• Published 8th Mar 2012
  • 780 Views, 34 Comments

From the Ruins - Doctor Derpin



Love has a funny way of popping up just about anywhere.

  • ...
2
 34
 780

What I've done

Chaper 8
What I've done
--Galvanic Spark--

"Wh-wha-?" Spark managed to sputter out as he was tackle hugged by the poofy pink mare. The unicorn winced, his head was throbbing. "Oh buck, that hurt."

Pinkie jumped off of him with a quick "Sorry, I just haven't seen anypony for a long time." She looked over to Sweetie Belle "How are things here in Ponyville?"

"Wait, you live here and you don't know?" Spark asked, confused.

"Nope," she said with a huge smile, "I only come out of Sugarcube corner at night."

"Um-" Spark started but was interupted by a gasp from Pinkie Pie

"I haven't sang you a welcome song!" she got up and danced around like... like... there was nothing he could think of to compare her to. She was just that hyper.

Her song was interuppted by Sweetie Belle "Why?"

The earth pony stopped midair "Why what Sweetie-Beetie-Zeetie Belle?"

"Why did you disapear? Everypony's been worried about you!" This was the first time Spark had seen the normally optomistic filly actually angry.

"Rarity was so worried about you, she stopped eating for a few days!" her rant continued, although Spark wondered whether it was the worry that prevented Rarity from eating or simply lack of enough food at all. You may be smart, and you may be wiser than most fillies your age, but you still have a lot to learn. he thought to himself.

Looking over at the pony that had just been smiling ear to ear and tackling him in a hug, the pain was clear. There were no tears, but the agony of Sweetie's ongoing rant was clear from all the changes in Pinkie's demenor. The mare whispered a barely audible "I'm sorry." but the young one persisted. She's just letting out her anger at the world. Spark silently explained, as if he thougt Pinkie could hear, So much loss, and she shows none of her pain and rage to anypony else. It needs to come out. After about three minutes she was done, exhausted from her emotional release. Sweetie Belle sat down next to Spark, quietly dozing. He would've taken her home, but there was no telling if Rarity was finished yet. With that in mind, he sat and looked at the bubblegum pink mare beside him.

Pinkies flamboyant puffy mane had deflated during the course of Sweetie's rant. She was siliently starring up at the night sky, perhaps thinking back to before the destroyers and all the death that they had brought. They just sat like that... for a few moments of comlete silence and contemplation... then she turned to him. The moon's shining silver light reflected off of her bright blue eyes. "I just wasn't ready." she said after a few more moments.

"Ready for what?" he asked.

"I wasn't ready to face what I'd done."

Spark was still confused, "What do you mean?"

"When the destroyers were here, I did some bad things to survive." She said, Spark could almost see the memories in her eyes. "I just couldn't face the memories, and every time I saw one of my friends the memories became all I could think about."

There were still no tears, just a somber tone. Spark felt sorry for her having to carry that burden alone. Sure, Spark had been alone, himself, for almost all of his travels; but he didn't want anyone else with him. Pinkie wanted a friend... wanted help... but couldn't find somepony to provide those things. Spark, you have a desicion to make. If you talk to her... share in this burden... you will have made the kind of attachment that got you hurt last time. Once you make your choice, you can't go back. he told himself.

"Come back to Ponyville." Spark said, "We've all done things we aren't proud of, don't let yourself rot alone for the rest of your life because of them."

Pinkie looked up at the stars in the night sky for a long time before answering, "I'm sorry... but...I can't... not... not yet."

Spark sighed and started to say something, but was immidiately cut off by Pinkie "Please, just promise me that we're friends."

"I promise." he replied.

Pinkie hugged him then stood up"Will you meet me here next week? I need somepony to talk to, other than Madame le Flour"

"I'll see you then." Spark said, ignoring the last part.

Pinkie smiled, then bounced off into the fields, humming another song. Spark just sat, thinking about the past couple days: His two new friens, his new home, and the note from Shine in his dream. How can she ask me to love this Twilight mare anyway? I haven't been with her for more than five minutes and she already hates me. He knew, though, that he had tried to get her to hate him. I'm just like Pinkie Pie, Shine. I just can't face what I've done.