• Published 28th Nov 2013
  • 399 Views, 12 Comments

"O brave new world, That has such people in't". - Initiate Brony



This is the tale of a young college student being transported to Equestria for no reason at all. (Or is there? Nah probably not) Where he will at last find true happiness.

  • ...
7
 12
 399

5

Months passed, my wounds healed, and the weather warmed to a more comfortable climate. In that time I got to know Twilight's friends better; I took some part-time work at Sweet Apple Acres and Sugarcube Corner to pay back Twilight for the medical bills and the food I was eating (a non-meat diet isn't too bad as long as you don't think of meat), I went for walks with Rainbow Dash as I came to know her, and helped out Fluttershy as well as Rarity with their projects. The forest I came to know as the Everfree remained at the top of my shit list, though how I was supposed to take revenge on an entire forest I had yet to puzzle out.

Since the kiss on the cheek incident Twilight and I had been a little jumpier around each other, such a thing being new to both of us, and I was experiencing a bit of conflict as to what I should do. Of all the women--or mares, or ah whatever--that I have known in my time, Twilight was the only one who seemed to show genuine sincerity and kindness towards me, the girls back home all seemed to like me as a friend and nothing more, but didn't have the heart to tell me such when I asked them out. This was exactly what I feared Twilight would do, you know, aside from me being a alien from another plane of existence or whatever the case may be.

One day when we were revising the library's catalog for the third time, I mustered up enough courage to ask her out. I was setting a book on the anomalies of magic in its place, when I turned to Twi, who was busy marking it off on one of her countless checklists. I took a deep breath, forming the sentence in my mind and as I was about to word it I was interrupted by the front door opening to reveal a pile of supplies with purple scaly legs, "A little help? Somepony!" he squeaked. I shook my head in minor frustration as I went to help him, and we put away the goods in short order. After Spike went upstairs to clean, I prepared to ask Twilight my question again, only to be cut off by her, "The next book is Anonymous Pony Volume 1," and she gestured to the stack of books we had been working through.

At first I went for the book, but then shook my head with determination, "No, Twilight," she looked up from her parchment in curiosity at my serious tone, "I-I need to ask you about something" I stuttered in sudden nervous energy. She levitated her quill and paper down, still looking at me curious as ever. I took another shaky breath, "I was wondering, if you would like to..." I was shaking uncontrollably, like I used to before having an asthma attack like when I was younger. I nearly fell onto the couch, trying to control my nerves to no avail, and Twilight rushed to my side, "Jim? What's the matter? Are your injuries acting up again? Do you need me to call a doctor?"

I couldn't help but let out a nervous chuckle, she sounded like a mother fretting over a klutzy infant, I bumped my palm into my forehead a few times and looked her in the eye, "Would you like to..." She didn't let me finish, instead she silenced me with a gentle hoof over my mouth, "Calm down Jim, its okay," she almost cooed, "Yes, I would love to go on a date with you," and she smiled.
OH MOST JOYOUS OF JOYS YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUH!
I couldn't help myself but spring up and dance about like a cartoon character, laughing as I did. After a moment or so of this I cleared my throat and regained my posture, seeing as Twilight was barely containing her own chortles.

"So," I began, "I hadn't really thought of where to take you--didn't think I would have gotten this far," I admitted embarrassed.
She smiled as charming as she always did, "How about that nice little restaurant next to Sugarcube Corner, tonight?"
I was petrified, "T-tonight?!", oh I had so much I had to get ready, my clothes, a shower, my manners, Rarity's rubbed off on me more than I would have liked oh I had so much to prepare!

Twilight frowned, "Unless you don't want to--" I interjected quickly: "NO! nononononono! Tonight's perfect! I just got some stuff to do, I-I-I'll meet you at the restaurant at eight!" and with that I was out the door booking it towards Rarity's house. I arrived panting, and immediately started slamming on the door. "Goodness gracious! Whoever you are you could learn a thing or two about not knocking on the door like a ruffian---oh Jim its you!" the unicorn greeted as she opened the entrance and I rushed in.

"Rarity, there is little time, I asked Twilight out and she said yes and we're going to that one restaurant in town square and I need to look nice and I want to look nice and I want it to be special!" By this time I was simply gasping for air, and Rarity was looking at me with some tears in her eyes, "That is just simply adorable Jim," she sniffled and wiped her eyes with a handkerchief, "now come here, we need to make you a suit that will have Twilight's heart aflutter the moment she sees you!"

_______________________________________________________________

After hours of waiting and manner lessons, I left the Carousel Boutique in a handsome dark blue suit, with star cuff links and a star on the breast pocket, I looked damn sharp if I do say so myself. My next stop was Sugarcube Corner and it was nearly eight o'clock already. I hurried in, an expectant looking Pinkie Pie was behind the counter and she waved happily as always. Like Pinkie, she knew exactly why I was there and had a half dozen of her famous cupcakes on hoof and ready for me. Pinkie Sense, I'm telling you. With my last item secured, I departed for the restaurant. It was a welcoming place, candlelight lit most of the establishment and it had a formal but relaxed feel to it. I reserved a table for two towards the back and waited impatiently. It was a few minutes to eight, and my brain was already rolling over the possible scenarios of what might happen.

