• Published 9th Mar 2012
  • 737 Views, 8 Comments

THE BLOOD MOON - Lamms

  • ...
1
 8
 737

Revelations

Shortly after the decline of the blood moon, the blood wolves were lifted of there curse. The sky was glowing with an aura of peace and stability. Ponies cowering in fear were greeted by a paw reaching out for assistance and together they rose. Families were reunited with there young fillies and colts. They held each other for hours and would not let go for years.

--------

Celestia returned to Ponyville filled with sorrow, but a free mind and consciousness. The wolves bowed their heads, apologies were said and accepted, only through love and toleration could they move on and live in harmony.

--------

Scootaloo laid up against her mother as the night passed, she still shook from the terrors of the past days, but lovingly accepted her mothers warm embrace. She had not spoke of what happened that night, And her family gladly understood that it would reveal itself over time.

--------

“We lived in infamy” declared Celestia, “but now we can live in peace.”

The crowd cheered, wolf and pony alike. A new era was upon them, and with it a new love for one another.

--------

Twilight found Celestia in the castle gardens, lying next to a marble cross. There were no tears. No sighs.

“Who was he princess?”

“My best friend, and a hero nonetheless Twilight...But even heroes die...”

Celestia dropped a rose she had picked from the castle gardens on the marble cross.

“All that hate, all that anger, and yet he found it in his heart to be a hero.”

She was right. Something clicked in Mordecai on that cliff side, the error of his ways had reached him. He sought redemption in himself and in the end acted to free the ones he cared about. Strange enough he cared from the start but he had no one to embrace him.

“I learned something about friendship, Twilight. No matter what happens, no matter what changes, friendship is forever, friendship never dies. Live with it now, Twilight, grow to love and cherish it and the memories you receive. Don't live in the pictures that are the past, don't let your dreams create a nightmare.”

Celestia shed a tear down her cheek. Beside her stood the ghostly presence Mordecai and they both said with a free voice of sorrow and discontent.

“Love, will set you free.”

Comments ( 8 )

My contest entry.

Mordecai-are the blood wolves Jewish?! lol

304433 lol um....sure

Hmmmmmmmm....... ok let's start with the bad.
There are many punctuation errors, mainly in the form of missing commas and the occasional period.
Also, the story moved along a bit too quickly. I was hoping for a little more backstory, and more of a "journey" for Celestia.
It was a bit short; was hoping fr a longer story.

Now for the good.

HOLY MOTHER OF SCANDINAVIAN ENCHILADA TAPDANCER PLATYPUS THE WORDING IS AMAZING!
That was the first thing that hit me when I started reading: it sounds more like a proffessional novel than a fanfiction about My Little Pony. The diologue between Celestial and Mordecai, the description's of everything... heck, even the bit with Scootaloo was almost creepy! This is a great story, errors and length aside. I will expect great fics out of you! :rainbowkiss:

304570 thank you very much for your feedback

Stalin amused by your note at beginning.
Overall, Stalin doesn't like dark stories, so Stalin thinks he'll pass on this one.

305183 Your loss, as this was a good read.

Login or register to comment