• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 5,118 Views, 214 Comments

EqD Writer Training Grounds short stories by Georg - Georg



Week 19 - A Princess, her Mother, and the Piano that binds them together. Even Tartarus cannot keep them apart.

  • ...
5
 214
 5,118

On deCrosse and Bluebelle

(Short description)
Princess Bluebelle throws a fit over her upcoming wedding, and Elusive finds himself powerless against the Royal Snit. However, Prince Solaris has a little something extra in reserve to overcome his niece's tantrum. Rarity.

(Long description)
The wedding of Princess Bluebelle and Prince de Cross was to be the event of the century, even more glamorous and fantastic than Prince Cadence and Captain Shining Armour’s rather dramatic wedding. But when the Princess throws a royal hissy-fit on the day before her wedding, Prince Solaris finds it necessary to help Elusive with the wedding plans in a truly unique fashion.

After all, fashion is Rarity’s passion. Well, one of them.

[Twits][Princesses][Snits]

Week 6 - Pinkie Pride -or- On a deCrosse and Bluebelle
Based on the R63 story On a Cross and Arrow by Conner Cogwork


“Ruined! Absolutely ruined! This was to be my special day, and you have absolutely destroyed my life!” Bits and pieces of wedding dress went flying around the dressing room as Princess Bluebelle stormed and ranted at her wedding planner, who was cowering in the corner in the midst of a pile of expensive ceramic shards. Another hard-flung expensive vase came crashing at Elusive, who caught it in his blue magical field and tried to set it back on a display pillar while attempting to calm the unicorn princess yet again. He was having little luck with either.

“Princess! Please! I know you’re angry—” Elusive cut off as the enraged princess grabbed the vase in her magic and flung it again, this time scoring a hit on the wall over his head and raining tiny bits of shattered ceramic down onto his immaculate white coat and frazzled purple manestyle.

“You’re doing this intentionally! You’ve always hated me! My uncle, Lord Solaris, will have your head!” The blonde unicorn princess glared viciously around the room, seeking more breakables to fling at her cowering wedding planner.

“I know who your uncle—”

“I should have known from the first time I set eyes on you in the Gala, that you wanted me broken and shattered, a crushed mare who would cower at your hooves. Get out of my sight, you cad! Out!” The cowering Elusive darted for the open door, pausing at the doorway to call back one final question but giving a yelp of fear as he dove into the hallway, slamming the door behind as a barrage of items began to smash into it.

The two Royal Guards outside the door did not even blink at his abrupt appearance, seeming quite secure in their golden armor and their job of protecting Her Royal Highness, Princess Bluebelle the Forty-Second from any danger, rather than protecting others from her. The older of the two, a middle-aged mare with a kind smile, offered him a hoof up.

“Thank you, Wisteria.” Elusive shook his mane and cringed at the rattle of tiny fragments and plaster dust that sifted onto the immaculate hallway floor.

“Things not going well with our delicate little princess?” asked the guard, wincing only slightly as the sounds of breakables cut off and the wailing and sobbing resumed inside the room.

“I’m afraid I’m at my wit’s ends with her. No matter what I say or do, she just will not listen to reason. The wedding is tomorrow, and she’s driven away every single assistant or partner I’ve found! I‘m starting to think she’s doing this all out of spite.”

The guard clucked her tongue and dusted a few loose bits of vase off Elusive’s shoulder. “Now, there. Tartarus may have no fury like a mare scorned, but even Princess Bluebelle will have to straighten up by tomorrow morn—” The door fairly tore itself open as Princess Bluebelle flung herself down the hallway, leaving a trail of tears in her wake as she headed for her rooms. “Yeah, you’re bucked.”

The clatter of immaculately clad hooves preceded the arrival of Prince deCrosse, a tall Prench stallion with an immaculately groomed mane of midnight black, contrasting perfectly against his creamy golden coat and flashing blue eyes, which quickly locked onto Elusive with the panic of a thousand grooms.

“Ma petit Belle, she is gone? I heard her beautiful voice all the way from the other side of the castle, and I say, Prince, your bride, she is distraught and needs your presence to calm her. Which way has the flower of my life gone, so that I may speak with her?” The guard pointed wordlessly down the hallway, and the Prench stallion darted away, calling out to his beloved as he turned the corner.

