• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 549 Views, 5 Comments

Luna's Diary - HyperBlossom7



Luna keeps a diary, and she writes in it almost every day. This is an entry about her time on the moon.

  • ...
 5
 549

Entry No. 4,572

Dear Diary,

Being banished to the moon by my own sister is truly one of the worst things that ever happened to me. Sure I had been Nightmare Moon at the time, but now that I am myself again, I feel horrible. I feel horrible that I was even jealous of my sister. I know now that there are ponies who love the night as much as they love the day. Perhaps if I had known that would happen a thousand years ago, I wouldn't have become Nightmare Moon. It is thanks to to the Elements of Harmony that I am back to my old self again. If it weren't for them...well I shudder to think.

I know my sister says she forgives me, but I still feel horrible. I fear this ordeal will haunt me forever, which is a very long time for an alicorn princess like me. I am immortal after all. I am afraid to go out to visit the areas in my Kingdom, in fear that other ponies will cower before me. I have made myself their enemy. I am a tyrant in their eyes. However, now that I am Princess Luna once again, I will do everything in my power to make things right again. I owe it to my subjects after what I have done to them.

Now diary, the fear of my subjects' hatred is not what frightens me the most. What frightens me the most is that I can still feel Nightmare Moon inside of me. We are one and the same, and even though the Elements of Harmony did supposedly destroy her, I can still feel her in my being. It frightens me, for she is the side that holds my hatred and rage towards my beloved sister and my beloved subjects. I am afraid that this part of me, the part that is Nightmare Moon, will attempt to return. I am afraid that she will take my place once again and plunge my beautiful kingdom into eternal darkness.

Tomorrow I will try to talk to my sister about this. She is strong, kind, and very wise. I hope she can give me the comfort that I need. I hope she can ease my fears and give me the confidence I know I lack. If successful, then maybe, just maybe, I can go out and visit the towns and cities of Equestria. If I can do that, then maybe my subjects will fear me less and love me more. It is only love that I desire from my subjects, not fear. Nightmare Moon was the one who instilled fear into the hearts of my subjects. I only wish to instill happiness and love in their hearts, not fear and hatred.

I am sure you are wondering how I spent my time on the moon, dear diary. I was Nightmare Moon of course, so in the beginning, I was angry for a very long time. I would often howl in rage at the heavens. I would often run across the barren landscape known as the moon's surface and let my anger out through my speed. I would often sleep as well. There's not much you can really do on the moon, see. So honestly I found it helpful to sleep. Sleep was good for me, even if it meant missing out on the darkness of space.

Eventually I did get used to life on the moon. I could still go for walks, I could still fly, provided I didn't go too far away from the moon as well. So I spent my days, months, years rather, flying through the air and orbiting the moon. Of course since it was only the moon, I did get bored . My boredom eventually drove me mad, and I started plotting my escape. That part was not easy, however.

It required a lot of patience, first off. Especially since with my, or rather Nightmare Moon's extensive knowledge of dark magic, I had been banished for 1000 years, and I had to wait until the right time. It required a magical circle and a blood sacrifice. Naturally there was nopony else on the moon with me. I was all alone. I had to shed some of my own blood into the circle. Once I had done that, I had to invoke the power of the ancient gods who had created this world. Infused with my blood, the magic circle allowed me to escape and return to Equestria.

I can still see the scar on my leg. I had cut rather deep, using my own horn to do so. It is a reminder of what I have done. It is also a reminder of my time on the moon. I need to find something to cover it up, maybe an arm band or something. Nonetheless, I shall start my search tomorrow. Tomorrow...I have not used that word in such a long time. Living on the moon, you really don't have a sun to show you the time. It is a world of perpetual darkness on the moon. I am grateful now for my sister's sun. I can see it now, outside my window. My sister is lowering it upon the horizon.

Alas, dear diary, the time approaches for me to guard the night. ...Interesting, I have not done that for some time now. I imagine my sister has taken that job as well. I did see a hint of fatigue in her eyes earlier. She has been working too hard on something that should be controlled by two powerful Alicorns, not just one. I have a lot to make up. I must make amends for my past sins, and I do hope that in time, everypony will just see it as a bad memory. Like I do now. I must go, I can hear my sister calling for me, so farewell for now , my dear diary.

With Love,

Princess Luna.

Author's Note:

I honestly have no idea how old Princess Luna is, but I do know she is immortal. So I just put a random large number for the diary entry. It's not meant to match her age, but it's supposed to fit in with when she got the diary. I'm not going to go into that though. Hope you enjoyed it. :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 5 )

According to the description about how she writes in it almost everyday, and the number of entries she has made and assuming she had access to her diary when she was on the moon.

Luna is older than 10505. Give or take

Even if she does not write in it every single day. it would only make this number higher, so all in all not that bad of an estimate.

3670928 Well I fixed it, if that was what you wanted me to do.

3670936

No its perfectly fine. Just thought i would throw that out there.

3670940 Oh ok. Well thanks for commenting anyway. Glad you liked it :twilightsmile:

3670946

I did. It was time of my life well wasted.

Login or register to comment