender unicorn syndrome a great big hug, while Peewee gave her horn a greatish little hug.

“You’re welcome, Spike,” Twilight giggled. When they let go of the hug, she added, “Oh, and there’s one more big surprise I’ve got for you!”

“Is it a date with Rarity?” Spike asked hopefully.

“Is it cookies shaped like me?” Peewee suggested.

“Even better! It’s…” A flash of magic, and a not-so-small stack of papers now stood beside Twilight. “…a stack of forms you get to help me with!”

Spike stared blankly and gave a flat “What,” one so flat, it didn’t even merit the use of a rising inflection normally indicated in writing by a question mark. Twilight would balk at the breach of grammar, but she’s not the boss of this story, is she?

“Well, if you’re going to have a job as a writer, it’s better to get any important chores out of the way first, right?” Twilight offered with a winning smile that failed to win over either of the boys before her. “Now come on, I have a lot to do as a princess, and princesses never do paperwork by themselves! Rarity taught me that!” With that, she levitated her stack of papers to the desk and trotted over, quill and inkwell at the ready.

“Et tu, Rarité?” Spike gasped with a theatrical grasp of his heart.

“Spike, is the universe bipolar?” Peewee asked nontheatrically.

“Sure feels that way,” Spike said with a resigned sigh.

“I can fix this!” Peewee took a deep breath and spit a nice little fireball at the stack of papers, setting them ablaze, with Twilight’s mane soon to follow. “Another conflict solved!”

Spike saw a telltale twitch develop on Twilight’s face and said, “Uh…I wouldn’t say that.” With a newfound burst of energy, he grabbed Peewee and jetted out the front door, with a raging alicorn in pursuit. “Conflict to be concluded!”

The End