Elusive sniffed, and pulled a kerchief from his suit jacket to dab his eyes. “It’s all my fault. I should have known better than to try. The wedding will be ruined, and Prance will retaliate against Equestria. There will be trade tariffs and boycotts, and our nation’s supply of conditioner will be cut off, and everypony will have their manes tangle up and look like Bubble Berry! It will be the end of civilization, and everypony will know it’s my fault!” With an anguished sob, the fashion designer slumped in a faint as a bright red couch slid under his side. “Ruined,” he called out from the couch. “Lord Solaris will never forgive me! He’ll banish me to the farthest corner of Equestria where they probably don’t even have fashion!”

“I’m certain that wherever you go, Elusive, fashion will follow.” The deep tenor of Lord Solaris’s voice cut through Elusive’s tears, and he looked up to see the compassionate face of the Prince of the Sun, Diarch of Equestria, and Uncle of the Bride looking back at him from over the back of the couch. There was not a golden or fiery red hair in his goatee out of place, and his magnificent mane and tail streamed behind in the flaming colors of the dawning sun.

“I’m sorry, Your Highness!” sobbed the fashion designer, holding one foreleg over his face to hide his shame. “It’s impossible! The only thing that could be worse is—” Elusive looked up with a sudden burst of hope. “Do you think she’s a changeling?”

“No, I’m afraid not,” said Solaris with a soft smile. “I checked them both. Twice.”

“Oh. Well, do you think you could write a quick letter to King Metamorphosis and get him to loan us one of his drones? It would only be for one day, and we could swap the real Princess back as soon as—”

“No,” he said with a quirk to the side of his mouth that turned the edges up fractionally.

“Then I’m doomed,” moaned Elusive, throwing himself back onto the couch. “There’s nopony in the world who could save this wedding.”

“Well, not in this world,” said Solaris with a growing smile.

* * *

“Bluebelle? I’ve got somepony that you want to meet.”

Princess Bluebelle glared at the open door and at her uncle, standing calmly in the doorway as if the world was not actually coming to an end and her life was not going to be reduced to ashes and dirt. Prince deCross stumbled to his hooves from where he had been kneeling at the side of her agony couch for the last several hours, bowing to Lord Solaris with a sweep of one foreleg that exposed his delightful rump with the four silver crowns to Bluebelle, raising her spirits for a moment. And in that moment, her uncle gestured another pony into the room.

She was an elegant unicorn mare, dressed in a fine silk outfit that contrasted well with her long, graceful violet mane and sweeping tail, a true measure of beauty and grace who would set the hearts of any red-blooded Equestrian stallion racing, and who’s eyes rested ever so briefly on Prince deCrosse before turning their evaluating gaze on her. The mare seemed familiar from somewhere, and as she slowly paced into the room, Bluebelle could not help but think she had seen the heartbreaker somewhere before.

What was worse, Prince deCrosse was watching her with great interest too.

“M’Lady Rarity, I would like to introduce my niece, Princess Bluebelle. Honey, this is Lady Rarity, the most exclusive fashion designer in Equestria.” Turning to the beautiful mare, Uncle Solaris bowed slightly and asked, “On this short notice, do you think you can produce a wedding gown to show the world her beauty, M’Lady?”

The unicorn mare strode closer, examining Bluebelle with the most peculiar thoughtful expression from behind her red gem-studded glasses before turning with a flick of her tail and heading for the door. “No, Lord Solaris. She is too beautiful. Anything that I would place upon her body would only look plebeian and tawdry by comparison. I shall return your commission, so I do not embarrass you in front of all the wedding guests by producing anything that would detract from her natural appeal. I’m sorry, My Lord.”

“Uncle Solly!” Bluebelle clutched a soaked kerchief to her chest and reached for the retreating fashionista, turning bloodshot eyes at Lord Solaris as the door closed behind her curled purple tail. “Go get her! Stop her! Bring her back at any cost! I need her, and only her to create my dress! I’m not going to appear at my wedding—” One spotless hoof highlit with sparkly pale blue gloss touched her lips at the horror of the thought “—naked!”

