• Published 6th Dec 2013
  • 2,330 Views, 77 Comments

Equestria Noir Season 2 Case 8 "Hammer of Thunder" - Jacoboby1



Private travels to the Cloud Kingdom and teams up with the legendary Alicorn warrior Thor to uncover a conspiracy threatening the kingdom and it's king.

  • ...
1
 77
 2,330

Epilogue

Epilogue

You made the pact...didn’t you Olympus…?

I had no choice Lunard...I couldn’t...live in this broken body anymore…

So it offered you a means to get out…

I’m sorry...you and Solara were the family I ever had...all I’ve ever wanted...was to be as you both are…

You know exactly what this pact will bring on you and your family!

Yes….Power….

Olympus? Your eyes….

A side effect of this power he has bestowed upon me….

You will taint your entire line! You will never be free from the pact you have made! Neither will your children

Lunard...he can free us...he can allow us all to be reborn...and live forever…

Olympus you have no idea what you are doing!

I knew you wouldn’t understand...because you never had a body such as mine...weak and broken from years of servitude to you...how does it feel Lunard? To finally have the tables turned…?

ZAP!!

Olympus what are you doing?!

What I should have done years ago! Allowing the true power behind the throne to come forth! For nearly a century I have lived in your shadow! I have bowed to a flawed system that rewards those who are only perfect! I will show them just how flawed you alicorns really are...I will make you bleed Lunard...and you will no longer be a god…

OLYMPUS!!!

ZAP! CLANG! SLASH! ZAP!!

It’s over Lunard...DIE!!!

LUNARD!!!!

ZAP!!!

Solara…?

My love...I’m...sorry…

SOLARA!! What have you done?!

I...I didn’t….I didn’t mean to hurt her...she got in the way….

She...YOU ARE DEAD TO ME OLYMPUS!!!

______________________________________________________

Perspective: Private Eye

I woke up in a soft bed. I blinked open my eyes to see Baldur standing at my bedside.

“You are awake, thank goodness,” The alicorn said.

“Baldur?” I said looking around. The walls were tiled in white, and other beds were around me, and the whole place just seemed clean, and very… sterile, compared to the rest of the Cloud Kingdom. I guess modern medicine made its way here, too, despite all the old ways, and old style buildings. Thor would want his people to be happy and healthy, so it does make sense. Privacy screens were around some of the beds, and far away I could hear light snoring. I guess this is where some of the army got taken, after the battle with the giant snake.

“You were amazing, Private Eye,” Baldur said with a smile. “The way you and brother took on Nidhogg was something truly to behold!”

“Yeah, well my headache is something to behold too,” I said, rubbing my head. “I must have used up a lot of power really quickly.”

“Either way, Nidhogg is defeated and the damage is repairable,” Baldur replied. “I wanted to thank you for saving us.” His eyes looked down for a moment. “And apologize for the trouble I had caused everypony.”

“You couldn’t have known Loki’s plan,” I reassured him. “None of us did.”

“Tis true,” Baldur said with a nod. “I will inform Brother that you are awake.” With that, he turned and walked out of the door.

I laid back on the bed and wondered. Just what was that dream I had? I keep getting flashbacks like this more and more often. Did Hope trigger them somehow?

So many questions ringed in my brain that I found myself falling asleep from the effort.

_______________________________________________________

About an hour later I was discharged from the infirmary after the healers determined that all I needed was rest. I sent a letter to Twilight, informing her that I would be returning soon and hoped she was okay. I was then summoned by a royal guard into the throne room.

Upon entry I saw several of the cloud kingdom pegasi inside, most of them wore celebration clothing and cheered as I entered. I felt like a big hero and tried not to let it all go to my head. Thank Celestia Rainbow wasn’t here, she’d probably do a sonic rainboom out of sheer excitement at the attention.

Thor, Sif, and Baldur all walked towards me. Thor slapped me on the back, causing me to fall flat on my face from the sheer force. He laughed, “I have never seen such valor in a good long time! If Voidera didn’t grab you first I would have made you a warrior myself!”

I got back onto my hooves as the crowd calmed down. Sif looked at me, her eyes a little conflicted as she said. “You saved my mate, and you managed to help defeat Nidhogg with quick thinking and a warrior’s spirit.”

Wait, Sif just complimented me? Is Pinkie Pie suddenly going to stop eating cake next?

Thor spoke next, “For your help today, we have decided to aid you in your future endeavors. The forgers of the Cloud Kingdom have made weapons for you.”

“Thor, you didn’t have to go through the trouble,” I said humbly.

“Okay, then you can die the next time you face danger without my mate’s help,” Sif said bluntly.

There’s the Sif I know.

“Bring them forth,” Thor shouted. At his call, four pegasi mares came holding pillows with weapons on them.

