• ...
7
 55
 3,428

Intermission

Intermission I

Discord created a pink, fluffy cloud of cotton candy and began to lay on it as it floated in the red and black void. Twilight was laying on the red, dirt ground taking a nap. Discord began to take off a few pieces the cloud and began eating it. How had it come to this? He thought to himself. He already knew what was happening. A few Thousand years later he would just escape again then be defeated yet again. Why did this pattern have to repeat? All he wanted to do was have a little fun and Celeste had to ruin it for him. Then he remembered it. He remembered what celeste had done to him. He Balled his claw and his paw into a fist for a minute or two, then he loosened his hands. He was the one to blame for this, For all of it. He should've known bettter than to fall for a pretty face and then get rejected. She tore his heart out when he fell for her, then she tore it to pieces. He could feel the pain yet again. This was it. This was his curse. The draconian curse.

Discord's thoughts were interrupted when the Lavender pony below him groggily yawned and got up from the red dirt.

"What time is it?" Asked Twilight.

"Doesn't matter." said Discord getting off of his fluffy, pink cloud.

"What are you doing?" asked Twilight.

"Since when are you interested in what I do? You silly filly." said Discord.

"No... You're sad..." said Twilight.

"How would you know?" asked Discord folding his arms.

"You have a tell..." said Twilight.

"What?" asked Discord.

"Yeah, you have a tell." said Twilight.

"Really? Like what?" asked Discord.

"Well... Whenever you're sad or upset, you try to implace your depression with humor and make jokes in order to ignore your problems and whenever you make a joke its usually either a really bad pun or an extremely dirty joke." said Twilight.

"Pfft whatever! Why don't you implace your mouth on my dic-'' Discord paused for a moment.

Twilight simply stared at him.

"Stop staring at me." said Discord sitting down on the dirt and folding his arms.

"What's wrong Discord?" Asked Twilight.

"I don't really wanna talk about it..." said Discord shoving his head into his arms.

"You know you can tell me anything." said Twilight. She pulled her hair into a tight bun. "Tell Doctor Twilight whats bugging you." said Twilight.

"What? Are you supposed to be some kind of librarian?" asked Discord.

"No, I'm a Therapist!" said Twilight. "Now, tell me whats bugging you." said Dr. Twilight.

"I was just thinking..." said Discord.

"Mmhmm Thinking about what?" asked Twilight.

"About death, life, love, hate." said Discord.

Twilight stared at him in an annoyed manner. "I meant specifically." said Twilight.

"Well... I was thinking about my life..." said Discord.

"Evaluating your life?" asked Twilight.

"Yeah sorta..." said Discord. "All my life I've been thought of as a monster... it just doesn't seem fair somehow..." said Discord.

"Mmhmm and why do feel this way?" asked Twilight.

"Well, it isn't necessarily my fault that I'm a monster. My mother told me that there is no such thing as good ponies or evil ponies, there is only good actions and bad actions. Just because the number of your evil actions outweigh the number of your good actions doesn't mean you are evil, and just because the number of your good actions outweigh the number of your evil actions doesn't make you a good pony. Everypony has the potential to do both great good and great evil. Therefore, everypony has the potential to change from their ways, whether it be good or evil." said Discord.

"Your mother is correct. Everypony has the potential to be good or bad. Your mother was a very wise filly." said Twilight.

"I was just wondering... Is it really my fault if I'm like this? I mean... What if I don't have a choice? What if my destiny really was to be a monster?" asked Discord.

Twilight went over to him and layed her hoof around his shoulder. "What are you talking about Discord? of course you have a choice! You always have a choice!" said Twilight.

Discord shivered as the lavender mare's tender fur touched his rough, course pelt. He hadn't felt this way ever since Celestia. It was like she resembled Celeste. Her sweet smile, her beautiful skin and her glowing eyes. Before Discord knew it, his cheeks began turning hot red.

"Oh Celeste..." he whispered passionately while closing his eyes and inching closer and closer to Twilight.

Twilight simply sat there wide eyed and frozen.

Before they knew it their mouths connected. it was a few seconds later when Discord Realized that Celeste was trying to push him away. He opened his eyes and to his surprise he found out that it wasn't Celeste.

He quickly pulled back and broke eye contact.

Blood began rushing to Twilight and Discord's cheeks.

"Uhh... sorry..." said Discord rubbing the back of his neck with his paw.

''It's... okay I guess..." said Twilight.

There was a moment of full awkward silence and time passed by until the two of them felt comfortable enough to talk to each other again.

"So what did you mean when you don't have a choice?" asked Twilight.

"Do you know what happens to a pony when they never get love their entire life?" asked Discord. "They become cold, selfish, brutish, they lose sight of all the values in all things good and just see's the world as a cold, unforgiving place." said Discord laying on the red dirt and looking up into the red and black sky.

"That sound's horrible." said Twilight laying on the dirt along with him.

They both looked up into the strange, red and black sky.

"You never really told me what this place is." said Twilight. "What is this place anyway?" asked Twilight.

"This place has many names, Twilight. Some ponies call it Tartarus, some ponies call it the 'the underworld', some ponies call it 'the dark realm', some ponies call it 'the netherworld' but I like to call it; Purgatory." said Discord with a smirk.

"What?" asked Twilight.

"The Elements of Harmony have a Dark Secret, Twilight." said Discord.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Twilight

"What do you think being encased in stone fells like, Twilight?" asked Discord.

"Like a thousand year nap?" asked Twilight.

"No, you're wrong." said Discord grimly. ''Being encased in stone is like being petrified and still being able to feel, see, and smell everything that goes on around you." said Discord. "Throughout the cold winters, the sweltering summers and the wet rain, I felt pretty miserable. Whenever ponies came to throw stones at my lifeless statue, It hurt like buck. However, Luna, Somehow knowing that I'm still alive in here, would usually come to shoo away bugs that would crawl on me or to keep me company for a little bit." said Discord. "Hell, sometimes she even talked to me and sometimes she talked so much that I felt like pouring warm chovolate milk on her just to piss her off." said Discord with a smirk.

"So she kept you company?" asked Twilight.

"Yes. However, she sometimes hated me for all that I have done so she did everything in her power to torure my statue. Sometimes she would feel playful so she'd tickle me with her feathers or nip at my statue until her teeth sunk into the stone. Sometimes she'd feel burning hatred so she'd pound on my lifeless statue mercilessly. Sometimes she felt sad and lonely so she'd talk to me for hours at a time, and believe me, That was the worst torture i could've ever endured." said Discord.

Twilight giggled. "I know how you feel. Whenever Pinkie pie starts running her mouth, I feel like I should run for the hills." said Twilight.

Discord shifted a little bit. He got so used to being alone and hated for nearly all of eternity. It was good to finally be able to talk to somepony without them screaming vulgar language and trying to stone him.

"Well then, Shall we get started?" asked Discord.

"Sure!" said Twilight geting up from the red dirt.

Twilight watched Discord through the years as he grew up. He had been through so much. Bullying, Name-calling, being beat up by his father, however it wasn't until the 231st entry when things started going bad. These were the events that would lead up to the creation of a monster...