• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 2,621 Views, 24 Comments

Wrath of the Shadow General - Black Kyurem



A coup d'état threatens Equestrian royalty and now Princess Twilight must prepare for war against General Martinet and the Bronies. And in Ponyville, Diamond Tiara forms a group to tear down the Cutie Mark Crusaders for good.

  • ...
38
 24
 2,621

Chapter 7: We're the Princesses

Martinet made the four princesses of Equestria escort him to Celestia's throne. Twilight's friends came along as well and the guards did not bother to stop him from sitting on the throne.

"At last..." said Martinet with glee. "The power is all mine. Now, I will reshape Equestria to my own liking and in my image." He then suddenly grew very angry and once again, cast himself in a shield and used aging spells on Luna and Celestia, instantly turning Luna into a foal and Celestia into a wrinkled old mare. Twilight gasped.

"No!" she cried. "You have Equestria! Leave them alone!"

"And you were a fool to surrender to me!" growled Martinet. "You should have known that I would spare nopony from my wrath! Not even mares and foals!" And Martinet's age spell kept on going. Luna was now a newborn foal swathed in a cloth and Celestia's body started to decay from extreme age. Twilight broke down and cried.

"Please..." she whispered through her tears. "Somepony... help us..." Twilight's friends were crying as well.

"Ah only want Equestria... to be safe..." sobbed Applejack.

"I want nothing bad to happen ever again," Fluttershy whimpered.

"I only wanted ponies... to smile..." cried Pinkie Pie.

"I want to help others..." wailed Rarity.

"My friends..." murmured Rainbow Dash. "I'll do anything for them. I'd give my life for them." Just then, her chest glowed in the shape of her cutie mark and she gasped. And this was happening to all of Twilight's friends. Martinet glared and them and growled and Celestia's body started to crackle, losing a small piece from one of her legs. Twilight closed her eyes and her chest also glowed in the shape of her cutie mark.

"Now I understand," said Twilight. "We don't just represent the Elements of Harmony. We've had their powers all along! Honesty... kindness... laughter... generosity, and loyalty. They are a part of my friends... and part of me too! Even before we found the elements..." The glows then brightened and in a flash, five of the six Elements of Harmony instantly appeared as necklaces around the necks of Twilight's friends.

"What?!" said Martinet, staring wide-eyed and surprised.

"What in tarnation?" said a very surprised Applejack.

"The Elements of Harmony!" said Rarity.

"They're back!" said Rainbow Dash.

"But how?" Fluttershy wondered. Twilight's element then appeared in a flash on her head, the crown of the Element of Magic!

"Our hearts..." said Twilight instinctively. "And our desire to save Equestria and everypony else... We've summoned the Elements of Harmony right to us!"

"Impossible!!" roared Martinet. "This doesn't make any sense!"

"Making sense?" said an all-too familiar voice. "What fun is there in making sense?" Martinet's shield suddenly shattered into pieces and Luna and Celestia were released from his magic grip. Standing there with the decrepit princesses was Discord, not looking too happy.

"It's Discord!" squealed Fluttershy with happiness. Martinet attempted to activate more magic, but Discord reached out and by simply touching his horn, the magic went out. Martinet tried to activate his magic again, but could only shoot sparks.

"I've disabled his magic," said Discord. "He's all yours, my little ponies!"

"All right!" squealed Pinkie Pie. "Now let's blast that buff buffoon!"

"With pleasure!" said Twilight. The six ponies levitated into the air, activating their elements one by one. Martinet looked unable to contain his shock. When the Element of Magic went off, a rainbow beam was shot in an arc-like pattern down towards Martinet, blowing through his small shield, and his body took the full blast of the elements' power.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!" A rainbow-colored shield then enclosed itself over the city of Canterlot and in a white flash, all the damage Martinet created was reversed. Celestia and Luna were restored to their former selves and all the ponies and griffins who helped were all fully healed and restored to normal. Martinet himself lay slumped in front of the throne as Celestia descended back onto it and sat. And even though he was suffering from fatigue, Martinet still tried to stand back up and use his magic on her. But his horn wouldn't even glow and he fell back down.

"What... what did you do to me?"

"We took away your magic," said Twilight. "You can't use it to harm or threaten anypony ever again." Fluttershy gave Discord a big hug.

"Oh, Discord!" she cried. "You saved us all!"

"Come now," said Discord. "Don't look at me. I didn't bring the Elements of Harmony to you. I think we all had a hoof to play in saving the day."


United Equestria


Back at Ponyville, Shadowstealth confronted the shadowy form of Diamond Tiara. The rich filly was being controlled by a nightmare as an explanation behind her apparently evil behavior.

"Diamond Tiara!" shouted Shadowstealth. "Is this really what you wanted?! You truly wished to separate innocent ponies over having no cutie marks?! You truly wished to bring them harm?!"

"Shut up!" said the nightmare-infested Diamond Tiara.

"Answer me! What is it you truly wanted?! Was it per chance... a true friend?!" Hearing this, Diamond Tiara grabbed her head with her front hooves and twitched. "You could have real friends," Shadowstealth went on. "If you are willing to give others a chance! But that's not what you've done, is it?" The nightmare form writhed and screamed, while inside, in a dark place, the real Diamond Tiara was trapped in a nightmare, sweating and screaming.

"I never really wanted to hurt anypony," said the voice of the real Diamond Tiara. "I just... I just wanted attention for myself." Shadowstealth then activated his horn's magic and started to absorb dark wisps into his horn.

"I too possess powers of darkness," said Shadowstealth. "So I will absorb your powers and set you free!" As Shadowstealth absorbed more of the nightmare's energy, Diamond Tiara held her head and shrieked, writhing uncontrollably, until finally, she collapsed to the ground as the sky around Ponyville returned to normal and emerging from a shadowy pillar vanishing into thin air was the real Diamond Tiara. She stumbled and then collapsed.

"Diamond Tiara!" Filthy Rich hurried to her daughter's side in tears. "Diamond! Are you all right? Speak to me!" Diamond Tiara's eyes opened slightly.

"Dad..." she muttered. "I'm... sorry..." And then her eyes closed again.

"She's just sleeping now," said Shadowstealth. "The nightmare inside her was keeping her awake every night and with each sleepless night, it twisted her mind little by little. She should be just fine when she wakes up."

"Thank you," said Filthy Rich. Watching this was Cheerilee, Silver Spoon, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and all the young ponies from Diamond Tiara's group and the ones she bullied. Silver Spoon was shedding tears. Muffins and Fire Chief were also present.

"M...muffin, anyone?" asked Muffins, nervously holding out a muffin and letting out a squee.


In a Canterlot dungeon, Celestia came to visit the newest prisoner, Martinet, no longer wearing any of his clothes. But he was the only prisoner in the dungeon. He sat there inside his cell and when Celestia came to him, he just gave her a sideways glance.

"You surprise me yet again, princess," he grumbled, looking away from her. "I expected you to be merciless like the tyrant you always have been once more by putting me out of my misery. Now you will regret keeping me alive."

"And you will regret judging me for who you think I am," replied Celestia. "I sentenced you to life in prison because I wanted you with live with yourself and pay for your crimes against Equestria. But I could be wrong yet again. Perhaps your time in here won't change the way you are." Martinet did not respond to this.

"You may have imprisoned me," said Martinet. "But my followers will carry on. There will always be a resistance... especially to the likes of you. There will always be those who threaten the peace."

"And it's not just my job to take care of," said Celestia. "But all of us. We are all one circle of pony friends, learning to work together in harmony. That... is the magic of friendship." But Martinet just snorted.

"Friendship is magic," he sneered sarcastically. "What a farce."


Twilight and her friends returned to Ponyville, mainly unaware of what had happened while they were away. However, the Cutie Mark Crusaders eagerly told their older sisters and Rainbow Dash what had transpired and they brought this up with Twilight, who pondered on this nightmare that infused with Diamond Tiara.

"How did the nightmare born from Luna's evil and hatred in her heart possess Diamond Tiara?" Twilight wondered rhetorically.

"I don't think we'll ever know," answered Spike. "But at least it's all over now. So I don't think we have to worry."