On the first one I recognized Silver Wolf, I took the blade in my hooves and smiled. “You fixed it?”

“Reforged with Mithril,” Thor said. “More powerful than ever. Voidera may say he is a good blade maker, but he has yet to challenge my smiths here.”

Mithril, that’s the stuff that Silver Wolf is made out of. Whatever it is, I’d certainly appreciate it in the coming days. I slipped the blade onto my back and watched as another pegasi mare came forth with...it couldn’t be…

Blackbird?

“Celestia told us about how you lost this weapon,” Thor said, looking on it as well. “We may not be experts in firearms, but I used some old connections to remake this weapon better than ever.”

I took Blackbird, the .44 revolver looked almost exactly like I remembered her, only, there were what looked like runes along her barrel and cylinder. I took the gun in my magic, it felt like I was taking the hoof of an old friend.

“We have granted her a magically made cylinder,” Thor explained. “It will allow any bullet fired from it to move at such a speed and hit with such a force that any armor or magical barrier will find trouble stopping it.”

“Thor, thank you,” I said with a genuine smile as I put the revolver back into the gun holster inside my trench coat. It was good to have her back...but she’s been reborn...she needed a new name.

Maybe Blackhawk?

The third mare brought forth what looked like White Tiger. Only it was a much smaller variation, looked like a concealed weapon. Thor explained, “This is a remake of your original White Tiger. Smaller, lighter and with the ability to fire tranquilizer that can stun anypony.”

I took White Tiger and put it in my other gun holster. It felt like the whole family was getting back together.

The last mare held up what had to be the most bizarre weapon I’ve ever seen. It looked like a flintlock pistol with a two pronged fork on the end instead of a barrel. It had golden engraving on it and runs all along the stock.

“What is that?” I asked, staring at it.

“This once belonged to an airship pirate many years ago,” Thor explained. “It is an unusual weapon that can absorb and fire electricity. With the right charge, it can be a good stun weapon at close range.”

I heard that something like this called a Taser was in development for the police, but this was just about as close as I was going to get. Plus, it would certainly help during magic fights.

Golden Eagle, that will be his name.

I put the weapon inside the trench coat and Thor looked upon me. “You are welcome in the Cloud Kingdom anytime. If you have need of our warriors, you need only ask.”

“Thanks, Thor. I’m just glad we managed to handle Loki and Nidhogg before anypony else got hurt,” I said with a smile.

“I had a gift I made myself,” Baldur said. “But I couldn’t finish it in time, I’ll send it to the empire later.”

“You don’t have to Baldur,” I said humbly.

“Oh trust me, for the royal summit you may appreciate it,” Baldur said with a smile.

“Generous and brave stallions live the best,” Thor said in turn.

“I should return to the Crystal Empire then,” I said, turning around.

“Good luck on your endeavors, Private Eye, may the wind always be at your back.” Thor said, right before I left.

But as I left...I couldn’t but get a bad feeling...something was wrong…

_____________________________________________________________

Perspective: Spera

Ah, the mountains. They’re beautiful, with wonderful scenery, and a beautiful unicorn beside me. We’re not in Avalanche Valley, but below the alicorn-run Cloud Kingdom. I have a little villa here, and come here to unwind, and relax, and even think about my next step.

Beside me, wearing a scarf and probably freezing from the cold was Sunset. It wasn’t easy smuggling her to this place, as she is still wanted by the Princesses for petty theft of the crown, but I wasn’t about to let her get captured. Of course the tabloids would have their field day when they find out I’m with a mare.

Perfect cover, as her mystery would attract readers enough not to ask too many questions.

“Why couldn’t one of your plans have taken us to Trahiti or something?” Sunset asked, looking over at me.

“Believe me, there is nothing I would like better than to plot and swim in the ocean at the same time,” I said, trying to lighten the mood.

“You still haven’t explained why we had to come up here,” She said, looking forward. “There’s nothing around here but snow, ice, and the occasional really big rock, like that big black one over there.” She said, pointing to the object.

“Sunset, that is no rock,” I said, gazing upon it. “That, is our target.”

It was huge. Black and scaly, the stump still glistening wetly with the cut muscle, and the spine was stark white in the redness. The lifeless green eyes looked dully out at the landscape.

“You mean to tell me you dragged me out here to look at a giant snake head?” Sunset said, shivering, but not from the cold. “I hate snakes.”

“This is no ordinary serpent.” I said.

“That I could see genius.” Sunset said with a roll of her eyes...rather lovely in my opinion.

Focus Spera!

“This is Nidhogg, a serpent that even alicorns feared for it’s fearsome fangs and power.” I said, walking over to the head.

“Yeah, but where is the rest of it?” Sunset inquired, walking closer.

“Probably somewhere around here, if my calculations were right.” I answered her. “But we do not need the body, what we need are it’s fangs.”

“Fangs?” Sunset said, raising her eyebrow. “Wait, you said that alicorns were scared of those fangs. Does that mean they are poisonous to them or something?”

“You have a keen mind,” I complimented.

“You don’t get to be Celestia’s Student just by looking hot,” She said with a smirk. Then her eyes turned back to the serpent, “But, how did you know it would be here?”

“I’m not the only one trying to change Equestria,” I said with a smile. “Now, help me in getting it’s mouth open.”

“This is going to be so gross,” Sunset said disapprovingly, before her horn glowed.

Slowly, the beast’s massive jaws open and the fangs were laid bare. I concentrated my own magic, and managed to pull one of the fangs out. Blood seeped from the wound and the fang came out with great effort. But, I had my prize.

The fang was about as big as me, but that would change quickly. Sunset closed the snake’s jaw and glared at me. “I’d better get something good out of this.”

“How about a trip to Avalanche valley?” I said, looking back at her as I laid the fang down on the snow. “A simple disguise spell would get us in.”

Sunset smirked and said, “Hoping to get to first base are we?”

“You can’t blame a stallion for trying to impress a mare.” I said, trying not to get flustered.

“Alright, all is forgiven.” Sunset said, walking up to me and putting a hoof on my shoulder. “But only, after you show me that trick you can do.”

“You’re about to see it right here,” I said, concentrating on the fang. I reached into my pockets and put some metal for the hilt, along with leather and wood for the handle. I then concentrated, and my horn sparked as the weapon reforged itself.

The material formed itself into a blade, a sabre with a black handle and hilt. The sabre was long, curved with the fang and the metal was also used to reinforce it. But, the poison inside would remain intact for years…

Fangire has been forged...and soon...it will cause true change in Equestria...forever

Comments ( 18 )

Shit, Spera is just getting more dangerous. Also the story is still marked as incomplete and small grammar error, "I took blackbird", I think Blackbird should be capitalized.

A blade that can kill Alicorns:twilightoops:. Get Twilight some armor.

Interesting... this story ends one thing, but yet it takes the main villain and makes him stronger than any Alicorn, possibly stronger than the princesses as well. The issue here being that if Spera succeeds in what he's planning, he may actually control everything. But I'm spectating here, but we need a huge conspiracy board focused around Spera. But I wonder... did he KNOW that Nidhog was going to be defeated, just so he can get the fang? :pinkiegasp:

Fangire, the Alicorn's Bane. That's the what... tenth God-killing blade I've seen and/or heard of? Spera, you don't know what powers you posses now.

This series just keeps getting more and more interesting.

I slipped the blade onto my back and watched as another pegasi mare came forth with...it couldn’t be…
Blackbird?

Welcome back old girl.

Im at a loss i can't for the life of me remember when he lost his guns. Can anyone refresh my memory?

3706710 first fight with 'Shadowhoof' aka Spera...Spera used his magic to crush both guns,

3707788 oh thats right thanks

Sorry for the lateness of my review. I am really conflicted about Spera here...a part of me doesn't want him to succeed with his plans to 'change' Equestria...but a part of me don't want him to die or something. I mean, what Spera is doing is practically birthed out of him being screwed over by his grandfather (like Private), and with that SperaxSunset thing you got going...it would make me so upset that he will die in the end.

And what of Fangmire? Whom is he planning to kill? Celestia? Luna? Voidera? Lunard? (I remember him still being alive)

And what even of Adamus? He's still out there!

I'm sorry, but there is just so many questions that I would like an answer to.

As for this case...I didn't really feel as strongly about this as the last few. It was good...but it was sorely lacking in the mystery department. I am not sure if that was your intention, but I am sure everyone who had taken a glimpse at this story would had seen that the villain was Loki from the very beginning. The mystery itself was solved all too quickly in my opinion. Fortunately, the ending did make up for that...above-mentioned paragraph aside.

I hope you continue to do a good job and sorry if I offended you in any ways. Now here's a yay.

:yay:

Who else is hoping Faust will come and kick Spera's flank when this is all over?

3708047 OH ME ME ME ME ME

Another amazing chapter in the Noir verse. We'll done!

4762408 In Norse Myth, both Baldur and Loki are Thor's brothers. Baldur just has never had big representation outside of comics so that's why we haven't seen him in the movies.

okay not only do we get Blackbird and White tiger back BUT WE GET AN ANCIENT TASER NAMED GOLDEN EAGLE!:rainbowdetermined2: EPIC!

4762340 Let's just say I have an issue with... encounters... under the dreaded mistletoe....

Login or register to comment