• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 468 Views, 3 Comments

Siege Stories: Diary of a Pegasus Purist - PheonixCircle



Dairy from the last battles of the pony unification.

  • ...
 3
 468

A Letter between Sisters

Dear Celestia

I have taken care of the last threat towards a peaceful time. Castle Northwind, the northernmost stronghold of the new realm of Equestria, has been liberated.

Some pegasi rebels tried to stay there and oppress the other races. You may ask how I know that. You should receive a small book with this letter, a diary, of the commander who led the pegasi rebels.

I suggest to read it yourself. The content could be dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands, so I won't tell anything in the letter, and to prevent others from reading it, I have sealed it with a spell only we or others of our kind could brake.

I have to admit I feel sorry for the commander, Lance Skydiver. He had honour, and his heart was on the right spot, he just stood on the wrong side of the line. If he had fought for us, we had won much earlier.

His soldiers are less honourable, and we must use them with caution. They betrayed their own commander, and this is meaningful for any pegasi. As far as I know, there were only a handful of traitors in the history of pegasi, and they fought for revenge and the people against tyrants.

And I am impressed how composed he was. As he was brought to the scaffold, his face showed no fear. The contrary was the case, he seemed to be proud.

He looked around, the moment he saw his old companions he contorted his face in as much pain as there was anger, but only for a brief moment. He turned his head away, and saw me. I got really confused when he started to smile.

Sister, I believe he knew that our arrival meant more than just a little. The last words he spoke were from his blood on traitors hooves, and a reborn nation. I fear that these words weren't a simple message, but a prediction of the future, if he intended to or not has no meaning.

I have taken his weapon and armour to his son. I don't think he was to happy to see me, but when I told him that he could be proud of his father, which was stronger than anypony else, he simple shook his head and told me a few words before going back into the house: "If he had been strong, he would have won. But I am glad that you brought me this, as a reminder never to betray the unity."

As hard as it might sound, I believe he is a threat. In the future, he might seek revenge for his father. I just hope that he won't attack the council of the elders, only the treacherous bastards. These traitors deserve to die, but the council has different plans. Public heroes or something like that.

And sister, I have to ask you one thing. Why did the ponies start to talk about some princesses? There are none, and there should be none. The only safe way the ensure peace is by the people governing the people, not one or a few. If they continue to talk of royalty as they do right now, the republic of ponies has no chance of existence,

I hope that you do well with your task in the south. Your always loving sister.
Luna

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment