• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 1,506 Views, 11 Comments

The Most Dangerous Food - Art Inspired



Princess Twilight Sparkle finds out that being a princess isn't all that easy when you think your one true love is cake.

  • ...
6
 11
 1,506

It Started With A Crumb

Celestia's prized student, Twilight Sparkle had just become the Princess of Friendship. Princess Celestia, as proud as she was had her own worries to think about. There was more to this than just transforming her student into an alicorn. It was probably more than anypony could've even imagined, and if the right procedures were ignored, the aftermath would be disastrous. After this day, Twilight would surely develop tendencies to indulge herself from time to time by devouring a succulent piece of cake, but according to what was justly transpiring, it would be much worse.

To summarize, Twilight had found her way into the kitchen somehow. This was accomplished by following breadcrumbs that lead her there, and after tasting what had been left inside the royal kitchen meant only to be given to her after the princess coronation was complete, she'd be unable to control herself. Would she ever be able to even eat cake leisurely again after such a delectable bite?

This happens to all alicorns within twenty four hours of their transformation, but only if they possibly devour such a treat. "Honest, your Highness!" The head chef spoke in a panic, leading Celestia to the back of the hall. "One second I'm cooking here, just as you instructed me to do, and then, I get hit in the back of the head out of nowhere!"

"She's just beyond those doors, then?" Princess Celestia asked, scowling at the white and gold entrance to the kitchen. "She's in there... gorging herself! It hasn't even been half a day since she was made an alicorn, and she's already become worse than I was..."

The young looking chef walked up, and said, "Unfortunately, when I came to, I was outside right here! I tried to open the door in order to see what was happening. All I heard was groaning... some laughter... and then, everything went dark."

"She attacked you?" her highness asked in a shocked tone.

"No! What? Twilight Sparkle? Intentionally attack me? Of course not! Actually, umm... a scoop of ice cream was thrown at my head." He sighed, and said, "I'm pretty sure she was making herself c... ca..."

"Yes?" Celestia questioned in concern, fearing the worst.

"Cake a la mode !" Tensions were running high, so the chef told his ruler what he thought was best. "She'll likely only listen to you, princess."

The alicorn looked at the doors from where she stood, and said, "It shouldn't have to be this way..."

Since the dawn of sweets, alicorns have always had an irresistible craving for all sorts of sugary delicacies, but their worst weakness was cake. Red velvet, vanilla, chocolate - it didn’t matter. All cakes were excellent to the alicorns.

Twilight's personal box of specially prepared pastries and cupcakes could also be found inside, all alone and unguarded, and based off the destroyed insides, it appeared to Celestia that the newest princess of Equestria had put her bakery spells to good use. A wide variety of used cake baking instruments and boxes of ingredients littered the floor, and Celestia gulped at the red, blue, green and yellow splatters of frosting left on the walls. It was beyond disturbing. For Celestia, this was disgusting. She even gagged at all of the different colored crumbs dropped on the ground, but nothing would compare to hearing the fluttering of the beast behind her.

The being shadowed itself in corners so that none could see its flab. It hissed at Celestia with a gargle before gobbling yet another innocent slice, this one seemingly made with carrots. Then, it asked in a raspy voice, "You... planned on keeping all of this from me... ALL DAY?!"

Celestia huffed, "Only for twenty-four full hours! I swear to you Twilight, it's for the greater good."

The former mentor stayed firm, even in such a difficult situation while Twilight didn't seem to care much at all. She just kept bringing forth more and more different types of cakes to eat, and she clearly didn't care what Celestia thought of the scene she was bearing witness to, either. Twilight huffed with tiredness, and momentarily sounded like her sane self for a moment. "Why was all this even here? It's right next to when the party's being held."

Celestia confessed while looking around with regret, "We were going to allow you as much cake as you wanted once enough time had gone by. I knew I should've had all this done a day in advance, or have it be located further away! I'd also like to know who left behind the trail for you to follow." She looked back at Twilight who was now eating a glazed doughnut. "Please, Twilight... You need to stop!"

"What's this?" Twilight finally asked, bringing forth a glass covered plate. Inside was the worst possible thing that could've been anywhere near Twilight, and how she found it in the first place would forever baffle Celestia.

"Is that... angel food cake?"

Twilight's eyes went wider than her neck. "Angel food cake you say?"

"It's... just heavenly." The princess shook as she looked at Twilight again. "That's not even supposed to be here! What's going on?"

Twilight shook her head with a smile, and tossed the glass top to the ground, breaking it. "Not sure, your Highness, but if you'll excuse me."

"No!" Celestia pleaded Twilight not to eat it, because if she did, nothing would bring her back from her addiction to cake. It would mean the end of the Princess of Friendship before she had ever even began, but there was nothing Princess Celestia could do to stop her. She simply watched, feeling powerless. Twilight took the first bite, and at that time, Celestia's hoof rested on her chest where it felt like her heart was sinking.

"BLEH!"

Twilight spat the now moistened mush out from her mouth in disgust.

"Huh?"

"Eww," Twilight fussed, dropping the plate instantly. She kept making noises of displeasure, letting Celestia know just how much she truly hated that particular flavor of pastry. The next words to leave her lips, however, would bring Celestia to gasp. "I think that just turned me off of cake for the rest of my life!"

"You... don't like angel food cake, Twilight?" Celestia asked, a smile forming across her lips.

Twilight's cheeks began to puff, and just before she could let it all out, Twilight teleported herself to one of the bathrooms down the hall. As the princess of the sun awaited Twilight's return, she sighed with great relief. "That... was way too close."

Needless to say, this was a relief for Celestia. Even more so when Twilight came back, trotting away from the hall, and Celestia saw how much weight she'd gotten rid of already. The newest addition to the alicorn family walked low, and even though she didn't look very hefty anymore, she still looked humiliated. "Celestia," she begged from the entryway as she came inside the kitchen yet again.

"Yes, my poor Twilight?"

"I'm sooooo sorry I went off and ate so much cake, and worried you so much... I promise, it won't ever happen again." Another gag. "That's for sure."

Celestia simply nodded. "I'd say the punishment fits the crime perfectly. Now, before your coronation begins, let's go find you a spell that'll ease your stomach. And, perhaps a change in your dress as well. You'll have to wear something that hides all that..."

"Just say it," Twilight gurgled.

"Fat," Celestia said, happy to get the statement off her chest.

Twilight watched her former mentor walk on by, and lead the way out of the room. "But," Twilight asked. "What about the mess I made? A-and... Will anypony know about this?"

Celestia looked back to say, "I'm going to make sure that the mess you made would be taken care of. As for what has transpired... I'd never allow anypony to know of what happens to alicorns when it comes to cake."

Twilight did her best to smile, and followed along. She wondered also if Cadance had gone through such an ordeal seeing as how she was so much younger at the time, and as Twilight remembered, she loved cakes, too. Twilight would have to be sure and ask about that when the time came.

Comments ( 11 )

Weird, but also funny.

Bleh, Angel food cake?

Give me Devil's food cake any day thank you very much!

Decent enough, though I find the writing to be a bit flat and theven pacing a bit quick. I feel like the comedy was a bit underdeveloped. You probably could've left this one in the oven and bit longer.

That was a cake joke. Sorry.

Back after eating dinner, and I see there are comments now.

And they say what I was thinking but worried about sounding like a jerk.
7791728
I agree with chill. Idea is funny, but the {forgot the word -- narrative, non-dialogue, overall style and scene setting} leaves it falling flat. There's a lot of room one could insert some really funny dialogue.

The piece when Twilight teleports away and comes back felt a little strange. The first time through it felt like she left and immediately came back. It would help a bit to add something in of Celestia waiting, looking around the room, or talking to somepony to add the effect of time passing.

Also I'm with Twilight. Bleh. Angel Cake.

I like my cake with chocolate, and lots of.

7791606 Strawberry Gelatin Cake...

I liked it. Very funny :twilightsmile:

All this cake love needs a romance tag. :heart:

Fells more like it could be "Slice of Life" or "Random" rather then comedy itself since its not really that comedic to be honest.


Also, WHO THE HECK set it all up? Whoever did it was a genius.

A hilarious little slice of life if I do say so myself

Login or register to comment