• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 1,431 Views, 48 Comments

Peewee and Spike's Ponyville Adventures - AbstractThought



A series of skits starring everyone's favorite young phoenix and dragon.

  • ...
0
 48
 1,431

The Great Switcheroo–Part 3

Part 3

It was a truly wonderful day to be able to roam freely about, especially for a certain young phoenix in a dragon’s body. Peewee was celebrating his romp the best way he new how: by skipping merrily down the street (something he’d always wanted to do but never had the legs to do so) and singing a merry song:

I’m a dragon, I’m a dragon!
I am totally a dragon!
I can have so much fun
While being a dragon!

I have arms with fingers
I can eat shiny rocks
And my fire’s all magical
Because I am a dragon!

It was a truly glorious song, especially coming from Spike’s vocal chords. Peewee didn’t mind that the lyrics had no structure or that the ponies he passed by were giving him strange looks; he was having the time of his life! Or…Spike’s life, maybe? He decided not to dwell on that again, considering how much it made Spike’s head hurt.

He had been skipping and singing for about a minute when he noticed another voice had joined his singing. Confused, Peewee opened Spike’s eyes and saw Pinkie Pie bouncing alongside him, echoing his lyrics with a cheery smile, despite them not applying to her.

Peewee felt Spike’s body skid to a stop. “Uh…hello?”

“Hello!” Pinkie said in her usual chipper tone filled with enough sugar to give a full-grown Ursa Major diabetes. “It’s great to see you having fun outside again! You’ve been so busy with your comics I was worried you’d been sucked into them again and I’d have to save you as Fili-Second or whoever is in your comics!”

“Heh, that’s a fun idea, but nope!” Peewee responded. “I decided to take a break from my comic that I’m writing cause I’m Spike of course, and I was hoping I could get some sweets to celebrate?”

“Absolutely-flutely!” Pinkie answered, her smile gleaming with surprisingly white teeth for a pony whose diet must have been at least 50% sugar. “Come with me and ol’ Pinkie Pie will get you set up with the usual!”

“Oh boy!” Peewee said excitedly. “Can I ride on your back?”

“Of course!” The pink pony grabbed Spike’s body with her front hooves and placed it on her back, oblivious to the amount of physics she broke in the process. “Ride ‘em, cowpoke!” With that, she bounced back toward her place of residence and party planning, Sugarcube Corner. Peewee found the ride there to be a little more uncomfortable than expected, due to the constant bouncing. It was fast and exciting, but it wasn’t easy on Spike’s crotch, and getting hit there stung more then it did in his old body for some reason. He could still feel Spike’s head bouncing up and down when Pinkie was done with her bouncing, only really noticing it was over when he found himself seated at a table.

“Ahem!” Peewee turned and saw Pinkie dressed in a waiter suit she got from who knows where except her, holding a tray with a shiny blue cupcake on it. “One sapphire-studded chocolate cupcake for the young writer!” she said in a surprisingly good fancy tone as she lowered the tray onto the table.

“Yay!” The eager phoenix-in-a-dragon’s-body lunged forward and stuffed the cupcake in Spike’s watering mouth. He could feel Spike’s taste buds burst into colorful fireworks upon contact with the sweet bejeweled pastry. “Mmm!” Peewee gushed again, this time one worthy of forty M’s. “Sweet sweetness in such a sweet package! Thank you so much, Pinkie!”

“Not a problem, little guy!” Pinkie replied in her normal voice. “I’d love to stay and hang out with you, but I’ve got a 'I Filed My Taxes for the First Time' party to plan! I’ve gotta get some tax-filing related decorations and a lawyer to read the fine print! Catch ya later, Peewee!” With that said, she zoomed out the door, her waiter outfit remaining where she used to be for some reason until it fell to the ground a couple of seconds later.

Peewee sat there basking in the aftermath of the sweet sensation he had experienced, only for a harsh realization to snap him rudely back into reality. Wait…how did she know it was really me?! I look and act just like Spike…what could have given it away? He looked over to Gummy who was sitting on the counter and staring blankly off at nothing as usual. “Hey, do you know if Pinkie can read minds?”

Gummy let loose a gurgle that Peewee interpreted as, I WAS ONCE LIVE-ACTION AND I’VE NEVER BEEN THE SAME SINCE.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Peewee replied with a sigh.

----------

Spike was still sitting on the table where Peewee had left him, his phoenix butt getting sore from boredom. Well, this is a lot of fun, isn’t it? he thought sourly. Being stuck in Peewee’s body with the real Peewee running around with my body while I can’t do anything with his…what did I do to deserve this?

Well, you did kind of steal Peewee’s body, Peewee’s brain chided. Not exactly a class act.

Hey, it wasn’t exactly my choice…wait a minute, where’d that voice come from?!

From the brain you hijacked, of course! Peewee’s brain snapped.

Hey, lay off him! Peewee’s heart cut in. He said it wasn’t his fault!

I don’t care! Peewee’s brain retorted. He shouldn’t be here! He doesn’t know how to use me!

Oh dear Celestia, am I losing my mind?! Spike thought in panic.

That’s right! Peewee’s brain responded evilly. The real Peewee has made off with your brain, and now you’re stuck with a brain that won’t let you use it to its fullest potential! Go ahead and try to calculate the mass of Peewee’s body now! I dare you…

And you still wonder why it never worked between us, Peewee’s heart griped.

“AAAAAAAAAAH!” Spike let loose a high-pitched scream in an attempt to shut out the bizarre voices.

“Is something troubling you, little phoenix?” he heard another voice ask. Thankfully, this voice came from somewhere outside his head. He turned and saw Owlowiscious flutter over to the kitchen table beside him.

“Hey Owlowiscious,” Spike sighed. “This may be kind of hard to believe, but…I’m kind of not the same little phoenix you know and love.”

“Oh, really?” Owlowiscious said in a surprised tone that sounded rather exaggerated to Spike’s phoenix earholes. “And what are you trying to insinuate with that? That you’re someone else in Peewee’s body? Namely, a certain young dragon who was nervous about me taking his place as Miss Twilight’s number one assistant? Is that the notion you’re trying to imply?”

Spike stared. “How did you know?”

“It wasn’t difficult to deduce what was going on when you and everyone else were making quite the commotion earlier,” Owlowiscious stated matter-of-factly. “I must say, I’m disappointed in the way Twilight has been treating you two, especially Peewee. I mean, Peewee is just a young child! Whatever does she expect from the lad? Why, I myself caused a fair bit of trouble in my youth! Shall I regale you with some tales of that fun period?”

“Thanks, but I’m not really in the mood for storytelling,” Spike sighed. “I’m too concerned about what sort of chaos Peewee is capable of causing in my body, all while I’m stuck here, unable to do anything about it…”

“You don’t know how to fly in Peewee’s body, right?”

Spike gave a dejected nod.

“Well, I’d be happy to help you with that if you would like,” Owlowiscious offered.

“You can do that?” Spike asked, Peewee’s eyes sparkling in anticipation. “But…aren’t owl wings kinda different from phoenix wings?”

“I believe the basics of flight apply to any species of bird with flight capabilities,” Owlowiscious answered. “Miss Twilight has some good books on flight mechanics that should be useful. Hang on, I’ll go get one to get us started!” With that, the astute owl flew off toward the bookshelves.

Great, Spike thought grumpily. Just what every bird loves to do when they want to fly: reading. I wonder how the real Peewee learned how to fly…

----------

“…and that’s why I think Twilight should share her horns and wings with everyone!” Peewee concluded to the red stallion standing in front of the apple cart. “Except for Angel, of course! Make him a carrot, see how he likes it! So what do you think?”

Big Macintosh gave the young phoenix-in-a-dragon-body a long stare. “Nnnope.”

“What, you’ve got a better idea?” Peewee said as he put Spike’s hands on his hips in a “tough guy” pose. “Well, let’s hear it then!”

“Nnnope.”

“Geez, you’re a real fun conversationalist, aren’t you?” Peewee griped, Spike’s face leaned forward to match Big Mac’s as much as his short height would allow. “I may not be a know-it-all like Twilight, but even I know responding to everything with the same word isn’t exactly the best way to get attention.”

“Nnnope,” Big Mac replied, though it was hard to tell if it was out of agreement or troll-ment due to how stoic his face remained.

Peewee could feel Spike’s face almost literally steam as he grabbed Big Mac by the yoke and pulled his head down to his level. “SAY WORDS!” Peewee demanded, Spike’s fangs bared rather impressively. “SAY OTHER WORDS!”

“Dang it all, what do you want from me?!” Big Mac snapped, lifting his head high enough to lift Spike’s body off the ground. “I was just setting up the apple stall, and here you come, all talking about wings and horns and Princess Twilight out of nowhere when I’m just trying to make a living tending to the farm and helping my sis out, how am I supposed to deal with all the weird stuff in this town, especially when my granny won’t let me say anything around her, wanting me to be this dang ol’ strong and silent type when I have a mind full of thoughts to share and…”

Big Mac’s tirade was interrupted by Peewee clamping his mouth shut with Spike’s hand. “You know what? Just stick with not saying anything. It’s simpler that way.”

“What in blazes are ya doing, Spike?!” Applejack’s voice rang out from nearby. “Leave my brother alone before you scare away all our customers!”

Yes! At least somepony thinks I’m really Spike! “Uh, sorry, AJ!” Peewee said with a pacifying grin. “Just, uh, going through puberty!” He wasn’t sure what exactly “puberty” was, but he had once overheard a mare complain about how it was making her son act like a total basket case, so he figured it’d be a good excuse.

“Ain’t you a little young for that?” Applejack asked him, an eyebrow raised in typical skeptical fashion.

“Hey, just because Twilight won’t stop calling me a ‘baby dragon’ doesn’t mean I still am a baby!” Peewee asserted, Spike’s chest puffed out to emphasize his immense manliness. “For all you know, I could be a legal adult by now! Hey, that means I can drive now! Do you know where I can find a car?”

Applejack gave a resigned sigh. I swear I’m going to regret this…

----------

“WOOHOO!” Peewee cheered. “I’m finally driving! This is so awesome!”

“Eyes on the road,” the driving instructor reminded in a bored tone.

“Yes, ma’am,” Peewee responded in the same bored tone as his vehicle continued forward at a walking pace.

…Still awesome!

The End