"I wouldn't be sure of that, Spike," said Twilight. "Shadowstealth had to absorb all that dark power to save Diamond Tiara. He might just be that nightmare's new herald someday. And don't forget, we gave the Elements of Harmony back to the Tree of Harmony again." Back at the Cutie Mark Crusaders' clubhouse, the Cutie Mark Crusaders held an induction ceremony for Thick, welcoming her as the fifth Crusader. Shadowstealth had also decided to attend the ceremony.

"We, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, elect Thick to join our group as a sister, friend, ally, and fellow Crusader!" said Scootaloo, reading a document she had revised since they had inducted Apple Bloom's cousin Babs Seed. "You are solemnly sworn in as an honorary Cutie Mark Crusader! Congratulations!" Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle then slipped a cape on Thick, which Sweetie Belle had made, and it was an exact replica of the capes the groups wore. Shadowstealth was happy that his daughter made some wonderful new friends.

On the first day of school, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Thick, escorted by Shadowstealth, walked to the schoolhouse and found Diamond Tiara sulking with Silver Spoon trying to comfort her.

"I have nothing more to say to you blank flanks," said Diamond Tiara. "Just let me be."

"Well," said Scootaloo. "Be that way. You don't want any friends? Fine." Diamond Tiara just snorted. Shadowstealth looked at her and lowered his shades.

"One day..." he said to her. "I'm sure of it." Perhaps maybe one day she would change her ways and decide to befriend the very fillies she taunted and threatened. And then again, maybe not. Only time would tell.

Back at Ponyville's library, Twilight was sitting and reading a book with a somewhat blank expression on her face. Her eyes then narrowed a bit and suddenly slits appeared in both her irises, exactly like Night Mare Moon...

TO BE CONCLUDED...

Comments ( 20 )

hmm I see well im not surprised that some bronies were upset at Twilight getting Wings. very clever on writing a Fic based on that.

3577620 Black Kyurem had plans for this for a long time.

"We took away your magic," said Twilight. "You can't use it to harm or threaten anypony ever again."

Reminds me of that Final episode of Avatar : the last airbender

3577792 An intended reference, my friend.

3577808 good Even though I was a bit bothered with the unresolved cliffhanger ending at first I got over quickly because this was just a Fic even though its not tagged AU I think it is. even if you don't make a sequel to this due to planning only 7 fics that aren't connected directly.

either way 6 fics down 1 more to go.

3577816 Black Kyurem did say that regarding his fanfics, yes. But the seventh is sort of an exception because it will tie in with most of what Black Kyurem had in his previous fanfics. Some events don't carry on, such as Apple Bloom getting her cutie mark, but the fanfics themselves might...

Comment posted by DaveMan1000 deleted Nov 3rd, 2020

3578039 There's no real order or events that carry on from one story to the next, as Apple Bloom would have had her cutie mark all this time. Thing is, these seven stories of Black Kyurem will be mostly non-canon with one other, although the last fanfic will carry over events from a few of the stories. For example, Discord will be imprisoned in stone during Black Kyurem's seventh fanfic and be released later. Hm, so maybe Black Kyurem isn't quite so hot with subplots. :twilightsheepish:

3579699 hopefully the 7th Fic wont have a Subplot in fact having the main plot only would have greater focus on the story.

3579789 Black Kyurem figured subplots were part of the reason why his latter stories aren't as good as the first two. To my knowledge, Black Kyurem only has one major plot for the final fanfic unless it unintentionally breaks off into two or three.

Comment posted by DaveMan1000 deleted Nov 9th, 2020

Before I read this, what is the Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

8409176
Probably precautions.

Comment posted by Humanity deleted Nov 8th, 2020
Comment posted by DaveMan1000 deleted Nov 8th, 2020
Comment posted by DaveMan1000 deleted Nov 8th, 2020
Comment posted by Black Kyurem deleted Nov 8th, 2020
Comment posted by Black Kyurem deleted Nov 8th, 2020
Comment posted by Humanity deleted Nov 8th, 2020

10521824
So that's how it is? You're gonna keep bothering me until I do so? You're just pressuring me. I'm doing next to nothing here now, so quit bothering me. I mean it.

Login or register to comment