• Published 8th Mar 2012
  • 780 Views, 34 Comments

From the Ruins - Doctor Derpin



Love has a funny way of popping up just about anywhere.

  • ...
2
 34
 780

A warm welcome

Chapter 6
A warm welcome
--Twilight Sparkle--


Even since she had knocked that colt out, earlier that day, Twilight had found herself unable to concentrate on her work. I've got to get these things done! She kept thinking to herself, but she just felt bad for the guy. I didn't mean to hurt him that badly, he just startled me. And on and on all through out the day. The new mayor was on her way to talk to Applejack about the descition made about her conflict with Rarity when she saw him again. This time she got a better look at him. He was a small dark grey colt with an almost metalic purple mane. It was clear that his mind was what had kept him alive in the ruins of equestria. He was staring, like this morning, but this time with a look of more dread than wonder. Twilight hated herself Now the poor colt is afraid of you! Did you learn nothing from the friendship reports you sent Princess Celestia for the past two years?! Twilight sighed to herself, disapointed.

Suddenly, the voice of an excited filly startled her "HI TWILIGHT!" Sweetie Belle shouted.

"Hey there, Sweetie Belle." Twilght responded "Whatcha up to?"

"Just showing the new colt around town. You know, the one that you accidentally knocked out this morning."

Twilight cringed at that last part, and appearently the colt noticed because he had a hard time stiffling a laugh. Well, at least he isn't too afraid to laugh around me. She thought to herself as she extended her hoof in greeting, "Hi, I'm Twilight Sparkle, sorry about earlier. I... I was a bit startled."

He regarded her, then looked upward towards the bandage that Fluttershy had put on his head. "It's understandable, you didn't know whether or not I was going to be hostile. You took the safer route: if I had been hostile, I could have done a lot more harm than what you would gain from if I had simply wanted to join your little community." He said, in a rather cold tone.

Sweetie Belle looked from one pony to the other for a few moments then asked the, still unintroduced colt "Spark, Twilight didn't mean to hurt you. She's just been afraid of strange colts ever since the raider attack a few months ago."

This earned the filly a stare to rival that of Fluttershy herself from the lavender unicorn, "Sweetie Belle, don't discuss that sort of things with strangers, he could still have hostile intensions!"

"No he doesn't!" she retorted

"Then why hasn't he even told me his name?!"

"Spark... my name is Galvanic Spark." he said.

Twilight looke up and regarded the new pony in town once more, then tursely said "Well, most of the houses around here are unoccupied. You're welcome to stay in one... but I'm warning you, if you so much as LOOK at one of my friends in a negative way... you'll be lucky if you only end up unconsious." At that she turned and stormed towards Sweet Apple Acres.