• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 468 Views, 3 Comments

Siege Stories: Diary of a Pegasus Purist - PheonixCircle



Dairy from the last battles of the pony unification.

  • ...
 3
 468

Day One: A Confident Commander

Day One of the Siege of Castle Northwind, primary pegasus stronghold on Equestrian ground.

My name is Lance Skydiver. I am the last loyal commander of the pegasus army and I have gathered other loyal soldiers, around one thousand strong pegasi, to overthrow our regent and finally unify ponies under the banner of the pegasus kingdom.

As a commander, I have to think of the future and plan ahead, but I am a soldier at the same time, and I have to think of the present and concentrate, especially now, that we were found by the pony union.

Darn these weakling and their hope for a peaceful and equal union of all ponies. They just lost sight of the clear: That we pegasi are far superior to the earthponies and unicorns. Our muscles are steel, our tactical knowledge uncontested by the other races, and our courage is without comparison.

Nonetheless have the heads of all three races decided to make a treaty and acknowledge each other. Politicians. No idea how the people feel. Working hand in hand with these arrogant unicorns or these filthy earthponies? I can't accept that.

Therefore I have decided to hide in this stronghold and wait for the right time to attack. First, I would have unified the pegasi again, and then I would have conquered the other two races and made them what they are supposed to be: lowly peasants of us pegasi.

But as I already mentioned, I acted not quick enough, and because of my hesitation, we are besieged by the new union. If it were only unicorns and earthponies, I would lead the pegasi into the sky in a night time operation, but there are always pegasi flying over our heads, hindering us.

We could attack them, but I need every pegasi I can get to defeat the other races, therefore I will not attack them, for now at least.

The siege is all ready tight around Northwind, I can^t see any possibility to sneak out.

Northwinds location, a hill in the center of a wide plain, with a forest about one mile to the north, is ideal to see attackers from Equestria from long distance, but in our situation, this advantage has turned into one of our greatest problems.

Their camps are all around the castle, and even if we somehow managed to flee from here, there is no place to return to. No, this is the last stand of the true pegasus. We will either succeed or fail on this battlefield.

Also, we had already a first ambassador sent to us, a pegasus I know from my early days as soldiers. He was told to give us our terms of surrender. At the present state, I just had to give up, my soldiers could return home, and I would be exiled.

Fools to think I would surrender. I have enough pegasi to defeat them, if everything works just fine. I don't believe that there no unrest in their own lines, pegasi, unicorns and earthponies sleeping side by side. If we strike at the right moment, when they are fighting amongst themselves, I can merge my troops with the enemies pegasi and dominate this battle.

I have sent him back, unhurt, with my own terms. Either they accept the superiority of pegasi and are prepared to follow our banner, our traditions and our doctrine, or they shall siege us until they grow old and wither away.

The atmosphere in the castle is good overall. There are some in unrest, but none that would defy my orders, even if they were suicidal.