“I’m sorry, Honey.” Lord Solaris sighed and rolled his eyes. “It was all I could do to get her here on such short notice. I’m afraid I’m out of influence.”

“Don’t fear, My Princess,” said Elusive from the side of the room where he had been quietly observing. “I shall pursue the fair Rarity and plight my — I mean present your dilemma in the most convincing terms possible. With her natural talent and skills, your wedding shall be an event spoken about for centuries, never to be exceeded in mortal memory. Why, the fashion world shall simply blaze with the ideas you will incite as you stride into the Royal Throne Room in a shimmering gown of—” Elusive staggered briefly, as if perhaps a Royal Horn had prodded him gently in the side with its magic. “Oh, yes. Rarity! Please wait! I must speak with you!” The handsome fashion designer galloped out of the room, his curled purple tail vanishing behind the closed door in nearly the exact same way as the previous departing fashion designer.

“Oh, Uncle!” breathed Bluebelle while wiping away a last tear. “Do you think he can talk Lady Rarity into saving my wedding?”

Solaris smiled, and the room brightened as if the sun had emerged from behind a bank of clouds.

“I think you would be surprised.”

* * *

Elusive galloped around the corner of the corridor, only to be grabbed vigorously by the neck and swept into a passionate hug and kiss that seemed to last forever. Finally, a mutual lack of air caused the two unicorns to pause in their lip-lock to exchange a few gasped words.

“Darling!”

“Sweetheart!”

After a second kiss of slightly more organized fashion, Elusive held a hoof to his chest and declaimed, “You were magnificent, Love. She fairly begged me to chase you down and convince you to create a new wedding dress.”

Rarity giggled. “As if it would take any convincing. She’s beautiful, darling. I shall create a dress that shall fling down the pillars of fashion and break the hearts of every stallion at the wedding. Except yours.” She leaned in for another kiss and whispered, “How long do you think it should take you to ‘convince’ me?”

“A long, long time,” whispered Elusive.

The Royal Throne Room was packed with the cream of Canterlot society, all of whom sucked in a breath of amazement as Princess Bluebelle stepped onto the red carpet and began to stride. Her wedding dress was simply amazing, in folds of silk and satin that flowed like ocean waves in her wake highlighting the thin lines of pure gold and priceless jewels woven into her mane and tail.

Lord Artemis and Lord Solaris at the front of the room could not help but smile at the view of the backs of so many heads, and Artemis leaned up to whisper into his big brother’s ear. “Nice work, Solly. Six months every year of peace and quiet, with no Bluebelle. I owe you one.”

Lord Solaris blinked back a tear from his sparkling violet eyes and leaned down for a moment to whisper back at his little brother. “I have a debt of my own, bro. I just hope Elusive is up to Lady Rarity’s challenge.”

* * *

In a private balcony overlooking the ceremony from a respectable distance, the two ponies responsible for the bride’s magnificent dress and the matching glorious suit for the groom regarded their creations with only small glances cast at each other. After all, they were in public for the wedding, but afterwards, there would be time for… other things.

“Aren’t they just darling, darling?” whispered Rarity. “I was so impressed by your world the first time we visited, and I thought I would never get the opportunity to visit again.”

“As did I, dearest. I swear, I shall make it up to you once the happy couple have departed. There are so many places I want to show you in our world. Josephine’s Eclair shop, Fancy Skirt’s design studio, Galeria’s Gallery…” Elusive trailed off at the touch of Rarity’s hoof, and turned to look at a shy smile on the face of the beautiful fashionista.

“Alas, darling, once the wedding is over, I must depart to my own world. But fear not, for the currents of our two worlds circulate in much the same patterns, and where your Lord Solaris had a task for me suitable for my skills, my Princess Celestia and I have just a teensy little problem of our own which is perfectly matched for someone of your talents.”

Rarity unfolded a piece of paper and floated it over to Elusive, who regarded it with wide-eyed fascination and a overpowering grin that threatened to split his face in two.

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Prince Blueblood and Princess laCroix…

Author's Note:

Note: Please check out pictures of Lord Solaris and Elusive from the talented Trotsworth on DeviantArt. There’s also a wonderful picture of Solaris on Theuselesstoe Tumblr.