Maybe she got cold feet?
Maybe she didn't mean it?
Did I overdo it on the suit?
What was I thinking, she's not even human, why did I think this would work?
Oh stop it, she is the nicest person you have ever encountered she wouldn't stand you up
That's it I am leaving

As I stood to leave, she entered the restaurant. So that's why Rarity wanted my suit to have stars on it. Twilight was wearing a dark blue dress with a few other shades, stars along the seams, dainty shoes with stars on them, and a sparkling star earring. Her mane was curled at the back and it shined in the light. She was beauty made manifested as far as I was concerned at that moment. She spotted me easily, and slowly walked to me, with a goddess-like smile on her lips. "Hello," she greeted, to which I, in standard awkwardness responded with, "The name's Bond, James Bond" in a mock Sean Connery accent. The reference was lost on her but she giggled nevertheless, making warmth swell up in my chest.

She made for her seat, but I was there before her, pulling it out like a gentleman--Rarity would be proud--and scooting her back to the table once she was comfortable. I returned to my seat, again looking akin to Frankenstein's monster in comparison to the chair. I thought of bringing up a topic of conversation, but when I went to make eye contact I stopped, Twilight was staring into me with a look of bliss--sincere happiness at being there with me.

Is she okay? Even I am not that sexy--oh knock it off you narcissist

For a moment we stared into each other's eyes, before we both realized what we were doing and looked away blushing. Twilight was the first to speak, "Sorry, it's just... nopony has ever asked me out before and you have been so nice to me I..." she trailed off into thought like she always did and I uttered a content sigh.
"Its okay Twilight, I am new to dating as well. Well, not as new as you, but this one has already been the best I have been on," I assured her candidly. Her face blushed adorably and she covered her eyes with a hoof as a waiter came to the table, "Are you two ready for me to place your orders?" the well kept stallion asked, eyeing me with some caution. "Oh yes of course," I stammered, "I would like the cucumber salad with a side of dressing and the lady would like..." I looked up at Twilight and she finished my sentence with: "I'll have the same please." The waiter nodded and left us for the kitchen.

Dinner was exquisite, we made small talk about happenings in town, and I liked cucumbers before but the way the chef prepared them was fantastic and before long I found myself comfortably full. I paid the bill and left a few bits for the waiter before we departed. The night was clear and somewhat warmer than those had been recently, but I still saw Twilight shiver.
Now's your chance, giver her the--
No! I am not going to do that! I am a gentleman and a scholar!
I didn't mean like that dipshit, I meant the snuggles...
Oh right, sorry

Slowly reaching my right arm over to Twilight I placed a hand on her side. She jumped at the contact before looking back at me, with a smile and I pulled her close as we walked together, tricky considering the difference in physiology.

We arrived at the library in little time, and I got the door for my date. She nodded her thanks and trotted up the stairs, I watched as she went--was she swaying her hips seductively? I made a face of confusion looking up the stairs before I grabbed a copy of Daring Do from a shelf. I went upstairs at a moderate pace, peeling off my coat and dress shirt that I hung up in an empty closet, placing my dress shoes in there as well. When I got to the third floor I saw that there wasn't a fire going, so I set to making one before walking up the stairs to the landing. I didn't see Twilight anywhere, and the bed looked to still be made so I sat down on my side and undid my belt, leaving me in boxers and plain white undershirt as I pulled back the covers and got in.

The bed had to be one of the most comfortable things I had ever laid on and my form easily sunk into its spongy mattress. I noticed the bathroom, just across from the bed had a light coming from under the door. It was probably just Spike or Twilight--wait, where is Spike? The cat bed was empty and I couldn't hear his obnoxious snoring anywhere in the house, Oh no, I am alone in the house with Twilight.

I didn't know if I should have been panicking or excited, Twilight was up to something and not knowing what was playing hell with my mind. At that time the bathroom light turned off and its door opened to reveal Twilight no longer wearing her dress but she still had a star earring on. She gazed at me while she traipsed towards me, climbing over the foot of the bed and brought her face within a few inches of mine. I was too scared to move, Hey sue me I'm not used to female attention, and I began shaking uncontrollably. Twilight noticed my distress and her smirk turned to a frown, "Goodness Jim, what's the matter now?" and she moved over to her side of the bed still looking right at me. She sounded... impatient, like she was waiting for me to do... OH oh oh okay, um .

Lockdown engaged.
Unforeseen anomaly detected, recommend caution.

She did not avert her eyes, and she made to say something, but before she could I closed the distance, clasping a hand behind her head and bringing my lips to hers. I had never kissed someone like this before, or kissed someone for that matter, and I was terrified that I was doing something wrong.

She closed her surprised eyes and held my cheek with a hoof.
I guess you did something right Casanova.

She pulled closer and I took her in my arms, instinct taking over I suppose, and we lost ourselves in the storm of feelings washing over us.

Author's Note:

There's another chapter, hope you like it. I found that listening to soundtrack and classical music seems to help the writing process quite a lot. I may write another chapter today, not sure yet though.

As always, leave a comment on what you think may need some fixing or where you think the story should go from here.